PDA

View Full Version : Nikwax Freebies!!!

grrickar
02-27-2005, 01:22
Well....almost. If you go to the Nikwax website (http://www.nikwax.net/quiz/quizwelcome.asp), they have a link to a quiz.

The quiz consists of a series of multiple choice questions, which you have to answer all of them correctly in order to win. If you do answer them correctly, you get a free sample of the product of the month.

The questions are in regards to their products, and the easiest thing to do (without having to read all through their website) is to open a second window and use that one to search their website for information to answer the questions (you still have to do some reading, but that's their point - they want you to become familiar with their product lines). You can take the quiz as many times as you want, and once you are successful, they will ship you a sample.

It took my prize several weeks to arrive (5-6 weeks actually) but I got my sample of Polar Proof today. I washed two fleece jackets in it per the instructions, and when I took the garments out of the washer they were already beading water. That should give the fleece some water repellancy.

You can only win once every three months, but the fine print states that if you refer 5 friends that ultimately play the quiz, you can win again immediately.

The free sample was enough to wash 2-3 items in.

hikerjohnd
02-27-2005, 08:04
yea - I tried that and never go my freebie - I figured it was just a joke...

saimyoji
10-16-2006, 21:28
Bump. They're still doing it.

http://www.nikwax.net/en-us/webquiz/quiz/index.php

K0OPG
10-17-2006, 08:00
I just completed the quiz. I clicked "check my answer" and missed two. I then corected the answers and then clicked submit my answers and was told "congratulation...you answered all correctly.

So, you don't have to search for the answers...just answer the question, click "check my answer", if incorrect...change it to the correct one and then click "submit my answers" and shazam...you got them all correct.

I'll let you know how long it takes to get the prize.

Krewzer
10-17-2006, 08:24
I haven't taken the quiz yet, but I won "nikwax care kit" at the Gathering this weekend. It includes a bottle of Down Wash and a bottle of Down Proof. Anyone ever used this stuff on their down?

twosticks
10-17-2006, 16:22
I haven't taken the quiz yet, but I won "nikwax care kit" at the Gathering this weekend. It includes a bottle of Down Wash and a bottle of Down Proof. Anyone ever used this stuff on their down?

Yeah, I second that. I'd like to know if it's worth it or not. Thanks.