PDA

View Full Version : New Domain!

SGT Rock
02-23-2005, 21:10
I just got my new domain registered: www.ionstove.com

Now Ijust need to make more since I sold out :eek:

J.D.
02-23-2005, 21:52
I just got my new domain registered: www.ionstove.com (http://www.ionstove.com)

Now Ijust need to make more since I sold out :eek:
Congrats are in order, Sir!

Way to go...! Just make some more...<g>....

What's coming out of your manufacturing facility next? Chopsticks? Bowl? Wok? How about a really inexpensive silnylon or sail cloth tarp....?

SGT Rock
02-23-2005, 22:05
Actually I was thinking about a cozy, but carbon fiber chopsticks was a new idea I was just given. :p

Nightwalker
02-23-2005, 22:17
Congrats are in order, Sir!
Hey, don't call him sir! He works for a living!

:D

Nightwalker
02-23-2005, 22:18
Actually I was thinking about a cozy, but carbon fiber chopsticks was a new idea I was just given. :p
I'm working on an expanded foam cozy. I'll let you know how it works out. I haven't weighed it, but it's very light.

Frosty
02-23-2005, 22:23

Now Ijust need to make more since I sold out :eek:I'm leaving Mar 17 for March 20 Springer start. ANy chance you will have more by then?

SGT Rock
02-23-2005, 22:30
Yes. In fact I will move you to the top of the list if you would like. I am hiker friendly and I understand your dilemma.

Footslogger
02-24-2005, 00:06
Yes. In fact I will move you to the top of the list if you would like. I am hiker friendly and I understand your dilemma.==================================
Hey Rock ...just got mine in the mail today and fired it up. Hot little mamma !! Listen though ...if you can't get Frosty one made fast enough let me know. He can have mine and you can send me another one. I'm not hiking this year so his needs are more pressing.

Just let me know ...

'Slogger

Frosty
02-24-2005, 01:04
==================================
Hey Rock ...just got mine in the mail today and fired it up. Hot little mamma !! Listen though ...if you can't get Frosty one made fast enough let me know. He can have mine and you can send me another one. I'm not hiking this year so his needs are more pressing.

Just let me know ...

'SloggerHey, thank you Slogger. That is very kind of you.

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 05:56
It shouldn't be necessary. I get back to Tennessee on 3 March and I already have everything but Ti on hand to make a batch of about 5 more stoves. I ordered Ti today and I have a couple of suppliers for the new aluminum cans sending me samples for my inspection while I am down here in Mississippi. If things work out correctly, I'll have enough for a run of about 50 stoves plus enough extra parts for about 30 more for different parts and kits I'm planning to offer. The first weekend home I plan to crank out around 25 stoves. I can be mailing them off on Monday after the 3rd with 2-3 day delivery, So I think the earliest I can have them to someone's front door is 10 March.

Also, because of the do-it-yourselfers (like me) I am planning on making a kit with instructions for anyone to make one, the cost should be about $10 for a kit that includes all the materials to make your own.

Oh, for the Trangia crowd, Captain Chaos asked me to make a Ti version of a Trangia stand, something I think I can make although it wouldn't be an exact copy. If it works out, is there an interest in producing these for sale?

Jaybird
02-24-2005, 06:22
congrats on the NEW DOMAIN, ROCK!

NOW,.....get to WORK SOLDIER!

hehehehehehehe :D

p.s. "OneLeg" says youre gonna be hiking a few miles with him this summer?

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 06:28
Yep, I plan to hike the northern half of the Smokies with him this summer (at least) as long as the Army doesn't mess me up and have me doing something else. They were just looking for NCOs for a new CMAT and I seriously thought about asking to go.

dixicritter
02-24-2005, 08:30

Now I just need to make more since I sold out :eek:

Yep stoves gone but the windscreen kits are still available. :clap

kncats
02-24-2005, 09:17
Oh, for the Trangia crowd, Captain Chaos asked me to make a Ti version of a Trangia stand, something I think I can make although it wouldn't be an exact copy. If it works out, is there an interest in producing these for sale?
YES. We love our Trangia as it works better for us cooking for two. It holds a bit more fuel, is more efficient than most alcohol stoves and can be closed up so you don't have to burn off all the fuel. However - the base/potholder is heavier than we like and drilling it full of holes hasn't taken much weight off of it.

Youngblood
02-24-2005, 09:19
...Oh, for the Trangia crowd, Captain Chaos asked me to make a Ti version of a Trangia stand, something I think I can make although it wouldn't be an exact copy. If it works out, is there an interest in producing these for sale?
Sarge, you probably want to be a little more specific about the Trangia stand. I suspect you are talking about the Westwind type stand and not the Mini 28-T stand (that REI now stocks) or the Spirit Stove stand?

Trangia stove models: http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/trangia-stoves.html

Footslogger
02-24-2005, 09:41
Oh, for the Trangia crowd, Captain Chaos asked me to make a Ti version of a Trangia stand, something I think I can make although it wouldn't be an exact copy. If it works out, is there an interest in producing these for sale?=========================================
Been working on one of my own but I'd like to see your idea. Mine is not exactly like the one from Trangia either ...2 pieces instead of three and easier to assemble.

'Slogger

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 09:41
Sarge, you probably want to be a little more specific about the Trangia stand. I suspect you are talking about the Westwind type stand and not the Mini 28-T stand (that REI now stocks) or the Spirit Stove stand?

