PDA

View Full Version : you're thoughts on my thru-hike gear list

djcoin
09-21-2011, 15:48
I just copied and pasted this from my quick list so the measurements and pricing may be slightly off in some places because I update the list alot but this is the result of hundreds of hours of research and comparing, and while I'm still deciding on a few things I want to hear your general thoughts on it all if anyone knowledgable has the time. It's an eyefull and the caliber of gear is a notch or two above the average hikers gear..it certainly is a mindblower of information and interesting stuff if you've never looked at the high and obscure end of hiking gear. I figure the better quality gear the better time I'll have but I may or may not be going overboard on some things.

zamberlan sella nw gt rr boots $499 40oz

arctery'x bora 80 pack $375 7lb

Hydro Photon SteriPEN Adventurer Opti $90 3.6 oz

hilleberg akto $430 3lb 8oz

Suunto Core Multifunction Watch * $249.00 2.3oz

Arcteryx beta ar pants $350 1 lb 1.3 oz

ARC'TERYX alpha sv $500 1lb.3oz

Fission SL Jacket $560

LEKI CARBONLITE AERGON SPEEDLOCK TREKKING POLES - Pair * $126 14.2oz

marmot plasma 15 sleeping bag $450 1lb 15.96oz

Garmin GPSMAP 62stc Handheld GPS with Digital Camera
by Garmin $500 9.3oz

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

X-Bionic Energy Accumulator Extrawarm Shirt, Long Sleeves $265 6.6oz

X-Bionic Trekking Shirt Short Sleeves x2 $440 9.2oz

X-SOCKS Trekking Evolution Sock - Gray x5 $250 10z

X-bionic Trekking Boxer Shorts x2 $120 3.8oz

X-bionic Energy Accumulator Pants x2 $270 16oz

X-bionic Energy Accumulator‚ Shirt - Long Sleeve $219 5oz

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit $450 2.2lb

San Mai III® Recon Scout $200 12.7oz

Petzl Tikka XP 2 Core Headlamp $110 3.1oz

Garmin rechargeable nimh batt kit + 2 aa nimh batts f dakota $25

Liberty Mountain The Tick Key $5.95 1oz

OPSak--Odor Barrier Bag--3 pack $12 3oz

Aloksak $12 3oz

Ursack S29 AllWhite $65 8oz

PMI 3mm Utility Cord - Package of 50 ft * $4.50 1oz

MSR PackTowl Original Small Towel - 20" x 9" * $7.95 0.6oz

Penguin Sport-Wash - 20 oz. $10

Sea to Summit Kitchen Sink - 20 liter $27 3oz

Coghlan's Featherweight Mirror * $3.00 0.5oz

Sunscreen Lotion SPF 15, 4-Fluid Ounce $4

REI MultiTowel Lite X Large Towel - 49" x 29.5" * $26.50 4.7oz

Vargo Outdoors Triad XE Titanium Alcohol/Fuel Tab Stove $32 1.5oz

Sea to Summit Lite Line Clothesline * $6.95 1.3oz

Sea to Summit Pocket Shower * $26.95 5.25oz

Space Brand All Weather Blanket $12.15 - $17.99 12oz

Ultimate Survival Technologies StrikeForce Fire Starter $14.95 - $32.42 3.7oz

Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants $16.47

A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and central North America (Peterson Field Guide)

Cables Unlimted ACC-FIBER6 Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Cleaning Cloths $8.89 6.7oz

Primus Titanium Fork, Spoon and Knife Kit $26.61 2oz

Evernew Titanium Non-Stick Pot $46 21oz

Nemo Astro Insulated Sleeping Pad $100 24oz

Dr. Bronners Organic Liquid Soap $15.75 32oz

Granger's XT Proofer Waterproof Spray $13

ZAMBERLAN NEOPRENE GAITERS $25

$5989 +

24 lb and 12.79 oz

hikerboy57
09-21-2011, 16:02
my timex ironman keeps good time, cost $20. none of my shirts or pants cost anywhere near the $200 mark you paid. You could probably save $4000 on your gear and hire a sherpa for your hike instead.the ultimate survival technologies strike force firestarter can be replaced by a bic lighter, or stormprrof matches.also, what is penguin sport wash. Ive nevre seen a penguin on the AT, wonder if this is necessary?

IrishBASTARD
09-21-2011, 16:07
No offense dude but I

IrishBASTARD
09-21-2011, 16:08
No offense dude but I think your making yourself a target. Bics work but

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 16:10
How does your pack weigh 7 pounds and your total weight is 24 pounds?! and why, if your total weight without the pack is 17 pounds, would you carry a pack almost half your total weight?

You might get some hate with your budget, but if you have it to burn I guess why not.

IrishBASTARD
09-21-2011, 16:14
All your gear sounds nice and all be it very unneeded...but five grand plus will certainly make you a target amongst people who see you as being Rich. In this day and age the more you have...the less people will like you. People starving sadly and you feel the list is needed...the brands you have are top of the line be it. You might as well Buy a Rolex sub to round out for a watch too...I think your putting yourself into danger by buying any of these items. Townies may look on you as a Richie Rich type...and feel their duty to take away some of your things. You can shop anywhere needed Goodwill St Vincents...it doesnt have to be the best of the best. Price does not always equal quality nor favor among fellow hikers...if anything it shows your easy to grab a beer off of or some sweet gear. Cut it all down otherwise you might as well be hiking down Park avenue...with that bank acct on your back you would be amongst friends.

hikerboy57
09-21-2011, 16:14
with all the money you've spent on gear, any possibility youve got a few bucks left over to donate to Whiteblaze?the ATC? and ALDHA?, maybe AMC, too?

djcoin
09-21-2011, 16:20
@hikerboy57 well i sort of expected the viewers to do a little more then a first glance at the gear..theres a reason the clothes cost 200+ the sports wash is for washing the clothes btw because even though they are made of higher quality thread then usual they arnt generic and will get shredded in a washer and require specific types of detergent, I added it in there for thought.
@ fog horn the pack weight isnt added in my bad.

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 16:22
Even if you take out the poles and you look at just what you are carrying and you do not include most of the clothing, the number I got for your gear was over 30 pounds.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 16:25
just a general fyi im not interested in what the other hikers think and im aware of the possibility of things getting stolen but im cautious enough to prevent that.

hikerboy57
09-21-2011, 16:28
I can understand spending a little more money to save weightIt just seems like a whole lot of unnecessary spending.one thing refreshing about the At is there is no class distinction. It seems you're determined to break the trend. you're packweight is too high and youre carrying a lot of uneecessary weight.wsith food and water you're over 40 lbs. so whats the point.
PS, special detergent will not kill hiker funk.
welcome to Whitebalze. you're not one of those guys under the bridge with 3 questioons to ask, are you?

djcoin
09-21-2011, 16:34
I can understand spending a little more money to save weightIt just seems like a whole lot of unnecessary spending.one thing refreshing about the At is there is no class distinction. It seems you're determined to break the trend. you're packweight is too high and youre carrying a lot of uneecessary weight.wsith food and water you're over 40 lbs. so whats the point.
PS, special detergent will not kill hiker funk.
welcome to Whitebalze. you're not one of those guys under the bridge with 3 questioons to ask, are you?

its like i said..its my quick list its just a reference its not like im going to be taking everything on the list. also for gods sake im aware its expensive and no im not rich but im 20 yrs old and in a position atm where i can afford to save up for something expensive. forget money as a factor functionality is all im interested in.

charlieo
09-21-2011, 16:37
I prefer the synthetic clothes at wal mart and I can put in the washing machine. Your budget is crazy. Of course this is just my opinion

rjhouser
09-21-2011, 16:40
I spent a lot less than you and will be hiking a lot lighter than you. The gear doesn't get you to Maine. Pocket shower? Come on, man up!

IrishBASTARD
09-21-2011, 16:44
Overall the pricey items ARE NOT needed as I said before makes you a target. Its not the gear that makes the hike its you who makes it...those items are just that items. Becoming one with yourself in understanding this will be grueling and long...is more of a priority than all else. You will want a least a much lighter pack golite is good and osprey...I am Ultra light hiking myself. The boots are ok though I am using ankle supports from my Dr...and using running shoes. That would drop your wait. Three pairs of clothing the ones on your back...the ones for town and the ones at camp. Smartwool socks work wonders they are good quality not overally high priced and last.

The gps is unneeded really a compass works just as well...and no worries on where to recharge it. The odor barrier bags are a unique idea though I have used...ziploc bags and fresh lemon zest. Yes be it literally a bit fruity it works to keep the hiker funk down. I would use a Zippo for the lighter its money back and a true American icon. The waterproof gear is really unneeded as such it will rain...make you very uncomfortable perhaps just a poncho. The gaitors and boots are ok but I would toss those as well...having larger boots does not always mean an easier stride. The best idea and I have never thought of is the mirror...good for signaling for help or shaving. All in all I checked it all out great gear and all...but try to keep yourself from being too noticed. Good ideas and the like...just dont want anyones gear getting jacked because they like nice things or otherwise.

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 16:45

Suunto Core Multifunction Watch * $249.00 2.3oz Doesn't your garmin tell the time?

Arcteryx beta ar pants $350 1 lb 1.3 oz I don't know what miracle these pants can do, but I wouldn't bring pants that are over a pound when you already have two pairs of other pants

ARC'TERYX alpha sv $500 1lb.3oz Same with this. for the money, these should weight a lot less or come with pockets lined in gold

Fission SL Jacket $560 Is this a repeat? Why take two similar jackets?

by Garmin $500 9.3oz

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

X-Bionic Trekking Shirt Short Sleeves x2 $440 9.2oz You already have ss shirts. Even as a luxury item, you really only need two

X-bionic Trekking Boxer Shorts x2 $120 3.8oz Same as the ss shirts.

X-bionic Energy Accumulator Pants x2 $270 16oz More pants, yayyyyyy

X-bionic Energy Accumulator‚ Shirt - Long Sleeve $219 5oz More shirts, yayyyy

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit $450 2.2lb from all accounts I've heard, solar panels are close to useless int he green tunnel, and that weight is too heavy to justify the minimal benefits

San Mai III® Recon Scout $200 12.7oz Hefty knife. Have you considered one made of lighter materials?

Aloksak $12 3oz

MSR PackTowl Original Small Towel - 20" x 9" * $7.95 0.6oz I've heard bad reports of these, that they get really smelly really fast and that a bandana or four is better. If nothing else, try these out before taking them with you.

Penguin Sport-Wash - 20 oz. $10 If you are going to take this much specialty wash, you should consider a bounce box and just take a SMALL bottle on the actual trail with you, or dont take any on the trail and just wash in town.

Sea to Summit Kitchen Sink - 20 liter $27 3oz the bottom of a milk bottle works well :)

Sea to Summit Lite Line Clothesline * $6.95 1.3oz just use the utility line that you are already bringing

Sea to Summit Pocket Shower * $26.95 5.25oz I don't know that you will use/ need this

Space Brand All Weather Blanket $12.15 - $17.99 12oz Why take a sleeping bag and then almost a pound of blanket on top of that? I don't get it. HYOH and everything, you asked for opinions.

Ultimate Survival Technologies StrikeForce Fire Starter $14.95 - $32.42 3.7oz My fire starter was four bucks and weighs less than half an ounce. You got robbed

Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants $16.47 Can you get the e version of this?

A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and central North America (Peterson Field Guide) same with this

Cables Unlimted ACC-FIBER6 Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Cleaning Cloths $8.89 6.7oz do you need half a pound of this or can you cut it down?

Evernew Titanium Non-Stick Pot $46 21oz I don't know what pots are going for these days but a pound and a half for one pot seems excessive

Dr. Bronners Organic Liquid Soap $15.75 32oz Get a smaller jar. A three ounce jar is big enough to keep you going for a long time, and then you can resupply. No need to have 32 ounces of soap

$5989 +

24 lb and 12.79 oz

I didn't see gloves, dry bags, stuff sacks, sack covers, tooth brush and hygiene items, and all that good jazz....

charlieo
09-21-2011, 16:46
Don't really see the need for 50' utility cord AND a clothline. somethings may be a little redundant.

RGB
09-21-2011, 16:53
Maybe I'm missing something but....you're paying that much for a pack that weighs 7 pounds????

I paid $150 for a new GoLite Pinnacle and it's only 2 lbs, and this is a pack that has been thru-tested by others several times.

Either A) you haven't done as much research as you said/think you have or B) you are under the guise that more money = better gear.

You have that budget at 20? Dude, why don't you just be minimalist with the gear, save some money, and see if you actually like the trail. And if you do, then you can buy average gear like everyone else and have money leftover for the PCT, CDT, or whatever.

The adventures I'd have with a trust-fund.

Feral Bill
09-21-2011, 16:54
Have you hikes much? If not, rent some gear and invest a few days in seeing what you really need.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 16:55
thnx for the input i will adjust my list accordingly. another fyi the only things ive bought from this list so far are the pack and boots also once again this isnt the final list its just A list.

hikerboy57
09-21-2011, 16:58
2 books on identifying edible plants? one book is enough to kill you.
and no bandanna?

Hoofit
09-21-2011, 17:42
Dj coin ????
That says it all !!
Watch out for the townies , they'll spot you a mile off....
Good luck and mind your back

Hoofit
09-21-2011, 17:51
Short sleeve BIONIC trekking shirt for 440 BUCKS!!!
EXPLORER KIT FOR 450 bUCKS!!!

That's almost a GRAND, for a go - faster shirt and a magnifying glass!!!
Sorry, I'm cracking up here...

Y'oure just havin a larf' right
You havn't really bought all this stuff?!

Do you have pictures?

djcoin
09-21-2011, 18:08
i updated my list a bit tell me what you think with an open mind. i can carry wieght very well so i dont mind a few extra ounces but i am interested in functionality.

ARC'TERYX beta ar pants/shirt $450 15.3oz lighter version of the previous jacket..i know its heavy but from what ive heard from a real life friend and online reviews the quality and function makes it worth it..especially if im going to be in the rain for days at a time

Fission SL Jacket $560 21.6 oz this is just a insulated version of the beta ar..it can keep you warm in 0 degree weather with a t shirt under(so i hear). however i probably wont be getting it.

by Garmin $500 9.3oz

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90
these are supposed to be my town/sleep clothes and also alternative hike clothes

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

X-bionic Trekking Boxer Shorts x2 $120 3.8oz because of how great xbionic works (and it does work ive tested it) im adamant on taking xbionic clothing as my main hikewear

however it does require a bit more maintance then normal clothes it technically should be washed daily if you want to keep the
X-bionic Energy Accumulator Pants x2 $270 16oz functionality going well.

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit $450 2.2lb its my goal to avoid towns and resupplying as much as possible so im keeping this (this panel will work in almost any light just fine)

SRK San Mai III® 179$ 8.1oz not sure the exact weight im looking for in a knife on the trail but i like the san mai 3 since its nearly invincible and wont rust.

Aloksak $12 3oz

Trangia Mini Trangia 28-T Backpacking Stove $35 5.75oz

Sea to Summit Kitchen Sink - 20 liter $27 3oz will probably end up keeping this xbionic require handwashing and i have a hard time imagining doing that in a milk carton :P

Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel Mini 8$ `1oz

Nature's Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants $16.47
ill ditch the books

A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and central North America (Peterson Field Guide)

Cables Unlimted ACC-FIBER6 Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Cleaning Cloths $8.89 6.7oz will take only the wieght i need

Dr. Bronners Organic Liquid Soap $15.75 32oz ill probably end up keeping this whole thing since its a 6 month supply in itself and like i said before i want as little reason to go to town as possible.

