PDA

View Full Version : Favor for anyone with a guide book please..

MedicineMan
12-11-2002, 06:29
I am planning my January hike in GA and need to find the number for Goose Creek Cabins...I think it is the closest set of cabins to Neals that allows a dog....thanks in advance....
p.s. Sgt. Rock, if it is bone cold that weekend I'll leave the dog at home

Easyhiker
12-11-2002, 07:04
Originally posted by dachonkin
I am planning my January hike in GA and need to find the number for Goose Creek Cabins...I think it is the closest set of cabins to Neals that allows a dog....thanks in advance....
p.s. Sgt. Rock, if it is bone cold that weekend I'll leave the dog at home

Phone - (706)- 745-5111
Email - [email protected]

MedicineMan
12-11-2002, 07:12
Thanks Easyhiker! That was fast...you must be up real early.

Easyhiker
12-11-2002, 07:25
Originally posted by dachonkin
Thanks Easyhiker! That was fast...you must be up real early.

Your Welcome

Yeah I keep farmer hours here in Chicago ...... or should I say trail hours.:D LOL

Israel
12-12-2002, 01:52
If you want closer and friendlier service you can also try blood mtn cabins at www.bloodmountain.com
Very nice cabins and very nice people and it is only about 200 yards off the trail (if traveling northbound, turn right on the road at Walasi-Yi and it is down 1-2 bends in the road). Goose Creek is to the left at this road crossing but is further and requires hitching a ride to get there. I don't know why folks don't go to Blood Mountain Cabins- much closer and great folks!

MedicineMan
12-12-2002, 07:39
But last time I was through there this past summer from Springer to Neals they didnt take dogs.

Lone Wolf
12-12-2002, 07:46
There is a dog kennel at Walasi-yi now. Was built last year by Heald, a hiker who has a dog.