Trangia stove models: http://www.greatoutdoorsdepot.com/trangia-stoves.html

Correct, The Westwind type stand is what I'm refering to. Once I get caught up on my Ion stands, I plan to play around with a three piece Ti stand that will hold a pot at the correct distance over a Trangia stove. It won't be a copy of the Westwind stand because I find it a little over built,and it won't serve as a windscreen because I think the aluminum sheet type material like I use and MSR uses for stoves is a better solution. Perhaps a kit that has a screen and a stand to "Ionize" a Trangia.

Rain Man
02-24-2005, 11:42
...if you can't get Frosty one made fast enough let me know. He can have mine and you can send me another one.

Same here. I tried out mine yesterday in the kitchen. Worked great, but I have no urgent need for it, compared to a NOBOer about to leave.

On the stand design... consider bending a flange on the bottom of each foot, so it'd stand on wet mud and sand. As it is, I am thinking the legs would sink right into anything soft. Oh, and I get design improvement royalties!!! LOL
:sun
Rain Man

MisterSweetie
02-24-2005, 13:19
for what it's worth, this image doesn't work for me.

http://hikinghq.net/HikingHQ/images/MVC-007F.JPG

just wanted to give you a heads up.

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 18:25
for what it's worth, this image doesn't work for me.

http://hikinghq.net/HikingHQ/images/MVC-007F.JPG

just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks, the link isn't working for me either. Can you point me to the page the link came from?

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 18:54
Disregard, I found it. There were three images that had screwed up links like that. Microsloth FrontPage :p

On the stand design... consider bending a flange on the bottom of each foot, so it'd stand on wet mud and sand. As it is, I am thinking the legs would sink right into anything soft. Oh, and I get design improvement royalties!!! LOL

Actually I tried that, since Ti is a tricky metal it didn't work so well. I COULD make a sand/mud base which would be an aluminum disk that is 5" round that would be just large enough for the stove to sit on if you were going to need it for those conditions. It might add a gram or two. It would be made from a gauge of aluminum similar in thickness to the TiPod stand.

kentucky
02-24-2005, 20:07
nice looking stove very impressive :D kentucky

Nightwalker
02-24-2005, 20:31
Actually I tried that, since Ti is a tricky metal it didn't work so well. I COULD make a sand/mud base which would be an aluminum disk that is 5" round that would be just large enough for the stove to sit on if you were going to need it for those conditions. It might add a gram or two. It would be made from a gauge of aluminum similar in thickness to the TiPod stand.
Try aluminum flashing. It's extremely light. I bebeliev e it'll do exactly what you want, and you can add some lightening holes as well.

I tried to send this via PM, but you've overfilled your box...

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 20:45
Try aluminum flashing. It's extremely light. I bebeliev e it'll do exactly what you want, and you can add some lightening holes as well.

I tried to send this via PM, but you've overfilled your box...

I just did some push-ups and then emptied a lot of PMs out. BTW, it was Y'ALL that fill up my box, not me :p

The material I will use is gutter flashing, that and the Ti I use for the stands are almost the exact same gauge if you can believe it.

Frosty
02-24-2005, 21:22
it was Y'ALL that fill up my box, not me .Good point. I was one that tried to stuff yet one more message in.

Checked your website again and see that stoves are available for order for March 10 delivery. Entered order and check is almost in the mail (made out, enveloped, stamped and waiting to be mailed tomorrow).

SGT Rock
02-24-2005, 21:28
OK Then. I decided since folks were e-mailing me about that and it is sort of hard to keep up with, it would be better to do some advance order stuff. About payment, just wait until later to send it, there is absolutely NO RUSH :D

While I am thinking about it, I would like to get a list of 2005 thrus that are planning to use the Ion stove. I am HIGHLY interested in the feedback.

SGT Rock
03-05-2005, 10:49
...Also, because of the do-it-yourselfers (like me) I am planning on making a kit with instructions for anyone to make one, the cost should be about $10 for a kit that includes all the materials to make your own.

I've updated the line. First, for the Trangia enthusiast that wants to get a little lighter, I now offer the Trangia "Ionization Kit". It is a 22 gram base (0.73 ounces) with a 4"x24" windscreen that weighs 18 grams (0.6 ounces) before trimming:

http://ionstove.com/ionstove/images/ionization.jpg

http://hikinghq.net/osCommerce/cata...&products_id=34

Next, because the DIY crowd still wants to do it themselves, I have the following:

Titanium blanks for the TiPod:

http://hikinghq.net/osCommerce/cata...&products_id=31

Unfinished Stove Bodies for the Ion Stove:

http://hikinghq.net/osCommerce/cata...&products_id=37

And the Windscreen Kit to make your own windscreen:

http://hikinghq.net/osCommerce/cata...&products_id=29

If you don't want to make either the stove or the TiPod, I also have those already made for sell as well. I have re-stocked everything and deliveries for back orders should be out next week. I should have the simmer adapter and sand base ready today as well.

oldfivetango
03-05-2005, 11:44
I just got my new domain registered: www.ionstove.com (http://www.ionstove.com)

Now Ijust need to make more since I sold out :eek: Congrats Sarge,
If you have not already investigated a trademarek registration
for "SGT ROCK" i would like to suggest that you do so immediately.
I think you are on to something here with your own line of eq-definitely
need to get the trademark registered and put it on all your gear IMHO.
Oldfivetango

SGT Rock
03-05-2005, 11:55
You know, there is a possibility I could have problems with that because of the old comic book.