Outdoor Research Sunshower Sombrero Hat $40 4.0z forgot i took out the hat earlier. ill probably take a bandana as well for water filtering purposes at least

djcoin
09-21-2011, 18:12
Short sleeve BIONIC trekking shirt for 440 BUCKS!!!
EXPLORER KIT FOR 450 bUCKS!!!

That's almost a GRAND, for a go - faster shirt and a magnifying glass!!!
Sorry, I'm cracking up here...

Y'oure just havin a larf' right
You havn't really bought all this stuff?!

Do you have pictures?

its 450 for 2...and unlike most people i have no bills to pay for the while so im going to treat myself to the limit while i can and im aware of the quality and function of xbionic since ive tested the clothing myself.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 18:19
sorry 440 for 2, the explorer kit will save me the hassle of battery replacement

Chubbs4U
09-21-2011, 18:26
This is a joke. I dont believe any of it until I see pictures and you in them with the gear on, " I once caught a fish that was **lbs". He has 8 posts, I believe all of them on this topic, and he obviously hasnt read any other posts hence no mention TT, ULA, ZPack or cuben. If he really wants to spend this kind of money on hiking gear I respect that but I think this is just over the top on purpose. He did say it was a wish list but I dont get some of the things he has and somethings he doesnt. He thought out the expensive things to minute detail but forgot a toothbrush.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 18:30
if you read my posts you would know i only have the boots and pack so far also things like toothbrush arnt needed since they are so obvious, this is a list of things i dont already have. if you dont believe me then thats you but never in my life have i cared what others think.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 18:39
oh sorry almost forgot i do have the beta ar pants as well right now a friend donated it to me.

Fredt4
09-21-2011, 19:08
Boots? Who wears boots on trail anymore, go with trail runners.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 19:13
my boots are only a few ounces heavier then trail runner and they are top of the world in quality..pretty much the epitome of perfection and best of all they wont wear out for decades of hard use.

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 19:24
sorry 440 for 2, the explorer kit will save me the hassle of battery replacementLol no it won't. It's called the green tunnel for a reason. A lot of the time it will rain mist or fog too. Solar panels need direct sunlight. If you want to lie to yourself about the ability of your equipment it will not affect me any, I just hope if you waste the money on this stuff you at least take a seven to ten day shake down hike before your thru.

Moose2001
09-21-2011, 19:25
USPS will make a fortune when you start shipping a bunch of this stuff home!

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 19:29
Footwear is highly personal. If the boots work for you, keep them.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 19:31
judging from online reviews, testimonies, and youtube videos that solar panel will work in direct or dim light. theres also the fact that i wont be needing to charge my gear everyday and the panel puts power into a battery pack which will charge my gear whether theres sun or not. ill put up with the meaningless bashing but at least try to understand what my gear is before you bash.

Fog Horn
09-21-2011, 19:36
I'm not bashing. You asked for opinions. Let me be even more specific, you came on a forum with millions of miles of thru hiking and hiking experience on almost every trail in the country. People with experience and knowledge and tried and true gear. People who know that at the start of the trail a pound is just a pound but a few days up the road a pound is make it or break it. I've learned so much from this forum and it's been invaluable, but I was also open to other peoples perspectives. Hyoh. If this gear list is what you want then take it. No one on this site will stop you or care. It's your hike. I'm not bashing, and you're not open to the opinions you asked for.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 19:40
not quite true, i have used the opinions from this post to better my list and understanding however the attitudes i can do without.

Blissful
09-21-2011, 20:35
with all the money you've spent on gear, any possibility youve got a few bucks left over to donate to Whiteblaze?the ATC? and ALDHA?, maybe AMC, too?

Hey he's helping our economy and keeping businesses in business. :)

AMC???

he he

Blissful
09-21-2011, 20:36
If you are interested in cutting down your pack weight, we can help. If you want to keep what you have, go for it. You're young and that's good.

Blissful
09-21-2011, 20:40
I figure the better quality gear the better time I'll have

Gear does not a hike make. Mental attitude is what counts. You can have the best gear and still quit at Neel Gap. Just a fact.

djcoin
09-21-2011, 20:50
im in excellent shape both physically and mentally and i can take a physical beating more then anyone i know and not care, as long as my body can still move its w/e. however (and i could be wrong) from what i know the average thru-hike pack weight is 15-20 lbs without food and water so i figure im not too far off ill take the functionality in sacrifice of the weight. besides i went on a half day hike the other day in my new pack with a 45lb load and it literally only felt like 20lb so yah while my pack might weigh 7lb it makes up in comfort, support , and quality to me.

Hooch
09-21-2011, 20:57
Really? Over $5k just on gear alone? You can spend less than 1/3 of that on gear and still get excellent gear that will work well for you hike. HYOH, but, as the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

. . . .never in my life have i cared what others think.If that's so, then you wouldn't have posted this ridiculously excessive gear list. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

djcoin
09-21-2011, 21:04
im trying to get my list as perfected as possible im not here to chit chat or argue in general. while im flattered that everyone is so concerned about my wallet im only interested in the gear itself and yes im aiming for the best of the best. while i am going to hike the trail with this gear i intend to use it for future trips as well and im not fond of rebuying gear due to lack of quality or function. i was sort of hoping i wasnt the only one using this level of gear by apparently not.

mikeford
09-21-2011, 21:29
I think your gear list is a good one and I have also purchased some expensive gear for the same reasons as you " im not fond of rebuying gear due to lack of quality or function". I think you should enjoy your time with whatever you plan on carrying and I also have a heavier pack that weighs 6.4 pounds and I really enjoy it more than the throw away light weight ones that may give you a season of use. Take care and enjoy your hike.

mattmc89
09-21-2011, 21:51
theres nothing wrong with spending a lot on gear if you have it....but that is not the gear you want for the at. try to cut about half that gear and look at a different bag. the osprey exos 58 would work

ekeverette
09-21-2011, 22:30
delusions of grandure!

njordan2
09-21-2011, 23:26
That is a nice list. I think it will work fine. It is lightweight, at around 40 pounds, so that is good.

It is good to use good gear. No one will know how much you paid for it and it will not make you a "target". Some folks talk about the A.T. as if there are thieving murderers everywhere. There are not. I have never been robbed or attempted to be robbed in 10 years of hiking and I also use good gear.

Some recommendations: Toilet paper, athletic tape, gauze pads, iodine tablets, toothpaste and a toothbrush.

JoelHikingDude
09-21-2011, 23:46
I havent hiked much, and not know much about hiking. But I been working in a lab with an electrical engineer, and we designed a Special "State of the Art" solar charger for military batteries, it took 1 yr to develop, and cost about 20,000$ dollars each ( took about 175K$ to develop).

In PERFECT conditions, that is, solar panel pointed to the sun at 25deg C, it can change the battery in 4 hrs. your cellphone in about 30 min or so. However it uses a special Processor with patented algorithmic sequence to extract this power from the solar panel, which is 4.5ft by 3ft. WHY? because solar panels donot act like power supplies, so you need to draw the right amount of current, at the right power drawn, too much or too litle and you dont get the full power. So just because the panel says "50 watt panel" doesnt mean you are going to get that. that is a theoretical maximum.

So what I'm saying is, that solar charger will likely work, only if you get perfect sun. So if you happen to pass by a open area, you will have to stop, set up the station and charge ALL your gear, maybe charge the battery within the litle box itself too. but then you would have to spend most of the day to do this. So this means that you would spend the rainy foggy days walking/hiking and the sunny days sitting by the sun, or near it.

Because of limited signal, it will boost its pinging/ access signal, so it will drain itself even if you're not using it, because it want to know every other minute what is the nearest phone tower, in case you need to call. And because its so far away, it will use as much power as it can to reach it. So you can set the phone to standby, and it wont do this, similar to "airplane mode" but then, ( i assume you have some fancy phone like Droid, or Iphone...which are heavy as hell for a hike) if you do this, then you will never get a call, so might as well turn it off...and if its going to be off, why carry it? if you carry it, it will never drain, maybe in a week, so why do you need 24/7 charging access, with over 2 weeks worth of power (50 watts is a lot for a cellphone).

And maybe you need to carry other rechargeable gear (headlamps, tent lights, flashlights, camera (or that gps/camera.good idea, which i could afford one). So here is my idea:

You will go trough many towns, almost every other day. The towns are part of the hike. they provide with lots of things to see and taste and most of the hikers you meet will stop there too. You will be tired, and in time you will want a nice bed, air conditioning, warm tasty food etc.

Why not get a battery charger, and say, 4 or 6 aa batteries. the headlight and flashlight and tent light will work for a week, so you have 2 weeks worth of power, the phone will be fine , and if you need to charge anu USB item ( cellphone, GPS, mp3 player etc) use one of these:
http:// http://amzn.com/B000O2YOFQ
(http:// http://amzn.com/B000O2YOFQ)
You can get a 4 battery charger, or use the energizer one provided. Now you can sue your AA batteries to power your items, and recharge your USB items. if you REALLY run out of power, AA lithium batteries are easy to find, and you can afford them. You can carry a pair of lithium and they dont go bad/discharge with time ( the disposable ones, because the rechargeable type self discharge in a few weeks) just in case.

When you hit a town, stop by, have a large tasty meal ( you will, ask anyone, Hiker hunger is like no other) and while you recharging you batteries, recharge you batteries. if it takes 4 hrs to re-charge everything you will have about 2 more weeks of power, you only need to stop every other week.

So my idea ( of course, HYOH) is, if you must, carry like 4 or 6 AA batteries, the USB AA powered charger, and a 4pack aa charger, you can find at walmart, energizer brand you know it good. This will save a LOT of space, and weight, and provide you with security knowing that you will have plenty of power left, and can recharge anywhere there is an outlet, and if you must, you can buy AA batteries while you re-supply or buy groceries or have a meal.

yaduck9
09-21-2011, 23:50
I just copied and pasted this from my quick list so the measurements and pricing may be slightly off in some places because I update the list alot but this is the result of hundreds of hours of research and comparing, and while I'm still deciding on a few things I want to hear your general thoughts on it all if anyone knowledgable has the time. It's an eyefull and the caliber of gear is a notch or two above the average hikers gear..it certainly is a mindblower of information and interesting stuff if you've never looked at the high and obscure end of hiking gear. I figure the better quality gear the better time I'll have but I may or may not be going overboard on some things.

Arcteryx beta ar pants $350 1 lb 1.3 oz

Fission SL Jacket $560

by Garmin $500 9.3oz

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit $450 2.2lb

San Mai III® Recon Scout $200 12.7oz

Aloksak $12 3oz

Sea to Summit Pocket Shower * $26.95 5.25oz

Space Brand All Weather Blanket $12.15 - $17.99 12oz

Ultimate Survival Technologies StrikeForce Fire Starter $14.95 - $32.42 3.7oz

Cables Unlimted ACC-FIBER6 Ultra Absorbent Microfiber Cleaning Cloths $8.89 6.7oz

$5989 +

24 lb and 12.79 oz

I looked over your list and you for got to bring a good knife; http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Survival-Thermorun-Handle-Sheath/dp/B001JA9Y6

Enjoy

JoelHikingDude
09-21-2011, 23:50
Because of limited signal, it will boost its pinging/ access signal, so it will drain itself even if you're not using it, because it want to know every other minute what is the nearest phone tower, in case you need to call. And because its so far away, it will use as much power as it can to reach it. So you can set the phone to standby, and it wont do this, similar to "airplane mode" but then, ( i assume you have some fancy phone like Droid, or Iphone...which are heavy as hell for a hike) if you do this, then you will never get a call, so might as well turn it off...and if its going to be off, why carry it? if you carry it, it will never drain, maybe in a week, so why do you need 24/7 charging access, with over 2 weeks worth of power (50 watts is a lot for a cellphone).

I was talking about your phone. Why isnt there an Edit button in this forum?

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:07
im a bit confused by your post lol..im not sure you completely understand what my solar panel actually does..wheres the phone signal thing coming from? :P its just a roll up solar panel thats connected to a battery pack and according to the company that made it and various other sources it will charge the battery in about 13 hours+ of dim light and about 6 from full sun and i can easily charge my electronic equipment multiple times on a single battery charge or just simply power them from it..i think it can power something like a gps for like 27 hours or something of the like. either way im not concerned with it especially considering my electronic equipment have long battery life to begin with.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:08
oh lol (ya i was wondering about that edit button to) i dont carry a phone so its no prob

