PDA

View Full Version : Hanover Services for Thru's

Chaco Taco
10-03-2011, 10:40
the Hanover Outfitter will possibly be closing after the new year. They no longer will be accepting hiker boxes. i spoke with the owner and he is concerned about hiker boxes so spread the word.

4eyedbuzzard
10-03-2011, 11:11
I assume you mean Hanover Outdoors?

Too bad if so, another B&M outfitter bites the dust. For those that need gear replacement or whatever though there are quite a few other options in the area. Mountain Goat opened a store maybe 2 years ago in Hanover (also pretty much on the AT as it passes through town), haven't been there but I'd assume they're okay, and EMS and LLBean are at the Powerhouse Mall in West Lebanon (free local bus transport from Hanover there and back - ask the driver how to transfer). For hiker boxes, the Norwich, VT Post Office has historically been good about holding thru-hiker parcels and I believe the Norwich Inn does as well. I'd assume the Hanover PO is good too, also being pretty much right on the trail, but I don't know the people there. Don't know if Mountain Goat will accept and hold packages.

Chaco Taco
10-03-2011, 11:20
Yes Mtn Goat accepts drops. Called them back to confirm.

The AT hilton is closing for next season but is offering shuttles. Stray Kat's number will change to 603 252 8295, not 8294 anymore.

Jeff
10-03-2011, 15:02
Hey Chaco,

Never had the chance to meet Stray Kat. Does the AT Hilton see many hikers who stay overnight ?

Chaco Taco
10-03-2011, 15:50
Hey Chaco,

Never had the chance to meet Stray Kat. Does the AT Hilton see many hikers who stay overnight ?

He told me that being so far away from the trail made it not worth it trying to get the zoning issue worked out so he decided to close and go with his shuttle service. Super nice guy. I got the impression from him that the traffic was minimal.

CrumbSnatcher
10-03-2011, 19:39
is Lou's Diner still open :-)

Chaco Taco
10-03-2011, 22:24
is Lou's Diner still open :-)
Awww yea it is

CrumbSnatcher
10-03-2011, 22:40
Awww yea it isalways loved the greasy spoon diners
hot springs,erwin and so many more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaco Taco
10-03-2011, 23:06
always loved the greasy spoon diners
hot springs,erwin and so many more!!!!!!!!!!!!
soo many to choose from.
Also the coffee shops. Dirt Cowboys is one of the tops on the trail.

Jeff
10-04-2011, 07:48
Lou's is hardly a "greasy spoon" diner...love that place.

CrumbSnatcher
10-04-2011, 07:57
Lou's is hardly a "greasy spoon" diner...love that place.was always my favorite when hitting hanover. great burgers and breakfest

Chaco Taco
04-18-2013, 17:46
worth posting here as well
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/content.php?750-The-Mountain-Goat-outfitter-in-Hanover-NH-closed