PDA

View Full Version : Partner for a long section, maybe a thru- , on the BMK next season ?

ednotmilkman
10-03-2011, 13:30
hi folks,

I am an experienced, and in shape hiker who would love to do a 10 night or longer section somewhere from the Chatsworth end of the GA Pinhoti up the BMacKaye to the Smokies anytime next year. This would be something on my bucket list to hike all the good mountain trails in the south. I am mostly quiet but still not enough of a loner to want to go out solo for more than a few nights. So I'm asking to find a suitable companion or small group to go with. I can average up to 18 mile days but would be happy with 10 mile days with good company. I don't mind going with relative newbies as long as you are in shape for 10 mile days. I'd be glad to take the lead on helping you with your gear, navigation and food issues .

Edwin

azb
10-16-2011, 22:41
This sounds like a great idea! I've been thinking of doing the bmt and have no interested hiking partners. We're the same age, and similar enough fitness levels that we should be compatible on that level.I would be interested in doing the whole trail if that would interest you.I'm also planning a January hike of the Georgia loop trail, if you might be interested. So far, there's 4 of us on that trip.Az