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:14
@joehikingdude i think i understand what your saying now..you think my solar panel is going to be directly powering my stuff...nah the panel just charges the power pack and that in turn will power everything else when i attach a converter to it.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:21
@yaduck9 on that list theres a knife called a recon scout which is pretty much world famous for its ability to handle anything you put in front of it and for its relatively low weight but i updated the list to an srk which is in san mai 3. from what it looks like its still vastly superior to the knife youve shown me because its in vg-1 san mai instead of just vg-1 and seems to have a more capable edge compared to the picture on amazon but if you think im wrong go ahead and tell me why.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:32
heres the charging and power times for my sherpa 50..took me a while to find the info again
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAXsAAABwCAIAAAB w7EcrAAAgAElEQVR4nO19W1MbV/a9vpeepccxechTjEhlHvKrGnPxPPwzY4eAnUx8BSQk0UJchMEI oVaf00eC5AtMVb7W/2Gdvc5uIWEsLmKwq7pcGKTuc9mXtS9ndS7tbeGycd3EddOtJaf VtLflksglkYnrzkTORH3TMHHdxnWXRDau902jbxr4Gb9Me1umW 4s7m/i383Gj16ninri5jeu9ThWXievddiU+qdi4bro1XL1O1SXRWbrd N439nVet3dc2rp+l22lvy5ko7W3hi/yw6db46LiziWGbbs3E9fikkpxWXRL1OtXTdvnkaP20Xe51qvgM 5sKvm26t83EDf0pOq6Zbw4B5T6wGbuhMdJZuY5Auic5cE9/CIAfWr4n/10SYPsZv4jpWlcuL6fc6/uuY1Fm67ZIo7mzGJ5Vuu4JhD2wDd8CSOhN1jsud4zI3xZkI90x Oq1hqE9cxTtOtxSeV03Y5Oa1iU1wS4b/YXHxlhAAYP1QT15PTqpHddCaycd2vjIlcEvVNgz+cpdv8JO6MP 8WdzbizyRviB4oNPob7nLsmRu53n2JmIixX3Nk0clv83sb15LQ adzYxBiwL5os95aaEjZC7YRE4fdzfa0S3hgH0OtU/B7u7jf9svH/md9/IVhpZKBOduSZm59dZFAdzwV6Ybg2C0Tku44tcbQxe3xwr2TcNj IdTgKR5eejWoJJeotQvrewXPsxlgagMbINbCdnjdM7S7T8Hu3/0d87Sba9ucR0ThLphgmfp9sA24s4mlCLtbZ2l22euee6aA9sY2 Ma5a565Zt80sBpn6XbuXP7PeULgMBoqCTcvLIRsBiZ55ppn6Xa vU+22K9BVyC5mzmnTduAz+GXnuHzaLmNR4pOKS6L3b36qVX4xI md4OqWTMkFV99/tbGLDKJSQQtOtYX0xBQhBclr1utGtBYvWrdEWQCJPjtZxK0gMD NaZa8IEUBwxHuwHhj2wDSwsVQubTV3FnuGX2qrGJxUj0o/5YtlpnnDnbruCQfKJWoW8jpkIY4hPKtBqbof3B91asGJiCvHL5 LSKKxhTWIQk0gsCJflzsEutG9gGHsdZD1lYqBAFDGuOZ0GR4Hj O0m3ck37rtF0+bZepUZh45uZif7GAWEwKDB6ENdcWlkIOwcDsb NZi4gdIF56LTaHr5R30eDAjuBBvl2V5vYkxEfxBcNtKYOjDsIn cJm/IujXTrcFz00LhDt4ii9qetsvxSYXAAq6di8DF575wFrTOf/R3qL8wFJAffGBgG912pRn9dpZu/9HfgbmB6cEF64P55ohiOD3qMDQceohlwuNhzDAZ/EmvF9YFGghzCIOCpTEySrrNvmngB0wDYAQCTQOEx0H3sEzYJAy V+kkrw6fArEKS6MoowV5WTMRV9kZaRAQrRZ2Bp6Ks8MIuwkwT0 OHz+jfETdRkmiGudvDVJsKjsRoUJm9GTyqd4zJnikd7gRbfjrt B34ZAIoWMogzr79VJcKLHQTKRoP/dGv0hBK59tP7x4D1tlnbCpls7OnjHfYSBNt0aHg2jQE3A+ofJd mvEbvAWVuFErhhuDk0wypr4EXZrmCk9DY0LnRYhJJZ0YBuA4Zg mngtBwlLQENDiQJxogr1XF9el7YsRUEYLRflPJeDwcEmMOFEbz KjfXzG7Q16BCgJ/H59UYGKIGbH43FPMjoKq7R22g8gjwLEkMnH9XLDMn4PdqPbiYO/Nn4NdP/h0m6qHuZyl25hyzii/R7+KseIHTA8TsBIiUVUAamhx6F0JzrGLsLJewjqbAebhWQLPuu 0KIT3Fzpuqbi05rXbbFW4YHRHVUu/lEAzBx2DdYJg8nBEMiR/OZZupwHS5wSfI4LkrNLXaxVEBjJY8QZHYdY9oujVKvJ64FftiF a6GhLWP1gmRqAA0ixhet12BokLgtFIx8tJxVgidxLsQ8jDKIKq C1YMP39959e+f/u/D/ptUhZ8D66M5Z6LjwzUMhvpD36gnjq/A2MEMwb7T1FJjsd1W4tZuu0K3wZFDtWjZ4XLhAk+O1rvtCgYDD 4cNQgzrVKwHk0ej5uVEAmeaDOJ9rjOxNodNl+MVRK2zXhncwZs DxuDi2JCvINrlplsJ3KyKwrD+3h8r0RoSY53N4O4MbAMm78w1k 9Pqx4P3Xp7FrwPO0Af3OsF7Add4oOqajChdEp27Zo7yOmwyFcb joOkPIccQXMbh/LBVoJHSDDwMicRCMLxnxHTaLvNWkKRUUiq0KVBX7fmt1uokAla iU6VRo29njB38ieCaAHBMFCC0CC41nE4seDYTUYitYCvtHLiGR pJHQ8kImxU+m11z+mRvNE8q3v8bbykCZBM4oNeff0J6SAs9ETh +RlDcPlpnTgQLYgSD0IUwU9aMfvt48N7KMIy4AaOWCz6AcIArT 0MMD0FzxvABux93NvFXZK90lsRrpmQbIbrQFpdE3XYFaQUb1w/23lTWf95p/IZQC5ppurXjD+9P22WfYeHqSaJH+z/v3rs1WFusufbBGj5biW4wGO87Rbzprb1VkkBMByAagNO4cCO8d AkWdiol5ySmI4bQQnVytA4TTEDnVApJg2WKq5OglVlF7adhnhB J4WdcAEEQoXPXxHRysHAEn1ivzYV8seCvxbVq3Nk0uwuzhfzs8 n9gpPlsDAUWgQsBo8BoE7Kr9bb7dhZ3ZrzmwX8SAchg4YCegmm L6yZ+vfpdGJu/Hi+01krFQv5pOWIeeii7bMW3E4pzvWg1tK1kwEVVpwRgCvwuVd oqtEgd8ChJlN+Dx7hOk0EbnaqsAW9CqxrAVLcGF2SZy6BIyfCw nkTXRkEkYAda5yFnmEqKjSEbZ0qHpEE7MaCTjDVdN3YcKmS5sE kwghDNoTQfJN4qQee64eduu4LMGgE1F5DpTHrB03b5sPW2tfs6 qq5ub/3a2n19dPAOERbXFgJ2fLimI1naSthoq7KctBccEn+JHcy4askT MwloxUY4yftyDJ3jMgdPpMNHDIFfjofmgAJDZK09tBXLwiER1U LIh9LhRvInrJMAgVJxoM6ORQPYHYZRkj8mYkI1wJkop6OM5LRq uq9WH+eLjxcPk8jG9YOVmWJhZnWnGm8/eVzIzy7/DosDN6uNOk1Gqoo7BEFElVgvCI2vW3VrkE4YLKuqWlbyhcBs8D 9wFGat5G2WbC1xPgYzFB2kkkHAEgP6OhNiH7iaEBZJmYaexwqC 0x6AyW88Ap7fiPvFHbATtBoMVzFBDzoEJ1MEqd6MQZykgZ1KJX KnWSajOA4Bb6q6RoX69zSs2mPzr9hQrWy8m4+7db0pCTUHp3Kl XHxmQ+irKeLIoSD3FMZpIsgbE3mpShXRi0CWUgmKa+VfNjeWd7 f/c/zhPXMZtNpYJXpZhHKM363kiekMsM5WpeEDdFW5CCI4QlSWgZgr IWahpaArov/zQaLyYUMJI+2crM4WyWcoDxg8ISQ+Q6hBeHjmmvQrsEGYb980/hzssvyk4y+qP3+P+/jMqQgqMazp1nJcFz/ujbliIb+0nklSuCRKduZnC/nZ7x4BVswu/we6fbg6Q6zx+PlvvU7VJctPC/ni45lSIV8sPFrdrbV+wWdmSo/zxUKpHNc7b2eLhfzSxtbgYKlUyJfmS7P+tr9jAq0V/ZW5ilgE2Mduu5KslTBODx3X54qF/OL7au99qVjIl+bnZj38Waz4W+VLK2/81u4ulPyYZ17seYk5WAkTWdrwisdCdUh1dWvxSeX4cI3QmkuHt fIKqWrGGq3QRti4jhDSiEx4+9itwSzyT9xUYgGjrJJ2dPoReLR VwSMxC5XWSdTpVJaHiMnEdeY+ApgS/YH4Mg+V8b0KUdLT4HHMr3sHLiMcMpfQNCeZHT1gqgR9OFee6X8 UdD/sv9nfeWVVWEeHx389KqfZiusmrnc+brR2XhnRc6YOqQu0MtR5I EdD6KfwLKdPw22VeQ3WVvLKxD54BJYCGQmjZIxzx1eYKKGx0JE sC3860cM8ty5OEZ4wVuJ38V+akqHkAzbuXEJj+jnaX0ppDiUJO rfD1ZliYeZlKxhUQPR4+0kJ8cvp76vfeSvgWoulwsyvrYYz0eZ CvliYW2uX486/lwr5YmFuEzH5zvxsIV/65ZWJny8V8sXC7Hpn0657u9ZvLZUK+eJ383sn/3nxOF8szG32ttL9xVIhX1p9K1+ZK6valg+X1ueKhfzCW5+SQJj 2tNxIN+aKhXxxdqkV1z/AiMw/t3G9PO+H5FqLpUK+tPLaxvXNxXyxUNroVP0vV985E1Xm88XCzK 8tiY2TCFEhVwNY3Ui1hWlgpi2HIFJfqonQal25ZIiaSlkwlQJ5 fFLpfNxgxkEjDuIsRqB6d23WhXBIZkj0TdQ3DWoIf2NEfzKCIk ZBQxsm4wh5mGszql4WFkFQEgE5sRuNCEKegW0MxSyp6sMAvthp/La6PM+WFmqj6daODt7t77xCIo8ogEENV4CLY9T9rVRtjHyGSJx KTvfO+/hiiPHlf8AxZtYJjkIcLRUrRjo0InwE1x9pLNOtoXaWSOMYlwgm gzgXK+yr8lIY6ZtG5+MGsbwuNTipjVAMaHSYiAmJJBPCKGwrwI sGmEQ3tGJOEoJnrpmjJuMP60/yxcJshYrNJEtzHlbAxvW1f/jPeK8FJS/ki4VvXrai+ORfS4V8cWEZO/1hZaZYeLS6U+11quX5fLFQ2jj1X1laq9m9hVIhP7v8u43rmwv+ r61fZoqFRyvNqvG//L4qkQUxqhVQ48VoXW64Plcs5Eu/vEpOg1WKTyr7y49wT8SJL/a3TFzHMJ6WvRkqFuaqXE3JwzHb15faqlZmZnOYmmVswu2EBFPH dAhDg8WNR3+AjkYZdernsrENUkizokEQdclIidDorjDV/YAlHfKczEFqcxPGM5R7kuoYbUoqLV1WCj0UcStFcQahML6n7TL nqHPDNFjdtm+JxHRO2xlzA0Ft7b5GNSdVGWj+1WoTI8mpYK1Q8 XFNIDt+iyGbRqmI/jofNwCCuHRcNHyRGIG/D0IieSsWOqwMgMpPgaF4GKkgU41pPmhStflmkqW186pzXGbbCq 0ehk0gQwPBaF3Hvxw/UjO8eT9bJXTSHwf7peebo13EhPd+foRQiGAVbtnu+cyx6dbe/yNfLMxuJpFrLc4CziTAON+8bEUemMw/x3dxQ2j43vKjYmG2ahqIfZbWaun+4mwhX1p5TZRU7tZay4+KhZ nVvbrxmOv7zSRkqrzo08TABq35G+L3s8u/xycV/PKfm01it9W9emv50VDiubTyxnT9F+Wa25SwxYrMpZKUYYBDlwj hY7zgG0+7NZ0pcJKoo3mi+OqgjBnoAIaVMDH2ZgREbdThCcZJT JGqlDMDPaMSUugS6nWqKBsTFfeka7wnzeJsI3QqJ0KQFXC+dIU 4dv2JfBM06QDBSSuWhm807iw48DPci77yEICfDGqoS6nqlDFsN FeomZ+kIjCT4qTYn6qQmdGl3w6pXnlt7NZC6k0EhgM+d02jGp0 BM/Fdr6JZ08zZaYCGRzMFqfUZAsnWVkyQDQHcIw5MGwtidl3MxVPQ dDNQXcH4GTP6o7/DASfS38RSDKM8jDPH3+IWiRR96AlhWZOdeQQjJq6vP/HpmMNVj1+ciaqLPmyxsDhPnmHpPwBT7NXT3lZlPl8slDaTiAYC AdTci3cuiTYk8PHWYadqfDRU2pQaOaM/Zo6xPUzrGME4A9tw5bliIf90IxrYBqNFgJ3VPV+51BsJyUAKCZ ksQAnAHIQ8KZOUWbCgQQ3Vm4LC1CmjQjQoabmH6PtIOFHhvQI4 OtAghif6Y1onlewMozCKTsZgSSOlMxHDNy2+PmQ4qegQKVXd0h rvWGmcM6o0RhDnHYY6GUBUSBtk1dOZcdBLquebqsSNXmptbjSo JGZhpoz31MkUfobuls44lcM0RhVnuQ491eZupGk7oEKBRX5rlK WgLWNplWiIuknDzVnTHaaqzMfFTFW/cqqapCilrMOEyE7V4Cw7KkzE3oi+KpzrFlknpS7Wv510LfSlcY TQaWAbOS4uPpGc/r7yXb74eKHVrbkEyp9/Wo7M3kIJyVcT+ZyIpI0X16q9zrOnhTxU2sbPF2BxsHaSN/EZZSRlxOJIsPYu7W3pVMtsIT+7/Hty+myxkC8WSpuqV9j7dslwez+wMVcs5Bfeb8bvZwFb+qbRL3/v7Vpvq/XLTLEws7pbg+mcXf79tF0GmHrZivDJ0uq7gW3gVotrVQqZhrKs RxipOIZ4SvC5UxEyAQ7NjVMnKoIB1Q0d4pqs7tSShC5VAv8iyA 81KeUMscF03ezYdnKaxJdmJDmiURhrkTQx+DCXAkGNRj3UTO1I 02y31BA2YdhIIx7suImY8GKODBreNw02lCaqe9tJa5IGjLRxKP kz4iDu4CLzUAViVR4i4Wp3Pm50Pm4w1tbLguVCq2oiXQIEmIm0 L9F7saOSzob9ZYzd2JlJkaBQEVbDjqDJIJNPZMQk9o7LS1tPNE QzBHiLqjYXkBc/jzX0TTdShIXFwW/+HOwC5rskwqEH7SxzlBVeNn794nEIOpbW66ZbE8PxxsT1yny+W Pi+EteN+uTCk1mod3L6bEGiKtz5aPUbhCpL8/lioVTu1ohQuttPZqVEVVvKI4Dqdar7PvaZXfiHN1LUDY8vJPfs +1PFTADsIAfsMU450hbHxHVYJZalvFaoqKq08pqF9uD2peE10X 1ThouWKRwgTAg+UFpddOMinTlEJGXeV9XOh1AYI6lUGmfw385x majeqmKEkXbhVKrytCn6yEiS7WOgcbQio6ZbC4V/VlsEZAXAlU1nBAMnnxmSY6LIVIIyBlBGHe+k70VrIs00MYX2/EBS3DIrqVz2Xug4hSjSiiryWbCtEANMnA1ozN0wLeLUYUNLByM eaMjoOzmINxTiheKdABwKSSpRMNcNdieRoypOujG4zk4Vxfqqj M1yNdOLNGQaBKWSoWNCRyfUYNpCZUra9M/kCC6L8WwrweN6napkjrOHa7WmUTIEBFW5eXR6Tnp5oSf8geAWT 9mYzxcfL7TE1cOZUMI4cyOib2HdHi8c8LijrCNckBZuHrP2kiq Qj0E+xW4oduAWMjyxqqMM/TL0pRwA9dNk0yscP1PC9PPBhKnDvkaWi4LOdbPKT2qVTqRdlZq AqpbOMmgonqj2GTpYtmtyeKkcvKKnpTF1UlmjpzJSpbJxnacHs GLQAR6LI96hn8Q9me3ijhDc8TPBWqmDVLSeiTSahouNiHJGAVI KdBPwjsSSGoSm0rEF0aIgpSqKpG1NJadDRIaN6LYrGhT4XI+J+ qbh+8iUZWGTuhkSb+me5dYERMzoSQVNIX7RhUUT2qA0dna6DnC hmTDNpttTyTBi2J3jcvtoXbscniWCAcJN2HDso2xJaMIM5ayKP PUG6+wXdYPWNwB75X4TOV9OzY9PKqhGCXx4tNKsnhytJ9meBae izeS0KpUjaZnZD4f6IC5UdQ6Aukog0FOHMGgitaEJMpREGmXwt sDMMDo0KEapPYW+16keH64dHbwjrtYLmGZTOS4JW063rO/JcdIKOMnJ0WkTPvQ6VfQHQ9uPP7z/ePCeRoEPZUiI9CEjNR2ODWyDsCLMTjwzcwd4VirZB5oDnWFxql va6JS/WH9fr0VnM3GBxM7MZWJ2qaptO5WKJuigt9DDpqokJBgwQc2Y0g JGphtPpYgDI2Uu9P7gWSyrJaeqxzKJhlJpuNXh/tuouso+BrpDrhWgwZAuAClQv3SFnlmSIZ9qBLxor29kFlaJH10 OE2HUBUomO4YNE2oqdUgUw3VzKuPujztIkY5W+Mw1c0FLVbqIc I4gpS+HXLnoPdVmGiC0nIuhtjPxAQfr294UzOZ2QtApNACNLAM b1bsFd5pIZi64miTgdp3+IHCj54HOkH6FyBYK2RdOGXqkVDV6s g8llQSt6dZ4Pp44mYupbTThulH2TuPSVHIohDlMZ3COThhFDFM wcn79+HAN4Y9GW9xinEii/erJechEWt21/8SKocah4aTVo2K+XOTeLw4rOJKNNqo+QhgVjtRKRENV5FNoOKx uSsj2krBqk6iOZKc6R6wcFdYDoD3iLgzkjCHMd19xRBhFY2TUw Gi4CRh76lgWlvrfP/3f8vN/aEiS6iS3hOFBaySCyxh03U5lPJQ4V9QzTuU6IaX0LrTX9KxOnU oJ5ljllWmJsPswFqlqL0wlJ3AmxxdQWh3IqXrec6hEkOsJVQ1N nWHDqBiCVKUSrArdjTq7lKhjx0NsW1QAdpGnkmDX+qCRC81tcl