PDA

View Full Version : options on LightHeart SoLong 6 tent

psig
10-12-2011, 17:53
I've been looking at the LightHeart SoLong 6 tent.

Its says on their website that it can have the following options...
- second door
- zipper in rear fly
- wedge
- awning
... and that the overall tent weight (26 oz) varies by options.

Anyone know what the weights are for the various options?

mountain squid
10-12-2011, 18:23
HeartFire probably knows . . . . since she's the one making 'em . . . send her a PM.

See you on the trail,
mt squid

how to hike (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?73587-how-to-hike)

HeartFire
10-12-2011, 23:45
I can't give you exact figures on the weights, but pretty much, a door zipper is almost one ounce, a fly zipper is about 1/2 ounce, a wedge is about 1.5 ounces. Also, the exact weight of the tent may be up to an ounce more now (more or less) as I've added some new reinforcements in certain areas, and I've added a ridge vent as standard. (I can put in 2 ridge vents if you want 2 - that's not on the website yet, but just ask about it).

So I guess what I'm saying here is I haven't weighed a tent in the past few weeks to see exactly where it is on the scale. The awning has a little more fabric, but less the zipper so it's probably the same weight as the regular fly.
Judy aka HeartFire - LightHeart Gear

Nick&Bruce
10-22-2011, 09:02
I'm also looking at these as an option for my 65lb dog and I. I suspect it will be big enough, but do you think the materials will hold up to the extra abuse or should I add another ground sheet?

HeartFire
10-22-2011, 11:30
I'm also looking at these as an option for my 65lb dog and I. I suspect it will be big enough, but do you think the materials will hold up to the extra abuse or should I add another ground sheet?

There are plenty of people that keep their dogs in the tent with them and do just fine, but it also depends on your dog - how well do you keep his nails clipped (and smoothed off), how does your dog behave inside a tent? dig at the floor or just curl up and lie down?

There is a guy that hiked the Colorado Trail this year with his Golden Retriever who slept inside his SoLong 6 tent with him. They did just fine.