PDA

View Full Version : October AL Pinhoti Weeklong Trip

msfirehiker
09-23-2011, 00:09
I am looking to pair up with someone to pair-up with for a weeklong trip on the Pinhoti in Oct around the end of the month, possibly the first week or so into Nov.

My trip is just one to blow off steam from work and to recoup my senses after a lot of hard days at work,

Anyone interested let me know and well get togeather on details.

ednotmilkman
10-03-2011, 13:02
Hi misfirehiker,

You need to post this request on www.alatrails.com/forum (http://www.alatrails.com/forum) also. A lot of hikers in Alabama read alatrails and would be able to help you with car shuttle etc., even if you don't find a partner. I would have been interested in hiking the Pinhoti again with you except I have just done one 4 night backpack in GA and will be doing a weeklong service trip the end of Oct in Guadalule Mountains N.P. in Texas so that will be enough nature for me for a while ! Good Luck

atmilkman
10-03-2011, 14:08
I am looking to pair up with someone to pair-up with for a weeklong trip on the Pinhoti in Oct around the end of the month, possibly the first week or so into Nov.

My trip is just one to blow off steam from work and to recoup my senses after a lot of hard days at work,

Anyone interested let me know and well get togeather on details.

I plan on starting the Pinhoti on Oct 22 with a full zero day possibly 2 at Cheaha and then moving on from there. Will resupply and clean up there and have another resupply lined up at about the 2/3 point. I'm not going to go at a blistering pace, planning about 14-16 days. PM me if you think you might want to fit in here somewhere and I'll give you more details.