rFKbshhEltodQGETQBjmGNCDJTSdcl0mnGELcvlWyeAjNKw1PF PkWfQ1Nosj1mGo5SsnvqUDKdD/UHG9P5uGGkIkPsbcQi0A1wSbloITaUSIF5KGps57hMhALsFhIW YiX7ZEqSeOftq//38eA9aw1WaT7VMuB/ze3gmqnOm6h0MrWIc9Qey6l4iqvKLfYyLdUZ/kmHBiyREAFZdVgEvgS38jkBo7ZbpDqUJpVspyrwIYILiGnocLb Engd7b06O1tkEiMkyEE6zOWwrwBbVQwg/VyxVtTOraoIaI5tubWDV8QjVAbxVXe183Oir5l4uI0yJXzThly A65gRZujI6IjPqT2jsYFI5iQg1IBU5+kmmYIb2vi+H62zWt+j9 425Roxhe4buEPMM2S7wHOtmsZGQS9uNKooRPiYXuK1VHEK3yq6 nKt1ETaFi1veMUaIwH0lZvsoUkwiVYQB5QYPjTU/RaPelP4/hdEqw2MT+dvNbhRDiD2AJPm+7IV5L4dniesuN0tPlG4iDV4Y/048H7WY29Zdb8Cp7Lw81G9eZpAMtmJSoGVIUG5aJ8Wya2pdiXs j9IZT37qhdOd40RPuj91aGZ7ogzyjpQurB9dHhGcGuq0LHNVo4 Y1PPOvKHNMhwRuVjprENeAyvPiGYIuQ8***aaEjSm06lljoQml bkeow6+BpHr1kxcPzlaJyCgQaRpoKdJhDFHgxQONZWQiorGpCH kk23Kus+DUCNHT6gZJGjyMRorj9FirQkT4DY5yaGKTCKEKVapq BFkkUocAev48eD9buM/yWm1fbTeOS47lUtOVHHX7xnTSco2GXVMNlZshMQmjCwy26bqF7 yVRjEMiBCbcLl5abk38iAmdGlNsIW0ShwMpV8DHwteKHWAIBWA TVXUmW8nHTQhI2BCcsGw1iaBDMsChIqYmj9Bo9pShsSA/vOibaU9pdWm7e6rIz9OcgpE6boeTNvBXECPzHDccZWOMeqLA31 MVx3spvSm7OUTVc/khtXHep2Q0NVAqa8qPsGkKm9Hb0or6X2bhDPUgpA6UAeDjcB5/Xneh+CROWO2QcC00UsZOe2dqs5s6EXfhAPGThWbAppWh3idCQS 7dIdcLu4C9oscgBAhTgofzhHaDcUddOmsiVD9mBxNmchQFkG7W X6RMJX4SDsuAE427DNicnKsiT14TAMxOqAAad8L56z/awXeB5wsHsapoClVNWzYCx8My/EZo3JVRDeUZq0JIfXOHLky6MzbYaj4E6tsWPbOxw06WOYdKXB8 XNBS8Y3s0CFqsAqE8sOMPow6eJmchnSsk5ouPQQFVLs1QiFtgp mFDWhFSlTQCid9JZTdWuWXw9ZbeiYKA1GYkZON/L12+xcnS1HkOLV0cSsvzjHNBkdUjVTKeYPsUezgz1WTnlFZCFo Nq8wQFs1KApFrSygagDAP36mGKcI3FiLYBcN8HKMhgi9s+tHBO 1AacfDeTEsu4sw1/+jv/NHfwZ/+HOwOlb25RH2pQ53JoQcnGTTaJv7yLN3OUQQxn4HwsCVS3UikM T/RDBViQbEcPWnNcqoVwijeLCMNHZhSoqge2VRiFfOWU8mjWJg6j U76yEZqGEI76rM/qohGq2GYJ1KmPXhdlT9Ls3GQodVIglhwSFYZAmamNRbl540qHn Fl/NkcRH9yApAjZ7KJwMdkG3ygMAPbQMSXqvOidGVGZdD1sEnQ5Q8 oZ4uATs4Z4rZMfvE+iVTretLyrysXhAYQfWbNmWfR20efwWjCq IQdMSBVCwaIfiuVXGaqoiGbDRyGkLKJ663d15QlnenXpopIXHs pWjqjeC2sIjbkcTyNCnU6yTCFpEJvJ/2KiRBfUaeMYDH6co2qiOsToVjtq7ZJjWWcdDOlik+OzpVejSoT uvtcc2Az5QUC7SFsyLCXSsdoOqfl2KppawkwSm745eAMFfhnmG pUvo3f1TttRch8tVthAeYyKToaxnOTKNOcp5UYNVWN/0b6/cOGSV6GYh2WTxlvbjNlhfUOLSh6WfVFk0o1TtUxIhpiKzFgKGE ow2dVOZ+j4ndpuGlq6QOHlogj1MaRxsuqbTLM9bYWZwuPVndww GXmZSsK2RnVSo9nDWyj16kClKXytgzoDKXfSfoJ4s6mXtqsVPW ncYRaGrkRRlsl1SSJ+YbcSpYtmHvhVBo+qq7iRCgJsSiinJ1WP 6cyRMSJRhSYpgQ5ikTai6waJPeO6COV7gQnHTHMpqUqV4JmAt6 H4L2viRBVOoaoE6KFjBIRCtpnMBj0NAZwJOT5sfC6GSn2BVGXw NxJEzbEQFt/K0i2L8XftLeV4057nJxpn8n7kwEixL1OCMl8pmB/sVSYebEvRZm9BUhn0AEVW2nh4NL35IggLRGxFarg2kL57dS0u1 LS0sGwkQQTe2pS1WZmWORit4UUubGFrOMgQqE94jpyLsQmdKHa iHCaqeQU+XttR4g5rWoe6SleV36YFoGGSUcBLC4QYxo5VehXe3 hzQT8SKFkHNsBms7tQKsys7tXj7SezhUe/fQgv6hBr+/xp9lZ70i3BtCLt+EBIvDEeHmqjDtAT8l9uChbZqtSykWDWO4b9 xcy8vps/yObF9DoTuBGww6SuNDdPhD3aSfXKxnWXLC9mpunJ6nQQBwEIuU UhWuNrAoZwnJNcrxXszF3mBOk/IDlgfSFJw2+H4czXsCcAACAASURBVK0h/ArBBYak07eUBwQx1AtvHNUrTKx0YFKYLXtchT4cWPLs8Olc4Zt fD0IaKz6p9OUEMtmOnTrf40yU027QmajfWirJKUob11u/zBQLs2vt8p+D3fikojsO4UPS/cXZwqOVprC37syXCjMv9jKwk4AirJGylIhmidBoZZj0NdLGwrL ukDMM3aWSBxnS/0Q1IvfkGLSGdYmqH9GEJVK5ZPhmVZMInfNADsKFtJ901untp7X qSyudkeovHTUDbyvaeHy41tp9zdyqdlk2m5nS/jb4T6mVeNOP3dmXVD2dlcIshsnC1qJ3Hq3F2cKjl62Q+09Oqzj gAi4BE9fT3ptfZ7+vSk8N0wcssmrAwn8JP/uqtE+3ZCRpqM9PEo7pEh5GuNL0YrDxxBsddtlRHhzbL03U2n19 fLjmkqjXnJ8rfPNifwvJFKKquLOZ9t78OpsvrbyWAPDVi8dzGy q8Stk2ofY6EUI1CjCllz6VURW3m3hwCLiZuM6zfn71NsIRZToh zoulcVpbyhuTa6kcGMSQIGCJ6mYCMzQ1i8evQqXCRLA4v30IPT h0txi8DueJ8nKMlbh58GzeMe4vzhZm1zubpksqv8Ce58xbfQKr +Hju6WzWf8b11FPkBMTU61SBjFZ/KRUL+WKhtLoyU1z42cpmbDzByc/M6R4dowWrKepNwKLDFu0JWf7US6B/INjuqTMvVsorqVTcmLkkUmN/EH2XVV4rROks6vGsgAJBTMQ6VfJMe1uHrbfltec6SrJZ2lPaHQ JsNPVrExYErrUEI2JUdca1FkugGQHi21uYLTx6sb/l0etenabHqvK22VsoFeY2BOsZJin2F0uFmV8PpNdOMG+vOT9be LSynDnRps1oX960w2lSn62iyyAm1UJs9xb8UD1Wev60MLO6V++ bhpzp8+IH9O1ntIqTdI9KWaE9TAJyca3FUmGuLMUdCl6vOY9p+ q2E1uxUPTD0gp0Ph40l3EtUIxUy3zCLTDuYrOM03ZqJX7+czZd +edXrVFnp+7AyU5xdOnbNg5UZMsPYuL65kJ97+R4ro2gtZ17s1 c/SbY8nljG8uY2O5sP0JJmaDBMd/8oDqVUa0v3v5o/UOX4dyTpVz017WzntLV0SQeBetrznbP0yU5x/HjJ8Yr8PVmZAWIHPr+7IUu56CRsILdjh6kxxdukQkGdvoYSTnJ jnP/6FtEvc+fei3KRvlv9Z+H5T1Z7TbIskTY8O1hiAWPUnolNGp4nq f2Pa1YmE4aRCT96ghNj+cP9tjBcJZPtcrfQuM9sdbIFqAGFdj7 6OcFdbDcO2I7FHJq53Pm6wMEeLRnllMMW4yQldLtuF0uwBZWpm qnJV3DKvxvIZ/p6mhzDNJZFwkvwrkZOTfs33h+1XqTCz0qzGzSePC/niP/7l1a/8PYjWnMkkrYjRekKHSD8fwJeqCnsNFDfpLeneAvSfyB27ebT6D R7qUwcLy15UdhdmC49e7AXO0L68fy7t/QyyJ2JGD9BkTZRhmnmxv+XVcmHZO+yNOc+WqRyMFUDqJCvK7aC vYnzAHcF02H6FdV7dq6e9n5cKcxseXy8/Lcz82mokp9WDlZni7NMDPKu1VCrM1axM/Mmz2J/jff60kP/nJkDK8tPFZUgX2WZbv8xg/DZ+vgQLayIbv159XCrHwRUl6o1XGlSeyanxVFoKBraRc6ovY9i SFfLg2aMz4brYvYXZQmnjNOyuD0rFp/V9j8DzJXEsJq6b7qvVxzOre3XsMXi/oJZr//DkO62VmeLiMpWKisqDcDqto31CABQCi3qKvmQgx1A7x6EwROdv JeXU61SRa0yktw19wISmqdRrMCSjABfXlFJF26HjMp30uVjSiu VdC4RaRrXAal9B3GSUQhLEMadAPCV6ojf3mxf7Amr2ZGH3FmAy slrkfZ3EUIiOwQnrr6flRq9ThfNf3fOR/+BgiRjnceFvqzsSqMpDdZBFr67VnuFYmI5KWisk/mil6SPl9Sf54vxzIwiUPQ0ALJvKXng8JTIcXHSiMfLPOl21tF6 nxYGNS3tbuMOvrQZ/8O6t+aRU+ObXg4aGwCnTW6pDmtkGXcT0UUxrqVQorUs5Um7y81 MxeeV5T67iynPFhZ8HtuHMMvXOmSjtvXn5eOZlK4LerTSFt6Q8 V5xdaqmaspMmA+/G9hZKhblyXO+b5X8W8k/LoQ5g4roEs1Vnoj/6O2eu+edgN9hlKRFq1JP2tnL0Wn4jW4ulwjcv9uUYsRjptLflz NuXGn+CRKL5BEvspVAgUmv39Wm7PJx1w56t1WTmqia1uzBbmC3 Hr1cfz6w0QwlQV5p17pm/Z4DqpP7Kw010j4QbQBA41hxSelLT0dXckA0RroZUVYX4OlpnMv kIH0WLmecpbaaiTbaTlegjlZ7jzscNJ+lSvS82azsYU2CDafvS C6Vco3uslaYxlPMGZU+ym4Jx+q0lmB5AccQsRiypRpRpb8usz3 naRvm6z7nsLSDU91h4TyeJvvn1IJyctOrKlNtUQUS7ECNbHAsl bpCxJ/9Wtub1y8cZod3sbXFqWBlYyRcytr46s2rk3bB+cdZKxcLMSlMc 7Z6E1bsL2jrD7cedTY9Edqqsn/Y6wZhq69ZTHcNWqBG84SPqVEXrZGceiuaSyKzPFR8vHppoc8Gz rwgXVVbv1uus8+DmiD+qe2/2d15Rbk33VXbFvgdhObhfcM29fD+wPoJ+2Qq9Nui0MgRxco7sT BHu5Ngi4cVXoiSvkPHzp0hHm+WlwgxQicju3GZvC4WM1T3vb5G b/O3D9tHBu/+8fNo5/tfTwjeru+F0lXfIAra50DZ+vfo4vzRfAjcFLWWqagHUvSGkY9T pB/r2k6N1Txlj/ME8oxLyVBuac/ZiWJWYYGPF8Yf379/8dNouQ/54WrKvYlfiZPYlWkUZdSavLtSJGxgRXapLhInCSMGLIRgBJhcB d2D/uAYCfdNgwpVIx9uO/S22z9k4SKF/yr5PScTbT3QeJ2iXWnMi37T3ZvVxfmnNp4pWtoW+i65F0kP+VP Hh01LhG7hoOvah6g9n2lfscxo2hmHsL5YK38DtaXOcnD6bL/wNump9FDC3mUQMGLHd8JpIVBndyCNOjkFA37x7+Tj/dCOiAfW2L4sHUd6V2Gdmpbnp5L0UqbTD0Ftw7xhxD9Qb70y3lp z+/vKxZ60DuHYmOliZKX43f+hjvedLhZnVnWeLhVLZ+5Llf3q1DUF o2GtZkHRjrvh44VACW2eitPfzkhhfwTjf14R0Pe1tnbvm2Yelu YCCveHWKdFU9YVwAOhCPku3c1YdqkJUP1t4tLItBbONOfCNexH Z3+ocl+ubKx9WfIAHmj5Azb6BYcovrdediQ5bb0+O1veXHxW/e/JBFtrsPt/kxuyF01umW/OsWu8zzbJEmxfFnRmQEHCpwhbUGNieeeW+HP522XMJRjoyKRBW 9a1BH9bf/Xuv+fuZa4aARb0omnjESFLQqZdbx8Jfy6UmtNSQBCNBLxY+1m1 X8PI2gjI+jockSMrNeIqz4xldq/I4L1sRCrdiLH5+Wsj/s+IXfHPBJ/jjpvclRoIO1rZ7narZW5hbWgG3to3BZza3mUS4G1jcuu3Kxnwe vLQ+pbojfWvKzKVD6Ta2XMkLSfrSpUYcyjRzGlIBPl2NTAc+46 3nrkegh6sznhh3LwwGEcqSpHipOR6J7C2U5p874WRA+qmWbqe9 nxcL+YX33qZj0VaaoXfJb8FuiNec9PKGNlw5KcbDHEa1LGqT6u QVAL7f7T2ogcMp7c1FgLtndIRHq98UZxePJUXgWsvVVsO1Fr2x 8N0Yz5cK+adlvI9heWnhZyMxNUaCzFclrpvu86ePF49d88w1+2 ZZArrnWDcj5B4DdYiS8AKSzNdd5VjL8KHdcB5nblMU1WqWvPm5 krxGKnCVP1489Psaej16nerez5rMfGZlu4KNASMf0UqyM18qlM rq9c9Mbejow0naP/hwvPaThzNV5pihjRbikAdRLyTRy5RkWemQQwGzNDE/ex3R+6RTg8x3JIoETzdTxYoA1Er9Mu5sdo7LaKKjIeapUe0VeP 7TdGugoRvYoJMM9Iy8NZChEA1934Q6d+fjhgtv48gvrfh4gQHC 4GDpceFvP63/fvzhPVNF9mK0Ii3FoHDFtbD8xKf5JL+TqsIq8h2s04UUuAmNfP r1sufS88q0MXYfFuS3w6aTQ2SM1M42w2BKC3MqgRqqMIl/fUioVdnQ7/p6OMRg0k2pw9PVJWAZ9h94J8d6H0/hqnfm0nQy39EXngN2xPTkBF+2Ue5vgCGsP8CUgEmKVZRWtur0s hVZQZq+J9A1zw6f8rawHRk1X5hDRTI5xYtYQp0RTz9+KaXA755 8UBE9s5lsl6VhzVE6CYESxdhAX02IgbXj8VMnvTZsS2FSw0p06 kymHNvrVNHXzzQNDMT+8iO8eC+MJ9v6LGmwLfYv9TqZNFsiJ0J jYbob2Eai+j4ZnRGfaxNGR0R0QPROuO7VIN028uYQJ2xB+BY7c XTcR7NuFTIipGIuA+iGc+FhJZ22MLr2JNZZ0EqgVtBAz6mML5M gtNS9ThUTCTBYHcuGSKB1hWlsikQi3b2cY1+4KdloS/DINXQmvB3JCgY0qoRH5EixPNOvl0232RWi7SwdCbNCIZxUtozr TyiBGNa/HVxTZOhX6CTBn+k760RbqpIAHDm+0leNNkYwNc9DGdU+Qx002a orH2qlQZEmjOvGRKQTXgGj3m7q5PyEkYAx1Tztom5WQDqLLUNS 4dShzTNBLrgDR4JHW+lU5vBSVMepukZaJ8FczUV3itKdmZdYvz eOB4X1mSPpvEzkiCDPXkK7kHyV5MuzpcLMSjNkWxhHMO2qdYlO jM6clsjImSMKHy2glf0mOQYpHZzqlDXSNMhoC7ftCQkZERAtAs vYrG4aZQUcj0Rme95Y8PbtYXIsluQpGn5y4uzoY26YS3TaLuNo Ow03sVsqiTBQFtD+MhY7PlxL5J3clPsh2aBx1xtNq2pUf3Aq3f pMrDie6lY5KX49UQTpDKiNIm+leXKKOoufp0ZRbRirclX5s5PO YxrxfvagANug6TloU6xyP31FJu2kt9AqY8TTj4gNQVGkLYvHvy eV9tH6abuM5GMsbHOckVMlLUw5ERJiJyV2GgWmTpwkbrlBqYT/1BHQpMI8gQWdyosP6wpJXx3aJKwGcTr80Fn2DVbcCy5I2tvKxZ 3Nk6P1vjQgxULFqqMYo0wg/TZ/CB5Jeh+pTokcViDKCI1nUgDmxTfDpXKcFxKjM6PByvIFj7AOQq nvpGIF026EnY+3tRJbMp1sRDp9DV5YTRNhICd/FRchVGpUzYi+kTBH4zUmQawI3EBYYI0KehN1hltvPLfGSfBis1 1IqaSN+XkKSk+dbk/1cUe1fUa6eIacKtmjmfOimw34QkwJ1ootSBoyUMHoiqkbLEURA NJIZQxEMvyvFs4AXUWNiR8pnARQPXmRMTUQFoGnZzgAblbCrnR Bc0n2hD2XQk8TrppHZGJ5BxGyOUNwjCufqPY3Tj9VoBhDNepoD pciZeVUGXoNHrn+3BGYRR+9CqmgFdpmp9uI5FYkZmI3fF+9QMa yVUWe0lecgTnopMaEPGJHk8lm0FRI2BhccHe5Olxrq04Jhfyo0 nxCUAarNCI94UAjBCCWc4qgk3Pj2QiXhOcCc8YnlePDNd8QIZN iVYvG2CrTGaCKbu1V+NkohiGsLKw7T9N4MwqaZKHI0W9xddIlb DU9oDyI5sAoJMJR6XAJIx9kaXqtMsSUS5obBkT8jIaQ7ByhxOg QjNAmOFITlsWK5yTSDDsuLVF0vH/0d3goWQMTbTu0J6PPjE/CWYQzeXESp0agGhDThQ5mDQA5EaZOaAqDDstXmPUP3lt1dXNUV vyrlb44OgYCDSbjnLwdnKDM8b3A3RrC9kRoGxIp6jG9CDm32Xe o66NqzkT6iBNPJIQ0iGoEITLCljWj3+hHsRSMkphv0t2Y3LLOx 41ep6pfKcN1zml4Sb8KjiW9lMQOmVRINkFDCNCTXl6sC8YBSBl 6jdSmGrUZiWLhoVjQ3rMSYRRKh3pblSixkq+lXeNNqJNWFMmom pHlqT+RNtojDtvIg4hfsOLHH96TWi0WTh+sEqwnn0vd7kmzMpF nXwqxRkk2S/u0zryVhgCpStMwUU104xRXgyFFhvowYxnHjEy2jstsC90dOfpo OslFr1ePbp8y49Azlm5nPIdoCJGOUy+6w+IcH67hXeMaNBFMDZ k/Gm***Wkf9KQnL1zm74EdUIVI5QgbRsV8BwejPavR9Q1p7zLS3W pUY3Gi3imA+5/JGW5thoZNqkr2MS7ryYs9uVAEocQpVpUv6Mm4thw/QZCONKkaep2t5PKH91e+6CTPy1kjqKRC+bPjGNxf/42/Xv9zF5Rh6sO4vQvSPPVh3N4FzZ/6MG7vouvqm0bOSub8YW/qA77gMKY+jNu7gAWmPoxbnKCJ0t7W1IdxexcLCCau54jfzIOW2 gd8AatPfRi3dyG5MPVh3N4FVZz6MG7vcibqCUtfLhRZL59z//nfC9+u96c/+q/X0IW9vPUHTU8ApgAB7nayyLY84Am6JEKf6sA2co79/kFq3z3Tbcc/PD+/8yGOWiDd+vnjof/TzvoP2XF+eRdqrte+j1rJn96N2YLpCAAS3te4w7tnY0Z+vvZtc