PDA

View Full Version : SMD Haven tent

stilllife
09-21-2011, 15:41
Can I get some info on this tent from someone who has it or has used it? It seems roomy for the weight.

dpnoll
09-22-2011, 08:32
I've got the one from 2 years ago and am still using it when my wife and I backpack together. It has plenty of room and the nice part is that the inner stays dry when setting up and taking it down. There is plenty of room for two people and the weight with stakes is 40 oz.

stilllife
09-22-2011, 11:36
Thanks a lot dpnoll

STICK
09-24-2011, 14:29
I've got the one from 2 years ago and am still using it when my wife and I backpack together. It has plenty of room and the nice part is that the inner stays dry when setting up and taking it down. There is plenty of room for two people and the weight with stakes is 40 oz.

The newer model Havens weigh less than the older models, so while I cannot remember how much the older one weighed, the new one is listed to weigh 14 oz for the outer and 18 oz for the inner (or vice-versa) which is a total of 32 oz, or 2 pounds. Of course though, the stakes weight will vary depending on which stakes are used. I have been using some of Lawson Klines Ti-Eye and shepherd hook stakes with my Lunar Duo and they have worked fine so far. 8 of these in a stuff sack is right at 2 oz.

I really like how versatile this tent is considering the inner and outer can be pitched together or separately, depending on situation. Plus, it is very easy to split the weight up between 2 people, or even for one, it still weighs less than many other 2 wall tents.