PDA

View Full Version : No ride to Trail Days..

BooBoo
02-23-2005, 16:26
Well ya'll it looks like I won't be coming to Trail Days.:( It'll be a huge hassle getting from Philly, BWI or Atlanta to Damascus and Greyhound doesn't come any closer than Marion,VA. Oh well, perhaps I'll see ya'll at The Gathering or next years TD's.

BooBoo

Newb
02-23-2005, 21:12
BooBoo it looks like if I can go that I'm just gonna drive from here in Alexandria down to Damascus and hike out and back.

J.D.
02-23-2005, 21:48
Well ya'll it looks like I won't be coming to Trail Days.:( It'll be a huge hassle getting from Philly, BWI or Atlanta to Damascus and Greyhound doesn't come any closer than Marion,VA. Oh well, perhaps I'll see ya'll at The Gathering or next years TD's.
BooBoo
So... I am an hour drive south of BWI.... You got a ticket to BWI and what's your ETA...? No big deal for me to pick you up there.

It's about 7 - 8 hours to Damascus.

You will have to be nice to SkyDog - who always goes with me...<g>...

Happy Trails,

J.D.

Nightwalker
02-23-2005, 22:26

BooBoo
A thumb always works for me when I'm wearing a pack. It's worth a try.

People usually say "I hardly ever pick up hitch-hikers, but guys with packs are usually different" or words to that effect.

BooBoo
02-28-2005, 00:18
Hello JD sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. A huge thank you to for your offer.:) I haven't ordered my ticket to BWI yet. Fill me on on your itenerary for Trail Days and I'll schedule my flight accordingly.

btw: I love dogs! Perhaps Skydog will help to keep me from missing my Lab mix puppy Midnight.

I'll get back to you soon.

BooBoo

wacocelt
02-28-2005, 00:21
Skydog kicks ass, good puppy that one.

J.D.
02-28-2005, 08:58
Hello JD sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. A huge thank you to for your offer.:) I haven't ordered my ticket to BWI yet. Fill me on on your itenerary for Trail Days and I'll schedule my flight accordingly.BooBoo
Itinerary: Get there. Have a GREAT time. Return home.

Planning on driving down Wednesday (05/11). I like to get there early and hopefully get that elusive primo spot. I will be in TOTAL LUXURY this time 'cause I am pulling my tent-on-wheels (See the "Sportliner" at aliner.com).

Weekday flights are always cheaper; so, come on in 05/10 or EARLY 05/11. You can crash here or there's a great National Park 15 minutes away if you are so inclined. I am actually closer to Dulles & National Airports; but, BWI isn't that much farther away. Suggest seeing if you can get a tcket on IFLY.com which is kinda new and cheaper.

Lemme know....

J.D.
02-28-2005, 09:03
Skydog kicks ass, good puppy that one.
wacocelt...? No kidding...!?!?!?! Do you really know my SkyDog..:-?..???

Altho' she looks like she is mostly Border Collie, I have recently decided that she has a lot of the "carriage dog" instincts! She constantly scouts ahead on both sides of the trail looking for whomever / whatever might be waiting in ambush...<g>... Circles back every 4 or 5 minutes to make sure I am OK. Lays down in whatever spot of water and waits for me to catch up....<g>...