eSf7nayaEqY4Ivna9+OUor403pxtxM03Vr7aB3Z/RxK68qN7Kz/kP/72o4a+o+Hdz7EEQs0auEOfwrqoX/+oi40oV3vJnrTd9Z/GLWS0xMAFDcm+i595xiz8sO3oyd1t5NFLXKiXQuDPF/7lsbl03pxtxPsC3l7r1PNsdXaZx/7z/+eMZbZIa79SJv67CD8VdlamUbm8z8eDn89PCJrp8eswmiLk/Vd40b+0K8bwDhDSzdyJccJwNBG/zcLSG8CeKLefL3ZXZSrd88oluMszl1NFqXu60pC2LUr6MXdTpD dfGlvK8eeOnEj756NxNV4MH9/8COthjauYXpDn8/+9/Cn0aM/X/u2ONbeXUCPQ+LypWaazPWzAMNCOSoMGScAQ7/PfFcA8jUn2K1dq/w/SjAOf8o/OxgvM3c72RvJ4wSduope3O0EQ6NzEuXYgKfmnMnjZIzfiGkMSa cgvcunfRmS+sSssiv7KT35Ai74jOvd5N2zggqlx8roqA0d/vC7Z1n8e/0LPdmT3+HCdM7XvvWTvRzj3NVk0V056deZstGe+Cr+4+4m6NSp kRy7VEe7kYMfiyOHkrE4w2xjI7zHZf9VWa7hBNg4ARqVWvpiMc 41IUBYvUt34aoyCpnx91EJwckvNJpfb2rZkWcg+XUszs1M9tOV 4qtcGZxyFYxzdxPsmwbfY5HjEbIxbmRn/YfLLcgYZHH5tENQ9vm5mM+KV7+A62bkVV8HP34613iJjI77yqQ X+sUmv8OIkY/ykdObLE4DXHvjqA5XzuPc1QStOvmUQwIZPcj+vlrarmA4M3mc/8Z/9d8dfiKqUtWQ7MfG5HF0AJmppHytVf11XUx+4bp+oBGE4WbiXL SM3fyM7s1k0Z7y+V/UT8/ozmfXqm55gikZtUyUIx2E+MkxMc6lmGVEvelyxzJs1AS2/fTjSJxy+NOY737tx0Eh4GYw+aVR7ZW9ot6sG0no4CziRN8d1Vl 2yaSmNFkc/Z/gixm9uE4/zi1PENQcyWn1zDVzPKl8u32rX2qS5Q4uHJOb+jBucYJJ9LAPOq IZd+rDuL0LmTiAm5wzgRPgFp/61eLc2gXWi6kP4/Yue9vCOe3rwZ/FBZ/O4f7bw/23ucBF8qA39QFfCIqnPozbu8ApM/Vh3N714JkbUArf33nV61RzmhiNdJnIJWvuL/LxkOVMc0cm6oXKpGjzpGpC6qOJrNCDiGQS2df1/UmVRpYspA816RyG1zkufzx4b4S/3QibEamnrDCW65cuDBE+9U1DsymT/NTJSwVIFufUK89Jv8jXeFrFUGkUASi/pem12Oqt72mFOo+ETy68t8gPjDxkPPePf/muGFJbse2KNGBGWL5TRcdJhjNSTJLjzjO64u2gwvro2VrlwuKQ Po6UaSQM487iPI1VBL2kUuSOc5HJpEeONM6U5JiaIVA3tuI+fJ GOVWSGlB+jRFGTT5Iq1xNiKV5UEPHh6xg5FmSIRh43xJBIw0i+ NFKI4bWLZF8jcV8qjJp9eW0ON47EV2SM5nMdqa+7NRKJQT5JHs gFdCY6S7f/HOyCFI0CALUlUyppG0nFh/3lCzbI10WWaE3lpVkf45PKx4P3aW8rRxJMG9dB08cPWcUAphk2 qTMcKA0WvkK6XCvkspr1LlCciakyJLg1Xvk9CaGoYuAkhnwLc+ gQy58lDbAi0CPJHu7DZ1nFC0c7xfUyQrSsFfjMNc+F8Z+saPwv ibWNyJx+VSYHA6I8khCSQZkLiOdSiFNhPuetNA0jn2XIc6RUt6 9ewhFUMcsRl+F/y5L1OcV/2pf3lHLkZKvTP6R8S596VYOmHNcUjtxESicNB2fnNE2qEKHSA/Xk1aznrqlJ8GiI+/JmHiNjTtX7XbVB5DKmiqKb65YKU61R7wUz8p4J8kZjJfnGnkRe sAfzR4cB3t7TdpmPNoqwkRIL0fJes7MJU0JK81QRadL6DC+y+q s2B1jquLMJ20HVc/JGACdU6phaIu+S5Lvu+vLeG+wU37xAldR2BxPBV3KU3YcdST7g C6o49WHc3vXghfNLYHEE23GK944zkzz1kX29JrhuPes/7QvAYerDuN0JPuhEFWMdf67Kyevypj6yr9cElx13QuWhXDdxcO xeX4jgpj6MW50g82Ihj/OJjoCv5e37ek3BQ96tMEyh4ehuJ2ju/r0GdztBJrkGtpHTWSv5xP3jAAwDGz4EPGHP5QO6kAWc4Iv/KwxyE5/kHDfB8ROfzgQnzeNcPEStCGTu0wTP5T3rzkQ5/+Kxbk26yO4lB+BoMrcMYcfncaA9oEvt3Wdd11i9aXjIiSaYPYj jJziWOm9aE7yZk5zh/O3YnZ3WBNnk0TeNHApXgUfuMuaa6XEAXmWZvtQz5fZGTnJ+1uq NE4ahTf9v9jzdpGDzGueqRk7wCr+/2wneRFN1xozetwkadk4lkbw9xvD06r3kANTLNM7iHPz4GRxoD+ i6mY7Vz1q9ccIw9PsbYpCblAY4c40TudG/v9sJoiXnuts3DshzZ6c3Qb62OLzLIYvr7isH4CdoB/RQvyBuwBvox/nc1bs618FNHB9XlLgTXBco8j7x+ylMEEHGNe4wXsL1zk5vgmhN PHPNP/o7Ofahjgau94oD8DJuAbUuXxrGSaL4pDL5HSZYvavzOd0Eg9zN HHRUqPzTv7/bCV7zDXnna9+Of+HPGHtxtxPUJx5yPJEwxo3cJw7AkdJPmxh++ WXlcdBRPuHXJ1u9q8vr5Xt3tQt9+tdeqHFA4Dog7sYmeA2TOmZ eI3Z2ahPkMYuBbeR4bMrnAvr3kANw/JzHOK4vqlaFE4aTfHfi1bs6Jr8RijwTTVg8Hk2RN5Y6b1oTvA7 J4WiAMw7QTW8H097Wx4P3LonkDXnhveP3kQNwDJnbxYBuVKT20 PtxJs0cX2P1ruwhb4RBbuLU+DiKvPHUeVOb4IQYZzR+v2RnpzP BPwe7zkTHh2umW8v5M6O3TbP20JMpU7zAqDD1Ydze9eDPVdmxO Y0Hcnm+kRBVmQjcJbf41K8W59au8Tm4B3JdM7F6/y8b1x/2qUbkcc5d89w1c2C+uJkusq/XNK6Hz3NsogdvcR72DpKvq28aOZxbJXEReec8eQ9oiro1zzkk/yUPmGceA/eP8WYMiSFSKJHBC9w//uxoEpHCzlP7kMdMMSchwURSQaOo+UgBRao0sl6xpxEcg4GBTcZ J/iFSGZEgCtRHbIwEKRFHSza55LTaOS6Dc8sq5iFyEVlF5kQCM9y/2674EcZ1rAZoukiIZYTWi2R6mnArw0YofH3IH5ODqtfxiwweEv weXVigkiLbHhaf3G6YrOYJNEIH1W1X4J/IVkVeLnx4f+dV+2gdi2yFbAycVdjZ5LRKDicSd5GJCjch6Rfkx 5NUCQVi4FcTpivSfXEKpK3rtiskciOLGG5FOiusCXgOyRvnifu EnoprCOI+EpVZ4TC0wgCHVQXhFpbitF3GumlGNDKrOeEPJPsdR ZHkftAa6gVuZWXpyF42xOZHJjyKhBPqTtKeaYo1l0SgssQwzl0 Ts0ZV+8w18ddU8TTq85n4ALWYOkWiNYxnYL9anK8W56vF+Wpx7 tLiDGwDu4Kvad3GYSsnfJqkEcROQxUp3Jxw2tvCrhvhkdXfpcR goBjfabu8vfVr+2idy51RsEStrNgaUjpyj416uSg3LFWkmX7Vs gSXmKy3FGKSaCs5Tu46KZB7nerJ0boVuU/VYZG4s8kBawuYClsljAvWlnRo+C+VDWMImgCJF6JSIwJKu0yuW JeEreGiOcU4qfWNxgVf6QujsJdRtfjYjrS3BangFsCmkzwU9iX tbUHbneItJU1nKry8VnHFYvzkbcKC8NFQG8oPV9Uq0+x9g4n4A acIrSkS+jNYlsBJSn5bRbeM/Q1GP1Frorhc+XXaAtDjgl2U08R3e50qpnP84f3x4Vpf2G+d8Ew b+TA/T9sUdzY7x2XMdyQXLX8Dclv6ZhpEZ4Kvotc3wjaNz1M36cupOF xDo2wizA2MABQNnkwjCWxEjnJ55ppTj/e+XhNcEIupD+P2LpA5TX0Yt3c9eA5AJ68GcOAAZGgz9ZF9vSa4 3EN/98iDT6y6m2mqvr8Xo8WBbeT0KyCmPrKv1wSXeejV8Zthq7jHV3 qto6r/A5cPik3kkiiHeAp5iqmP7Os1wRWfVO6aJfduu6vM9ckc7vcEp2 Bx7naCyO8gO5bTRQH5xKfeD3+Lk7xwdmPoeETo6f6CzjFcfk0c dIzhphzLKT0gpAAADjdJREFUZfmZW3ljF6oQ17nD+dq3o441Xk 7ycKcWZ1IQp7Qgc7rqPvLGIo2dY+lXoqoxrKPXvz4xyZG8ovFf/ed/H0ek9MWc1bz8Qr3g8794BW7K/46herpbeb1uHqf//O8/fHuR9uUyzsk7tzgTgTitqup09L3kjWV5K8dqpd/US7gdFNzIzHPIlI4+JJY9IDoOlVxciNEW58vio7j8gve47n1Gr +EYLkts0x2Scl4jqnr3jKS3l59mnN4EJ8Q4Q1sW/nvveGPZauCjKjaqyQ6NhAyaDezds5/e/TXOlE5AvXGJEGSiqisdZP/SrnRC4vHsNZKbchyXJTblrjgr0fgz2bwOfxrF7hRmcRl13p1NU EUYn3MNmxIZzFU51e6UddT3armmZx0F0lGPuXBE/aJEjpjYpUw6k1mcrPQoLt4viFf08gudDte6yWiyuCunOS5hV7k RUs5JMc752rcejE+Gce5qgnbCo6rvnmlevswg7xdv7Fm6fe6aa CzM6VbFEZ8WJrERcf4VB31zFufTRu166/I/ek2aBdCrN0KqxnJZXrL+oynTrs1ZOVnrho7Hb8vi3MwEJ2fkGl lXuSrGubsJ+kMLcX1gG7luOxwMGfVpYR29Bxjn8yLVL+ay1+nH GctNeSlsnGCLr+EVJjSpw9p4gVPqRizOTUzwpt9Xde94Y3nMqG 8aOX96he+u7o9hHb16HieLxA5/YkXgCghteFY6dPzMbPwXc01uccZzU14GcC5u0yWY/CY4KyGi11ql24uqbmKCZ+n2dTNx2YHdN95YgDicRMvxjJxwAo1/s4JyGmI4xpT9FRJ7thbmEBpARpefRhSzMgSRn9Vx8MVcwVt83j Wem/KTmPHKHvJGOCvthBMcP+BPdpzd+QQnequqVrRx78a5F7yxOKts +IY8HoS91qZ+vaZ0Zbs3H+CFA9lTH8btXejCnfowbu9CJg5vH8 +Bp2Js5vjrde8vF96n+jAv89BPck5aq/qfucCSgc7jHJtxHjbT6gO+bibveI+vm2k4usfXl2BSbVwHh04O HEvgWwLjDuh/yEJE9iZSCpEBzMlbr0jhQyozNMKy7j5EIgXiNRJfkVYKvG2BkU uooTSzFzmEGAxyVJ4uSHGRgR2KEyGZGw6vkgmJTEVkhOJ4PDGY Zq5yzbN0G4/W/Gaw4ppOiZxkmL6n9ZK3vntyKWFQJH2R5pTjKpGYjhSLZEsiKxg p3TSvEmmcMJjOcTnubNLNaNY03RhKxjmyannSv26tc1wGixU3Q vN44Suej0qzBcqkuALkuxrYBrishljcnGIF1KxjTsgkNSGWM4F 2i+uJz5AHj5KMVfX0gLL7aBhBghMf6LYrp+1y+2h9YBvnrkk5J DEbCMnik4pmpOTeefHu1kxcB7Mad4Gr5Ex02i6DvBGLA4HXBHr Me5CTTLP8ac5A/BLzAh0XpcsoxcTqkRTNCSehln+MB6iE9BKBL00xMfJWtBJYGU0 451niUKsiz6YmyiGvnZ8k/2qCxYGmeaLDbo07ytFQrIP9Ego1J2R3XDVI5Gm7fHTwjotLRlT NhRpEliOUH6CxkBXNw0aGN/wVexyfVKj2F+nOtOjobaCokdKQFGeaNZH8Q7BxUCcSCZIS1KqJ aO2l0OO7NDqkksNG0tgN3Ye38ubmpIIn4s6wXF7ikwgGERbECR kolgKP80Ij9KDgoOMeUU+odbR6cWfz+MN7/Il6YuM6eUJJGYcxUEUpId6Sdmukv9TCQLGhtmDkWHwjcg8poob EJ5Vuu2KFAZYDC5SdJqOHtNra+lOijPDw0qZA4TG2gW3gl1Z5F 16QWJpX+mN4cWcC9yYWlgML3HqKJBPfJSEn6C6h2qS7pP6S95L +yQn/rOEuf9zwBJXiPzytn2v6Pe3WgFwC8Wi6jbtpGkB+ER/LQfEePDJ/wNeDZxp58EnGbMf/A7zoF/umkbPieR72nB/wBYcz9WHc3vXgFRJQZerDuN0JStiVI7h92PW5B3wB8099GLc6w YdtcRAwTn0Yt3chnEcEl2Py4mED1wd8fQkUeXctnHc7wSl3w93 +ZPUrp3JgAwxR1cizYdO+xrDVXTLaL6gj2Yw9E3eVK3TfsqN07 Gpnlv1OLc6kExxDkfdJIb/bCX5WVPWp3bl4FmH6fIB9ed+US6KcLsRefPz52rf3wOhkeKEyp 9j7XxkCr6GQo0+NX4Eb8I4VcsLX44ylyBsnNtOaYPoZPMeX7M5 oYsP7wAfIBggT13Ohahs4AEcfPM0aV30GZxSZGGd48SuZW428z ycP9Shqri+eIXDig46ereryj11y8vgOOQAnMalDI/+02ExtgujVmmT3L+7OiBNk0+cD5Nv4ztLtHNoNkEm+OOJxACFg HwziIpnYRTCiz3Nmfj+SfGzsFXi5hpbgS2UIDPj08653zwrf/v2HEf4gc43kBhy36cObeGMcgJOkOS4hphopNtObYDoxs/qVOGSmzwfIBqK+aeTYaDQyjzPWB36aHOuicR31e0ZMn7YLDEdH T/WLZQicsLPhKuHz6LDrc7gOboJBDt0bn//FMRR52Y9lHNiUJoiuwol28MLTx8coMuAp8AHy5ICPqtgJmn380 Esd4tFEFlccbsbijOJJujoSGcfq8mkj+DCvG2bJzXxgjIRdnc/pJhjkjg7e/TnYneS7VymDXJOw6iYmiPeITzC1z3AGI/97V5NlQdzG9Rx6zENyTj8mM6sxAeF1Mc6lazH6uuQOXyJD4IRB x/AyZv87lhtw1GZdIqOT7O/whZax6y7UZSzxU6bIQ0r18+Zy1WHcCz5ARFU4RJJz6kzmiHtlg rpRIHy8EdU5IP2KsuHyR//d4SeiKk1EpvH/V4bA+K//xig1TvBFHVBkNmU8N+DFXc7896K43whFnmtetwMwM7CxYjOtCX 4eAdDlu3NBj+4DHyBL4xbvq+Ix6LEjxgw1pvrpxyuEMCGACp//b/zXyLLXpVYzW/MK9/nKEPgXLM6kPfJhAUcUWccnla/sFW+KIm/CBrkxFHnjxWY6E/ycYxyX7M44YsPp8wHqM+45MuVco4vsanv/0DV/***ndHP8T143wHN8vy+cdJ/6MG7vwtlxVKhyVkheJuwIuORSmOgetBE+2AuQderDuL3LTEwD/D9yPXjKMdKMDGwjR76S28U4X69bux783oGcZerDuL0LbDVTH8b tXZ5AJ912JsqBAIl0XiRVI2ke6SwCtZeJSLJHfj8rZEhkMEN+A Ye42PJDzj38HjfBz3wXuuajI9UTqImssF6RlAvnbvGvUdxaCBX hPazweJGcEH2Pgb9KSnfkHiTtFhi2SObkOZPk6D2WInRRJoE2D M/SXGKgjPN8TsI+FzjZQInkmqTvI/sROf1IVxjIw4SbyrMsynqSkNDKPpL0D5m703aZ64ANgtxrnidu GTnVMlxwJuq2K7XKL3y0/jC/a4QKC7f15HtkqBLGP/0ZfFHvsmarA6ffn4PdznF5r/k7tptMg2xv5RdT9e4ASBrJybjjVu2FJ/cS4jRwbqVC24jRxieV03ZgU7SKjRDEbOBgo7SAQpAEcpozjM6f vFxnF2gecWciBQzmtF3mTDHsQAKnSAJ5ihJKQbEPjFyJl2EyBF Ig+UTKm7YJGIlmayORGMn8sCCYUeDHiTubjiyNwvWJWZEBDIuO xYpPKpQ8LBwkvtepQme0wHF61D0y6SFFT+G2o6QWNBooH/Y61dN2Gd/F3cgLx5HTMGVWx0ScDn82IsHkYaNdIyUdvgs6CDyCFoH7QTY2f qwvxJHUJW0vrOamNEo3hOwO4pjhVRMbiqGSh9Aq8kfODs8CcyA HQGnG3LGeqbApkpQvY3cU+6QWQToPkm+y8jCkeFbZCzoGbQ5wk 7izCVI+fmuIKhQrgBq5E77HgW10jsud47Le0FTYUUmmR9mAe6M V7guDJ2kbbfbR+BbHiR9ImAkXok08CHP5AW6NVcpP84dBpkKoS i9C+k2IE0U0FZZFm11nz8cqXlYz/lkhG9XS5YTHkl/3ZJVZyl2cuqB56iu2yT5JSLM8vPgX3uvcNc9d88w18SAeooKu5 Sh5WCZk6UAmqB2+RhPcAzyGWkoKDLxmOCO7sogcOhFB+GISbuu XXjSk2w7QgA72j/6Ot25yc3yLuIAqpH0XVtnK1CjWpB+FKQRNbPCuMhFIJ8WCHdsm rpNT2SpB4dLxr8G8yroFbyY6QDhGUaDuEXZ5QVHNDSw7YguoZv gi1sGKX+V36UvokCFSQ5TSzgSqU/KHwpRkDJkw+2qXjjU5bZc5WWeiZvTbh/03+BmUnU6IRImv6UKC01ZMvaAfdopVFhJPOKChKMdJ/XRCa0uDpUGBlk94oPikQhDBTSRXN26lqbuH/Lc2ah7di/+GMQ3xgYDiYC4V7bG2IwBiNBNUQK3IGiBTzj3BaJZNWK853BvW E1P4o79DAaaSUrsh3kH7Es8nTcpUPLRvGjmNNo0QA9usl6DLDS Iu0kmRcibzDIKrIOL0sd0aVZHgIjmtkgyVc6b7IrOsVfbRiBX3 7ss1PRG0a/7R3wHiwO+pTkR62A8qHm8eRLBbA2ozYkE033Da2womNckYhYw9 pcTLdPg4T+sNmncBL1RODcGMklFiV2yKVZoJN2uFd5YRGTWQgu iSCIpK8MKJe+ZakTaaEqv8uTZSdAy4Va9TPTlap//gtwBU6dixa+AthyA6ofHnZ0gqzj9RDbSq9zrVznGZoNJcoHzXg 6HoQosQ6XTblbBTQlDNRaPXpD3VisDIiJE+CaR1NET4gJtg48h hTOnC/bm2NC59xTVOXEmTx1XKGIIkgvTS8FFfiLlgcTAeJiUYVUGVIOQ E+3S6GdpjxbiMlTHkcmbUrKij/z9mZUdefJEr0AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:33
wow apparently the thread doesnt read the code to that picture lol...my bad ill print it manually "cough" "cough" wheres the edit button

