PDA

View Full Version : AT Reality Show

Thatguy
09-24-2011, 12:04
Since there are reality shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race I'm sure that a reality show based on traveling the AT would be a big hit. Contestants could go to a shelter and see who can catch the most mice during the night or start a fire in the rain. At another shelter contestants could win for eating the most freeze dried food or complaining about the weather. Any other ideas on things contestants would have to do to win the "The Amazing AT Survivor Race?"

Elder
09-24-2011, 13:42
How about competition in the "Funk-o-meter Scale" aka the "Tarlin Effect".

atmilkman
09-24-2011, 13:49
They could compete to see how many nalgene bottles of water they could haul in a cetrtain time from a difficult source for immunity and a nights stay at an AMC hut with gormet meals and a bath, massage, etc.

birchy
09-24-2011, 14:14
They could compete to see how many nalgene bottles of water they could haul in a cetrtain time from a difficult source for immunity and a nights stay at an AMC hut with gormet meals and a bath, massage, etc.

See who can survive 3 nights at a shelter with PAPA SMURF..... oh yeah, 1 week before he gets his disability check...

Odd Man Out
09-24-2011, 14:22
Who can eat the most calories at the AYCE buffet in town?

Who can wear the most cotton and not die?

Who can go the longest without getting into an argument about whether you should or should not carry a gun?

unlimited possibilities.

hikerboy57
09-24-2011, 14:45
who can go the longest distance between resuppply.
who can keep cheese fresh.
who can carry the heaviest pack. who can carry the lightest pack.
who can drink untreated water the lo0ngest before they get sick.
who gets the most mosquito bites in a 24 hr period.

daddytwosticks
09-25-2011, 16:23
Blister popping contests....and who has the worst monkey azz...:)

hikerboy57
09-25-2011, 16:28
Episode 2 will be devoted to a discussion of the rules regarding what constitutes a successful thru hike.take one step off trail and you're out.You can , however , qualify for the runner up Section hiker survival race. its much easier, and some shows last over 30 years.too many commercials, though, IMHO.

Fog Horn
09-25-2011, 17:16
A shop till you drop style resupply challenge :)

Sarcasm the elf
09-25-2011, 19:41
...Who can go the longest without getting into an argument about whether you should or should not carry a gun?

Wouldn't that be more geared towards the Whiteblaze.com reality show? :D

Pioneer Spirit
09-25-2011, 20:22
Actually while hiking this spring some of us were discussing a reality show that follows a certain number of widely varied people as they prepared, began hiking and either quit or finished or all the stuff in between.

The Flatlander
09-25-2011, 21:59
The thought of taking one of the most rewarding experiences of a lifetime and making a reality show about it makes me want to puke.

hikerboy57
09-26-2011, 10:13
The thought of taking one of the most rewarding experiences of a lifetime and making a reality show about it makes me want to puke.which contestant pukes the most after hearing hes in a reality show.

stars in her eyes
09-26-2011, 10:57
I can see it now:

drama king character walks up to a shelter to find a hiker and his dog by the fire; drama king throws a fit and storms off set.

Rain Man
09-26-2011, 10:58
I'm confused. What's real about "reality" shows?

Rain:sunMan

4eyedbuzzard
09-26-2011, 11:48
I'm confused. What's real about "reality" shows?

Rain:sunMan

They really suck.