PDA

View Full Version : UL pillow comparison

Sassafras Lass
09-20-2011, 15:17
Finally found what I was looking for, and thought it may be helpful to ya'll!

Ultralight Pillow Comparison (http://www.trailspace.com/articles/pillows.html)

Chubbs4U
09-20-2011, 15:58
So which did you get?

Sassafras Lass
09-20-2011, 18:32
None yet - still deciding! And still waiting to start my new job so I can make some $$ to go hiking. But when I decide, I'll be sure to post my feelings on it :)

just dad
09-20-2011, 20:40
The Montbell Comfort System pillow is not on the list. Weighs about 2.5 oz. Also missing is the Big Agnes Clearview pillow. Weighs about 3 oz.

RWheeler
09-20-2011, 21:05
I read through that, saw mention of mummy-bag specified pillows, and decided to inspect my bag (REI Lumen 25+) further. To my surprise, there's a pocket in the hood, where I could presumably put a pillow. Didn't even know that was there!

mattack
09-28-2011, 12:54
I LOVE the cocoon pillow! I like to sleep on my stomach and I can inflate this pillow just enough to keep my head cushioned but not cranked at an odd angle. Also, the smooth side is nice and cool in the summer!

Wil
09-28-2011, 13:01
I don't see mention of the inflatable pillows available from medical supply houses. The best and cheapest solution.

skinewmexico
09-28-2011, 15:28
I don't see mention of the inflatable pillows available from medical supply houses. The best and cheapest solution.

That's what I use, but in a Walmart camp pillow (took out the plastic bladder, left the memory foam). Works pretty well for $6. I also have a custom inflatable I had Bender on BPL make; it's pretty good. Need to have him make me a thicker one though.

jeramie75
09-28-2011, 17:09
How does the Cocoon air bladders hold up?

Wil
09-28-2011, 22:03
That's what I use, but in a Walmart camp pillow (took out the plastic bladder, left the memory foam). Works pretty well for $6.The idea of a pillow shell with a thin layer of memory foam surrounding the medical inflatable sounds good. I looked at Walmart website but all I see is the Coleman foldable and I don't turn up anything that sounds like that on a search for "Walmart camp pillow." Is this an older discontinued thing or is it still in the stores?