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:38
heres a link to the site where i found it. http://www.livecofriendly.com/sherpa-50-adventure-kit.html just go down to the details tab.

rjhouser
09-22-2011, 00:44
Not to jinx you, but many people who start off carrying the most expensive gear they can buy don't make it past NC. And why did you post your prices? Nobody cares how much your stuff costs, that has nothing to do with giving you advice on your list. Sounds to me like you equate quality with price. Not smart. Hey I have a thermarest I'll sell you for $1,000... you could have the most expensive pad on the trail! :p

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:48
the prices are there cuz i copy pasted it from my personal reference list...it was much faster then making a new list. also the word "give up" has never existed in my vocabulary abd being that my pack weight will be around average theres nothing to suggest i will quit before any point.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 00:49
its probably a good idea to actually read the thread first before you post

Sensei
09-22-2011, 00:59
For what it's worth, I just finished my thru a few months ago, so a lot of this stuff is still fresh on my mind. I've tried not to impose "my way" of hiking on your gear list - after all, I summited with a guy who carried over 50 lbs the entire way, so it can be done. But keep in mind that there is a set of basic principles that the majority of successful thru-hikers tend to agree upon.

zamberlan sella nw gt rr boots $499 40oz Footwear is a personal thing, so do what works for you. However, be aware that the vast majority of thru-hikers that complete the trail switch to trail runners at some point.

arctery'x bora 80 pack $375 7lb I prefer a much lighter pack, but if you like the way the heavier pack carries your weight than go for it.

Hydro Photon SteriPEN Adventurer Opti $90 3.6 oz Everyone I know that used one ditched it. Most people use chemical treatments because they are light and do not break. I use bleach - 3 drops per liter.

hilleberg akto $430 3lb 8oz I don't even know what this is.

Arcteryx beta ar pants $350 1 lb 1.3 oz FYI, most hikers ditch the majority of their spare clothes before long. My only set of clothes was the one I wore while hiking, plus a pair of running shorts for doing laundry.

Fission SL Jacket $560

LEKI CARBONLITE AERGON SPEEDLOCK TREKKING POLES - Pair * $126 14.2oz These are nice, but aluminum is more shatter resistant than carbon. I own the aluminum version of these and love them. Take this into consideration: your poles will take one HELL of a beating.

by Garmin $500 9.3oz I prefer to hike with as few electronics as possible (less to break), but to each his own.

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

X-Bionic Energy Accumulator Extrawarm Shirt, Long Sleeves $265 6.6oz I would really, really, REALLY think twice about carrying so much clothing. I know you said you only want the best, but keep in mind that expensive doesn't always mean "best." There is some AWESOME gear out there that's dirt cheap and built like a tank.

