PDA

View Full Version : Store Re-Opens

SGT Rock
10-09-2011, 11:16
A good sign for the economy and for the BMT hikers. Reliance Fly and Tackle closed down right before I published the 2011 guidebook which is a shame since they were the only store open year round in the area. Now they have re-opened for business with some slight changes to their business model.

Reliance Fly and Tackle. Directions: 0.6 miles West from the parking lot of the JMT trail head on Childers Creek Road, go up Childers Creek Road to intersection of Childress Creek Road and TN 108. 588 Childers Creek Road Reliance, TN 37369 (423)338-7771. Services: Short term resupply, restrooms, meals, campsites $25, showers (available without stay), cabins $75+ in season - out of season variable. Store Hours: Tue-Thu 11am-7pm, Fri-Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 7am-4pm. www.relianceflyshop.com (http://www.relianceflyshop.com)

Ewker
10-10-2011, 11:31
glad to see they are back open

soulrebel
10-12-2011, 09:10
I was there mid sept 2011... Hitched a ride with the lady from the Webb Store from the JMT parking lot 3/4 miles below. She dropped off some kayakers at the put in and then I hitched back to the JMT lot which is on her way back to her store...I did not go into her store (Webb) as I had taken time to jump off the railroad trestle (X marks the spot) into the hiawassee river then walked the RXR trestle to meet the BMT on the otherside.

Limited supply. Mostly just cokes, chips, BEER, maybe some jerky. Looks like the run a concessionary behind the counter in the summer, but on Sept 19, 2011, hotdogs, pizza, deli sandwiches were not being sold and all the equipment was clean and OFF. They do have some homemade brownies and "Can't Leave'm alone bars" which we totally clean'd up...

and yes they have some fly fishing equipment.