PDA

View Full Version : From Airport or Greyhound to Hiker Hostel

Feral Nature
10-13-2011, 15:18
Can someone tell me how to get from the local airport or Greyhound bus stop in Georgia to the Hiker Hostel? I will research this myself but thought I would find out from yall too. Also, how far in advance do I need reservations at the HH? Thanks!

Feral Nature
10-13-2011, 15:22
btw I am looking at the HH website now but still not sure about a few things.

Cherbear
10-13-2011, 16:06
Hey. The Hiker hostel does run a shuttle from Atlanta (I assume the airport or greyhound station to the hostel.)
I would call them, they were really helpful when we were there last week.

I made reservations about 2 weeks in advance for 4 of us and a dog with no problems, but I think they do get busier in the spring.

Jeff
10-13-2011, 16:14
Yes...just call Josh or Leigh. They will happily answer all questions.

snowsusie
10-13-2011, 16:19
I think they pick up from the North Springs MARTA station. You can get on MARTA at the Atlanta airport.

Feral Nature
10-13-2011, 16:52
Thanks yall! I went ahead and made a reservation at the Hiker Hostel via email. I am expecting a verification email but will also call them and keep them up to date on my plans in case I need to make changes. :)

BobTheBuilder
10-13-2011, 17:13
Josh and Leigh's Hiker Hostel the first hostel I stayed in along the AT. They are great people and set the bar pretty high for the rest of the hostels you will encounter.

WingedMonkey
10-13-2011, 17:15
Thanks yall! I went ahead and made a reservation at the Hiker Hostel via email. I am expecting a verification email but will also call them and keep them up to date on my plans in case I need to make changes. :)

OK...I gotta ask...do you mean you made a reservation for your 2012 start off?

;)

Feral Nature
10-13-2011, 18:30
OK...I gotta ask...do you mean you made a reservation for your 2012 start off?

;)

Yes, because I have absolutely no idea on crowds and all. No concept of when the Hiker Hostel will be full, I just keep reading here that a lot of people start in march and thiongs may be crowded.. So what the heck, I made a reservation. They do not require a deposit and I will try to stick to my schedule and if something changes, I will keep them posted in advance and hope they will work with me. I am trying to put my plan to hike the AT in action. I have a personal issue that I am trying to put behind me so I need something to focus on. I am making lists gathering and the things I need for the hike now.

Feral Nature
10-13-2011, 18:31
thiongs = things