X-SOCKS Trekking Evolution Sock - Gray x5 $250 10z I carried 3 pairs of socks and three liners and I never used the third pair.

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit $450 2.2lb I don't know what this is, either.

San Mai III® Recon Scout $200 12.7oz Or this.

Liberty Mountain The Tick Key $5.95 1oz Tweezers on an all-purpose tool work just as well, IMO.

Aloksak $12 3oz

Penguin Sport-Wash - 20 oz. $10 I know you're dead set on hiking with those specific clothing items, but at least be aware that anything requiring TLC above and beyond normal hiking gear is going to get very annoying from a maintenance standpoint.

Sea to Summit Pocket Shower * $26.95 5.25oz Love the funk. Embrace the funk.

Space Brand All Weather Blanket $12.15 - $17.99 12oz Not a bad thing to carry in the colder months, but these can be found for much lighter and much cheaper.

Ultimate Survival Technologies StrikeForce Fire Starter $14.95 - $32.42 3.7oz I've never heard of this, either. I use a BIC and dryer lint.

A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and central North America (Peterson Field Guide) Hiking generally doesn't leave people with much time for hunting and gathering. Except for the odd blueberry and chive!

Primus Titanium Fork, Spoon and Knife Kit $26.61 2oz One spork is all you need. Use your utility knife if you need it.

Evernew Titanium Non-Stick Pot $46 21oz There are plenty of lighter pots. Unless you are sold on this one for some particular reason, I would go with something else. GSI Outdoors makes some great stuff.

Dr. Bronners Organic Liquid Soap $15.75 32oz One ounce will last you two months if all you do is wash dishes.

Granger's XT Proofer Waterproof Spray $13 Some of this stuff would go well in a bounce box. Have you considered that option?

ZAMBERLAN NEOPRENE GAITERS $25 On the A.T. your feet will get wet no matter what, so if these are for water I'd suggest ditching them. If they're for gravel, try something like Dirty Girls instead.

$5989 +
As others have said, there is no need to spend this much $$$ on gear. I know you've said you don't care about price, that you just care about quality, but often times the most expensive stuff is actually INFERIOR gear to the cheaper stuff. Outfitters think they can make fancy, non-functional gear, jack up the price, and sell it to people who think more money equals better quality. If you are truly interested in only the best quality gear, and the best gear for this particular outing, heed the advice of the people on this board. Many of them are trail-tested and they know from experience what works and what doesn't.

24 lb and 12.79 oz

stonedflea
09-22-2011, 01:02
just a general fyi im not interested in what the other hikers think and im aware of the possibility of things getting stolen but im cautious enough to prevent that.my guess is you care exactly whatb other hikers think, which is why you hopped on over here and the first words out of your mouth were, "i have top of the line gear. see? look at the price tags!" you don't see anyone else posting price tags on their gear. money won't get you to katahdin. (a lack of money might prevent you from getting there, but simply having it won't get the job done.) like others have suggested, go back and do more research. i hope you haven't bought all of this gear yet... you have way too many clothes, and like others have said again, with your budget, you could definitely go ultralite and be more comfortable. go back to the drawing board on this one, kiddo.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 01:14
ty sensei for some information thats actually useful. while i can understand where your coming from about how money doesnt always = quality im well aware of the quality of the stuff im getting compared to the other options especially since ive personally tested a lot of them and im well aware of the fact companies try to jip you. im no fool even though most of you seem to think i am. however i will consider the stuff you said.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 01:18
next person that posts without actually reading the thread or complains about MY spending money is going on ignore........im staring at you right now stonedflea since you have done both.
otherwise im just going to end the thread..its wasting my time waiting for someone to come along with something useful to say.

Sensei
09-22-2011, 01:28
Okay, so you're confident in the quality of your gear. But some good quality items are well-suited for a long-distance hike and some aren't. Here is another thing to keep in mind. A thru-hike of the A.T. is very different from just about any other hiking experience - in other words, it's not just a "much longer" version of a week-long outing. Because of this, gear lists for thru-hikes are often quite a bit different from gear lists for shorter hikes. When I'm out for a weekend, I will carry some bulkier stuff, some fishing gear, maybe a few more electronics; but when I was on the A.T., me and just about everyone else's primary concern was to get the pack and its contents as SIMPLE and streamlined as possible. Simplicity becomes an addiction for thru-hikers, and most agree that it significantly increases your enjoyment of the trip. Light weight is not the only factor. People carry bleach because it's simpler; people ditch most of their spare clothes because it's simpler; people ditch their electronics, maps, and unneeded accessories because it's simpler.

Sensei
09-22-2011, 01:31
There's no reason to get angry, man. Just stay humble, listen to the people who have more experience than you, and if you don't like what they're saying then take their advice with a grain of salt and move on. Everyone eventually figures it all out on the trail anyway.

Chubbs4U
09-22-2011, 01:33
Your 26, you obviously havent hiked too much and you came on here acting like you know everything and are pompous as hell; maybe you have hiked a lot but at no point have you said anything about what you have used or havent. You asked for peoples advice and some have given it and others havent, and then you completely disregard what they say cause youll "have the best stuff and nothing is going to stop you". It seems a lot of people have put in a lot of miles so I would maybe take some of the stuff into consideration. The best line here is "quality im well aware of the quality of the stuff im getting compared to the other options especially since ive personally tested a lot of them and im well aware of the fact companies try to jip you. im no fool even though most of you seem to think i am. however i will consider the stuff you said." Have you tried all the cottage companies things, that seems to be the most popular around here right now? I do wish you luck on your hike and I am curious as to what you end up getting.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 01:34
sensei heres the links to the things you wernt sure of
http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/akto/akto.php
http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Beta-AR-Pant
http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?EN/Beta-AR-Jacket
http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Fission-SL-Jacket#
http://www.livecofriendly.com/sherpa-50-adventure-kit.html
http://www.coldsteel.com/sanmairesc.html
as for x-bionic gear...no matter how hard i work out the most i seem to get in them is damp and it cools you off more the harder you work and will start to insulate you if it gets too cold it conserves mass amounts of my bodies water expenditure from sweat and keeps me cool even when its blazing out and in turn saving body energy. i used an xbionic shirt and socks i borrowed from a friend for a week in the summer and i dont think i want to even consider hitting the trail without it. i think the extra hassle is worth it.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 01:43
Okay, so you're confident in the quality of your gear. But some good quality items are well-suited for a long-distance hike and some aren't. Here is another thing to keep in mind. A thru-hike of the A.T. is very different from just about any other hiking experience - in other words, it's not just a "much longer" version of a week-long outing. Because of this, gear lists for thru-hikes are often quite a bit different from gear lists for shorter hikes. When I'm out for a weekend, I will carry some bulkier stuff, some fishing gear, maybe a few more electronics; but when I was on the A.T., me and just about everyone else's primary concern was to get the pack and its contents as SIMPLE and streamlined as possible. Simplicity becomes an addiction for thru-hikers, and most agree that it significantly increases your enjoyment of the trip. Light weight is not the only factor. People carry bleach because it's simpler; people ditch most of their spare clothes because it's simpler; people ditch their electronics, maps, and unneeded accessories because it's simpler.
ya ive actually based all of my gear around the stuff that is meant for the long haul and because of my reasons for hiking, my always active lifestyle, my overabundance of energy and my personality i seriously doubt ill end up ditching things because of simplicity or ease.

Sensei
09-22-2011, 01:45
ya ive actually based all of my gear around the stuff that is meant for the long haul and because of my reasons for hiking, my always active lifestyle, my overabundance of energy and my personality i seriously doubt ill end up ditching things because of simplicity or ease.

Well, good luck to you then. I hope you make it.

stonedflea
09-22-2011, 01:51
im in excellent shape both physically and mentally and i can take a physical beating more then anyone i know and not care, as long as my body can still move its w/e. however (and i could be wrong) from what i know the average thru-hike pack weight is 15-20 lbs without food and water so i figure im not too far off ill take the functionality in sacrifice of the weight. besides i went on a half day hike the other day in my new pack with a 45lb load and it literally only felt like 20lb so yah while my pack might weigh 7lb it makes up in comfort, support , and quality to me.do we really need to remind you that a half day hike is quite different than 2,181 miles? anyone can sleep in a comfy bed one night, wake up the next morning and bounce out of their fronnt door and fly up a mountain after a bowl of wheaties. but thru hiking isn't day hiking (or half day hiking, for that matter), and i guarantee you that at the end of a 12-mile day in georgia, 45# won't feel like 45#: it will feel like 60.i had a solar charger when i started down in georgia. know what? i sent it home in hiawassee because it rained 2 out of every 3 days i was in georgia. can't use it in the rain, so it's useless pack weight. you're going to hit a town often enough anyways that you won't need a solar charger, especially if you're going to be totinh around extra batteries to begin with.you won't need the kitchen sink. i have done plenty of hand-washing in bathroom sinks in towns along the way, and i can pretty much guarantee you that you'll not actually do your laundry on the trail. i know you said your clothes work best if washed daily, but... whatevs. if anything, buy a nalgene and simply use it to wash with... put your clothes that need to be washed in it, add soap, and shake it up or let it hang from your pack all day.your walking motion will act to remove dirt, and after a few hours, you can just rinse it out a few times.what are you taking dr. bronners for? why in the world do you need 36 oz. of it? i use mine for body wash, shampoo in town, and toothpaste and i've only used ~10 oz. thus far (~1500 miles) into my hike.you keep saying that you want to limit your going into town. you do realize that you're still going to have to go into town at least once every six days, right? there's no way you'll use 32 oz. dr. bronners in 6 days, so cut the weight and pack bulk and mail the excess ahead. i don't even use soap to wash my dishes!no one wears sunscreen out here except the dayhikers. and man do they smell good when they pass you.where's your tent/hammock/shelter on this list, or are you simply gonna be a shelter rat?you will probably not ever use rain pants, and in the summer months, you probably won't even use your jacket. hiking in the rain in a rain suit is a horribly torturous activity.ditch the plant books. learn to recognize poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, blueberries, and chinese wineberries. that's pretty much all you'll need to know.also, just as a side note... other than your clothes, poles, and fire starter, it's hard to tell what any of your items are. if you want people to do you the favor of reviewing your gear, perhaps you should take some more time to make a more detailed list. we shouldn't have to google your gear to tell you what we think, especially if you're going to dismiss what we say in the long run anyhow.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 01:52
i have a general question is it true that your feet will get wet no matter what on the trail? my boots are a very high cut and mixed with gaiters and rain pants i would figure itd be tough to get water in there.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 02:06
ty stoneflea for something useful. ill update my list to be easier to review if thats what you wish

bflorac
09-22-2011, 02:32
Skip:
Suunto Core Multifunction Watch. If you really want a watch gets a LaCrosse XG-55 it only cost about $60.
Primus Titanium Fork, Spoon and Knife Kit and get Light MY Fire Spork
Sea to Summit Pocket Shower - Just stupid.
Don't need GPS but if you want a good waterproof camera I like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3
These are expensive clothes. You can go cheaper (REI). I do like my Exofficio underwear however ($$)
Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit. Too heavy and not enough sun.

There is also a lot of crap I think you may not want once you get started. Might want to take some shorter hike first.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 02:54
as requested heres an easier to review list..it obviously needs to be updated a bit after some stuff thats been said but that will take time and ill do it later
bora 80 backpack

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Packs/Bora-80

1030 SELLA GT RR N.W. boots

http://www.zamberlan.com/catalog/index.php?lang=en&pg=prod&idprod=197&idcat=21

http://www.rei.com/product/799003/steripen-adventurer-opti-water-purifier

hilleberg akto tent $430 3lb 8oz

http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/akto/akto.php

http://www.suunto.com/us/products/Outdoor_Sports_Instruments/suunto-core/Suunto-Core-All-Black

ARC'TERYX alpha sv/ beta ar $500 1lb.3oz

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?EN/Beta-AR-Jacket

http://www.amazon.com/Leki-Carbonlite-AERGON-Speedlock-Trekking/dp/B004K89A0O

http://www.rei.com/product/808964/marmot-plasma-15-sleeping-bag

by Garmin $500 9.3oz

http://www.rei.com/product/825494/garmin-gpsmap-62stc-gps

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Trail_Running/Ether-Comp-Crew-SS

Palisade Short $90

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Trekking/Palisade-Short

Gamma LT Pant $170

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Pants-Shorts/Gamma-LT-Pant

Eon SLW Boxer $55

http://www.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/Base_Layer/Eon-SLW-Boxer

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=928&category_id=30&keyword=X-Bionic+Energy+Accumulator+Extrawarm+Shirt%2C+Long+

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=104&category_id=17

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=539&category_id=15&keyword=Trekking+Evolution+Sock

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=105&category_id=22&keyword=Trekking+Boxer+Shorts

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=712&category_id=24&keyword=Energy+Accumulator+Pants

https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=605&category_id=30&keyword=Energy+Accumulator‚+Shirt+-+Long+Sleeve (https://www.shopx-bionic.com/index.php/shop-the-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=605&category_id=30&keyword=Energy+Accumulator%E2%80%9A+Shirt+-+Long+Sleeve)

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit solar panel $450 2.2lb

http://www.livecofriendly.com/sherpa-50-adventure-kit.html

San Mai III® srk knife $179 8.2oz

http://www.coldsteel.com/srk-san-mai-iii.html

http://www.rei.com/product/808896/petzl-tikka-xp-2-core-headlamp

http://www.adventuresurvivalequipment.com/opsak-odor-proof-barrier-bag-3-pack-9x10.html

Aloksak $12 3oz

http://www.loksak.com/purchase/aloksak-6.html

Ursack S29 AllWhite bear sack $65 8oz

http://www.ursack.com/product8.html

http://www.rei.com/product/814748/msr-packtowl-original-small-towel-20-x-9

http://www.rei.com/product/765651/penguin-sport-wash-20-oz

http://www.rei.com/product/758050/sea-to-summit-kitchen-sink

http://www.rei.com/product/783080/rei-multitowel-lite-x-large-towel-49-x-295

http://www.rei.com/product/657906/trangia-mini-trangia-28-t-backpacking-stove

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimted-ACC-FIBER6-Absorbent-Microfiber/dp/B0026MF17C

http://www.backcountry.com/primus-titanium-fork-spoon-and-knife-kit

http://www.rei.com/product/823575/nemo-astro-insulated-air-pad-and-pillowtop-sleeping-pad

http://www.zamberlanusa.com/catalog/index.php?lang=en&pg=prod&idprod=80&idcat=10

djcoin
09-22-2011, 02:57
Skip:
Suunto Core Multifunction Watch. If you really want a watch gets a LaCrosse XG-55 it only cost about $60.
Primus Titanium Fork, Spoon and Knife Kit and get Light MY Fire Spork
Sea to Summit Pocket Shower - Just stupid.
Don't need GPS but if you want a good waterproof camera I like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3
These are expensive clothes. You can go cheaper (REI). I do like my Exofficio underwear however ($$)
Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit. Too heavy and not enough sun.

There is also a lot of crap I think you may not want once you get started. Might want to take some shorter hike first.

well the watch caught my eye because of its storm alarm..its just a little extra something i might or might not end up getting

djcoin
09-22-2011, 03:02
also like i said before money is something i can waste all i want right now so while it may be alot to most of you i can afford to buy it and ditch it however id still like to make sure the list is as perfect as possible before i go buying it all.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 03:09
am i to assume that as long as i dont end up dropping my steripen or something that its a good use or is it really not worth taking at all.

Bucherm
09-22-2011, 06:46
also like i said before money is something i can waste all i want right now so while it may be alot to most of you i can afford to buy it and ditch it however id still like to make sure the list is as perfect as possible before i go buying it all.

