PDA

View Full Version : Icebreaker clothing - good places to buy?

pmack
10-13-2011, 04:56
Hey guys, I'm looking for a place with a good range of icebreaker shirts, namely the superfine 150 prints.

i've heard good things about them for travel in hot climates, which is where I'll be in 5 weeks time (S.E Asia)

Here in Australia they retail for $120, whereas they're at half the price in the states.
(a little rude as the wool comes from our neighbours in NZ, and they're made above us in Asia!)

Problem is that most of the US online stores i've checked don't have much range, so i'm hoping for some more stores to check out.

Thanks!

Papa D
10-13-2011, 08:04
These guys order icebreaker stuff for me. www.sunrift.com/ - ph. (864) 834-3019

singing wind
10-13-2011, 23:36
Try the Icebreaker outlets in the Auckland area. There's one down around Manukau somewhere and here's the contact details for the one in Albany:

Icebreaker Outlet Albany

Icebreaker Ltd
7H Triton Drive
Albany Auckland 0632
New Zealand
ph + 64 (0) 9 476 3620
fax + 64 (0) 9 476 3621
email: [email protected]

Good deals and friendly staff. Good luck with your search!

Johnny Thunder
10-14-2011, 00:55
i tried ordering from a place called something like natureshopNZ only to have my card denied. moments later 3 fraudulent charges hit my card. thankfully visa caught it. just a heads-up since naturshop had some of the best prices on off-season stuff.

pmack
10-14-2011, 03:06
yeah i was actually going to use natureshop. http://www.natureshop.co.nz/Product/2122/mens-travel-wear/icebreaker/tech-t-lite-highland
strange that you got fraudulent transactions, pretty sure that site is legit!

i actually found some sale items from http://www.prolitegear.com/icebreaker-sf150-tech-t-lite-closeout.html for $36
got two of the last medium sized shirts. though they charged me about $45 delivery, ouch!

Johnny Thunder
10-14-2011, 07:57
yes. i also agree that it is strange because they do look legit. AND i had friends order from them before me with no problems. I live in south korea so it's possible something screwey went on on this end (though my friends live here, too). this was the one time i used the card inside 6 months so it really couldn't have been a coincidence.

Cloudynesz
10-16-2011, 13:03
It would be easy to find a good deal on a 150 shirt. I saw it is around $40 on Backcountry.com.

JPOVS
10-21-2011, 08:34
If you sign up for the Ice Breaker mailing list they will usually send you a 20% off coupon for your entire order. I got mine within an hour or two of signing up.

Tinker
10-21-2011, 09:11
Ordering online can be risky with a card. Supposedly Paypal is more secure. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add pertinent to purchasing Icebreaker garments. Sorry. :(

fireneck
10-24-2011, 02:57
I was in a Marshalls in the suburbs of Chicago today and they had a bunch of Icebreaker socks! All factory seconds (no performance defects, just cosmetic). You might want to check out Marshalls/TJ Maxx.

Conrad
11-06-2011, 15:01
Hi Johnny Thunder & P Mack, I work for Nature Shop in New Zealand and found your comments on the fraudulent transactions. We don't actually store any credit card details at all on our system. We send all credit card details to our transactions provider (New Zealand's largest www.paymentexpress.co.nz) via full 256 bit secure socket layer encryption which is unhackable. We have never ever had this problem before, so I am sorry you must have been hacked elsewhere.