Trust fund kid?

Seriously, for shirts just buy $15 Reebok synthetic workout shirts at Dicks. I can't believe that anyone would spend that kind of cash on shirts that you're going to hike a couple thousand miles in. Your parents not teach you the worth of the dollar?

hikerboy57
09-22-2011, 07:25
research is great, but nothing beats experience.the only way to test out your gear is to test it out.Most of us cant afford the items listed, so we cant give you good feedback. please spend all that money and try out your gear, let us know how it works out. this could be valuable information for future lottery winner/thru hikers!
Have you thought about food choices? foix gras doesnt keep long on the trail. very few lobsters before maine.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 07:39
my food is going to be mail drop. however if thats really the extent of help im going to get from here then thank you all for the helpful insight (those that gave it) i believe i improved my shopping list greatly and even though its kind of irrelevant in my case, reduced the price. any further insight would be appreciated if anyone has got some for me.

Hooch
09-22-2011, 08:06
bora 80 backpack
Big, heavy, expedition sized pack. But the problem is that you're not going on an expedition, you're going on a string of section hikes that will make a thru hike if you're lucky enough to make it. Not only is the pack, in and of itself, heavy, but it's huge. The natural tendency for any pack is to fill it up. Basically, huge pack equals huge weight. You predict a pack weight of around 40 pounds, but wou'll end up carrying a pack that is much, much heavier. Go with a much smaller pack that has a solid suspension and you're comfortable with. There are plenty out there from which to choose.

1030 SELLA GT RR N.W. boots
Footwear is a highly individualized choice, however a heavy leather high top boot isn't necessary on the AT.

You won't see these for long up the trail. They use a lot of batteries (weight) and aren't particularly reliable. Also, they tend to break frequently. Admittedly, I've never thru hiked, but have done my fair share of sections on the AT. I've only seen 2 of these on the trail and both people who had them either complained about them or stated they wished they never got it in the first place.

hilleberg akto tent $430 3lb 8oz
To each their own, but you can get a great tent that is significantly lighter, just as good quality and will provide you with great shelter for under 2 pounds.

No need for this at all. Get a decent Timex and you'll be fine.

ARC'TERYX alpha sv/ beta ar $500 1lb.3oz
You're going to die in that thing come the rains of summer. You may not get wet from the rain, but you'll still be drenched in sweat and wet anyway. Look at what it's made for:

"A fortress for extreme mountain conditions, designed specifically for climbing and alpinism. Our most durable waterproof shell built with GORE-TEX® Pro Shell, the award winning Alpha SV sports a helmet compatible Storm Hood™, huge bellowed chest pockets, large WaterTight® pit zips for easy ventilation, and a slew of other alpine focused features. Selected by the American Alpine Guides Association as best in class."

Hiking the AT isn't climbing and it sure as hell isn't alpinism. There are a lot better choices out there for your needs.

You definitely don't need a GPS on the AT. The trail is well marked along the overwehlming majority of its length. The most you need is a trail guide, a map and the ability to know how to read both. Technology isn't an acceptable substitute for skill and it never will be.

Ether Comp Crew SS $80

Palisade Short $90

Gamma LT Pant $170

Eon SLW Boxer $55

You've got WAY too many clothes. IMO, take it down to a long sleeve shirt, a short sleeve shirt, a pair of zip-offs, a base layer, a down jacket, a warm hat, a pair of gloves and 3 pairs of socks. Your clothes list is really a big fat case of overkill. Send a shirt and some shorts ahead for town wear in a bounce box.

Goal0 Elite Sherpa 50 Explorer Kit solar panel $450 2.2lb
Yeah, you can lose this. Recharge your electronics in town. "Well, I don't want to spend much time in town". You think that, but it won't work out that way. Anyone who thinks they need a best of the best $6k gear list for an AT thru hike will be spending plenty of time with the comforts of town.

San Mai III® srk knife $179 8.2oz
Overkill. Get a decent Swiss Army knife and you'll be just fine.

Ok, so you want to recharge instead of buy batteries. Fine and well. Don't carry this, put it in a bounce box.

Aloksak $12 3oz

Ursack S29 AllWhite bear sack $65 8oz

IMO, you don't need any of the above "saks" at all. Just hang your food properly at night and you'll be fine.

1oz is off. The weight is acutally quadruple this. PMI 3mm accessory cord is 2.25g/foot x 50 feet = 112g (about a quarter of a pound). HYOH, but my choice for bear line (http://www.antigravitygear.com/antigravitygear-treeline-40-spectra-725-line.html) weighs in at only an ounce, is virtually unbreakable and will last a lot longer.

Completely unnecessary. Hostels usually include detergent with your laundry at hostels or you can get it on the cheap in town at the laudrymat. If you've got to have this stuff (which you don't) send it in a bounce box.

Another unnecessary item, but to each their own. Personally, I say lose it.

For what? Lose it.

Lose it. You'll get a towel with your shower in town.

Ok, but heavy and not the most fuel efficient (means you'll end up carrying extra weight in fuel). Maybe look into a Fancy Feast stove from Zelph (a forum member here) or one of the Minibull Designs stoves. Lighter and more fuel efficient.

Get a Bic lighter and store a few matches and a small piece of sandpaper in a mini-ziploc type pill bag.

Lose it.

All you'll probably need is a single long handled spoon or spork. For reals, lose the rest of this, you've already for a knife.

With those big ass boots you're gonna get you don't need gaiters. But they will make you look more outdoorsy. :rolleyes:

Some things I didn't see on your list that bear consideration:

A warm hat
First Aid Kit
Cooking pot
Water carrying vessels
a couple bandanas

Hooch
09-22-2011, 08:11
Oh, and water treatment. I don't treat unless the source is questionable and then I'll bust out the AquaMira.

"I don't always reat my water, but when I do, It's AquaMira. Stay thirsty, my friends."

Chaco Taco
09-22-2011, 08:28
Lighter pack
Sleeping bag is good
Tent is fine, could go lighter
Eliminate the stuff sacks, way too many
Sleeping pad is good.
Clothing, WAAAY too much. You need a pair, maybe two of pants thermals, couple of socks, hiking shirt. Look at conversion pants, they are so much easier.
Rain Pants, Rain Jacket, pack cover, maybe a pack liner to go with it.
Dont need gaiters
Sporks
Aqua Mira- leave the filter (most of the time you wont need to treat your water)
Lost the Garmin- wear a watch.
Carry one bandana, use it to clean your pot with and wash in town
Dont need a space blanket
A mirror??? It will just break
Carry 2-3 bic lighters. I carried the same ones from GA to Maine
Lost teh Trangia- get a zelph for $10- $20.

Look at where you can ditch the little things, like stuff sacks. Go out on a hike, if you do not use, ditch it. If you carry all of this, about half of it will get sent home. Simplify simplify simplify. Isnt that really the main reason you are going to do this anyway? My opinion, you spent about $300 more than you really should have. Not saying you wasted your money, but as you will learn, you have to carry that stuff and you wint use about 40% of what you listed. Good luck

djcoin
09-22-2011, 08:48
thnx for great info ill see what i can do with it.

WhoDey
09-22-2011, 08:52
All the advice is good. I will say that the Hilleberg Atko can be a condensation machine and the AT is a very humid place. Maybe look at a tent from Tarptent or Six Moon Designs. If you must get the best clothing, I would not bother with the Arcteryx gear since it uses Gore-tex. Instead look at Westcomb, Integral Designs, or Rab since they use superior, imo, eVent

djcoin
09-22-2011, 09:02
well in terms of sweat xbionic clothes regulate sweat and body temp like a god so i wouldnt think it would be too much of a big deal also arcteryx jackets are supposed to be very breathable despite the gortex however ive never actually tried them myself so i cant say. for those of you who are unsure on exactly how xbionic functions heres a little 2 part vid that explains it pretty neatly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhLXSyaVlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LFpKVw3KU&feature=related
the stuff really works

djcoin
09-22-2011, 09:10
im not even sure its possible to get any more then damp in xbionic clothes as far as ive tested it anyway.

Monkeyboy
09-22-2011, 09:14
Too much money for a pair of boots that will fall apart.
Get a cheap Timex.
Ditch the GPS.....it's unnecessary.
Clothes are way too expensive for little if no return on price.
Ditch the solar panel, it won't work.
A headlamp that costs that much better make me a cup of coffee in the morning.
Ditch the towel and just carry a small hand towel.
Ditch the sink.
Ditch the large towel and just use the hand towel.
Ditch the clothesline and use the paracord.
Ditch the pocket shower.
Ditch the weather blanket.
Get a flint and steel and a good bic lighter.
Ditch the books.
Ditch the cleaning cloths
Get campsuds for soap.

Hooch
09-22-2011, 09:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLhLXSyaVlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LFpKVw3KU&feature=related
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65LFpKVw3KU&feature=related)Cute. I don't know, however, that I'd be willing to take what amounts to a YouTube infomercial as credible evidence of any kind.

hikerboy57
09-22-2011, 09:21
this should get you through almost any weather condition, probably costs less than the clothing you listed:http://www.spacetoys.com/prodimages/apollo11front.jpg.jpg

djcoin
09-22-2011, 09:32
lol vry funny hikerboy. also thats not an infomercial i listed its a clip from the science channel and like i already said ive tested the gear personally and you can find online buyers reviews that all state it works as well.

Hooch
09-22-2011, 09:42
lol vry funny hikerboy. also thats not an infomercial i listed its a clip from the science channel and like i already said ive tested the gear personally and you can find online buyers reviews that all state it works as well.Sorry, but that clip is clearly produced by the people who make X-Bionic. Not exactly unbiased information.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 10:00
well obviously but its still from the science channel. its irrelevant either way because i know it works just as they say.

Hoofit
09-22-2011, 10:15
http://www.spacetoys.com/prodimages/...1front.jpg.jpg (http://www.spacetoys.com/prodimages/apollo11front.jpg.jpg)

I' m guessing this is for fending off annoying know - it -all hikers...
Like me.....
Does it come in a 'go-lite' version?

By the way, MR. COIN, that storm watch could also be replaced by a pair of bionic eyeballs( to go with the shirt.)..
At the end of the day. listen to Ferel and the cute girl, take an extended hike and then rethink your pack..
Good luck
(By the way, I may be looking for work in the Spring and will carry all your crap,up to twenty-five pounds, for $200 a day)

Spokes
09-22-2011, 10:17
I think you'll be shipping stuff back at Neels Gap.

Compare your list against this tried and true one. Dump the SteriPen. Most thru's use

http://www.backpacker.com/november_08_pack_man_/articles/12659?page=4

Hooch
09-22-2011, 10:21
I think you'll be shipping stuff back at Neels Gap.
Agreed. If homeboy doesn't get off the trail at Neel's Gap, Winton will make a crapload of off money off him.

Jeepocachers
09-22-2011, 10:27
Have you considered a kindle. You could have as many wild food books on there as want along with many others. Samual Thayer writes two of the best foraging books if you want to take a look. Also, would you consider taking some sort of online journaling gizmo? I'd like to keep up with your trip.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 10:31
i will be the first to say ive only hiked at most 2 days in a row but i think the wieght issue is a little blown out of perportion. people were fine in earlier years when they didnt have lightwieght technology and 30+ years back people did it with much much more weight. my point being if next year the average thru-hike pack weight was 10lb people would probably say "OMG your pack weighs 20lb? you are GUARANTEED to quit the at before you finish or ship half your gear back". you see what im saying? im probably the least "comfort dependant" person on earth i wont whine because my pack is a few ounces heavier then it should be.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 10:38
@jeepocachers ill keep that kindle thing in mind it seems like a good idea. also im not sure if ill end up putting an online journal up. it would kind of go against my reasons for hiking i kinda want to leave the world behind as much as possible but ill think about it.

Chaco Taco
09-22-2011, 10:46
i will be the first to say ive only hiked at most 2 days in a row but i think the wieght issue is a little blown out of perportion. people were fine in earlier years when they didnt have lightwieght technology and 30+ years back people did it with much much more weight. my point being if next year the average thru-hike pack weight was 10lb people would probably say "OMG your pack weighs 20lb? you are GUARANTEED to quit the at before you finish or ship half your gear back". you see what im saying? im probably the least "comfort dependant" person on earth i wont whine because my pack is a few ounces heavier then it should be.

I mean if you dont feel like you need help then why even bother to post here? Just sayin, seems like you already have the answers to the questions you ask.

Chaco Taco
09-22-2011, 10:47
@jeepocachers ill keep that kindle thing in mind it seems like a good idea. also im not sure if ill end up putting an online journal up. it would kind of go against my reasons for hiking i kinda want to leave the world behind as much as possible but ill think about it.
And you are hiking the AT? You may find that it will be a little more difficult to leave the world behind.

Hooch
09-22-2011, 10:51
. . . .i kinda want to leave the world behind as much as possible. . . .Said the guy with the $6k gear list. Anyone else see the irony in this, or is just me? :rolleyes:

hikerboy57
09-22-2011, 10:59
Said the guy with the $6k gear list. Anyone else see the irony in this, or is just me? :rolleyes:Ive been seeing irony since the OP

Two Speed
09-22-2011, 10:59
I mean if you dont feel like you need help then why even bother to post here? Just sayin, seems like you already have the answers to the questions you ask.Complete lack of reading comprehension on your part. You're supposed to say how awesome that gear list is and that merely reading it has made you see the error of your ways.

Get with the program.
Said the guy with the $6k gear list. Anyone else see the irony in this, or is just me? :rolleyes:It's just you. ;)

Hooch
09-22-2011, 11:03
Bottom line: Gear ain't gonna get you to Katahdin. Indisputable fact, period. 'Nuff said.

djcoin
09-22-2011, 11:08
ya sorry the idiocy is starting to get stale im ending the thread on that note, i got the majority of information i wanted. thnx for all the help some of you gave me it really helped me out.

hikerboy57
09-22-2011, 11:11
you can end your part of the thread, but I think well have fun with this for a few more days.Thanks for tickling our funnybones.Please add donation to WB to your gear list.

Two Speed
09-22-2011, 11:24
ya sorry the idiocy is starting to get stale im ending the thread on that note, i got the majority of information i wanted. thnx for all the help some of you gave me it really helped me out.Well, c'mon back when you get some fresh idiocy to share. WB is open 24/7.

Chaco Taco
09-22-2011, 11:24
ya sorry the idiocy is starting to get stale im ending the thread on that note, i got the majority of information i wanted. thnx for all the help some of you gave me it really helped me out.

I see that you got some pretty good info from just about everyone that posted

Jeepocachers
09-22-2011, 11:25
Are you going to have a time limit? Seems most thru hikers have a time limit and try to hike big miles, hence the reason for light weight, but....if you don't have a time limit, then a big pack with lots of great stuff might be just fine if you want to hike for maybe 10 to 12 miles, set up camp, and then relax for the rest of the day. If I had an endless pocket book, and all the time in the world, i'd buy everything you are considering, and hike for as long and far as I felt like....and i'd add that kindle to my pack too.

kanga
09-22-2011, 11:28
i need a sugar daddy to buy me some new gear. are you single?

jlb2012
09-22-2011, 11:32
does a new truck count as gear Kanga?

4eyedbuzzard
09-22-2011, 11:55
Tell ya one thing, be careful where you leave that $6K pack full of gear. That thing will disappear quickly if unattended given the state of the economy. Of course you could probably buy it all back the next day at 1/2 the price on eBay.

Cuffs
09-22-2011, 12:16

$5989 +

24 lb and 12.79 oz

Theres your problem right there....

kanga
09-22-2011, 12:23
does a new truck count as gear Kanga?
yes! a girl's gotta get to the trailheads, doesn't she?