PDA

View Full Version : Does ULA Ever Have Sales On Packs?

Bloomer
10-16-2011, 20:30
Wanted to get a ULA pack and would wait untill a sale to purchase. Anyone every seeing this company offer sales on there products?

Lyle
10-16-2011, 20:38
I've been buying ULA packs since the P2. I've never seen a sale.

Perhaps one of the independent shops that carry them may.

Blissful
10-16-2011, 22:33
He had one last March on 2010 models. That's when I got mine. Best bet though is to buy used if you are looking for a reduced price.

skinewmexico
10-17-2011, 21:48
I got a discount for Scouts one time when Brian still owned it. Haven't seen a sale in a long, long time.

Bloomer
10-17-2011, 22:04
Well that answers my question... Thanks for responding

JaxHiker
10-20-2011, 13:31
Actually they did a sale earlier in the year for veterans. I don't recall if it was for the 4th or which holiday. I was holding out for a Veteran's Day sale next month but just had a friend pick me up a Circuit when she stopped at Neels Gap.

Bloomer
10-20-2011, 13:53
Being a Vet I hope there is another sale this year for Veteran's Day. Been looking at these packs alot and would "pull the trigger" on a new ULA. Someday I'll be wearing on of these and never look back on my Gregory pack.

thecaptain
10-20-2011, 14:02
They are bargin even when they are not on sale

peakbagger
10-20-2011, 17:28
My theory is they are at a fundamental cost disadvantage by paying folks a living wage in the US to make a quality pack compared to the big names who predominately source from Vietnam or other third world countries and mark up the price substantially to make the equipment look high end. I expect that how they compete is working on a lower margin making a superior product with great customer service so they really cant afford to have frequent "sales" like the big chains can.

Worth the full price!

skinewmexico
10-20-2011, 18:01
My theory is they are at a fundamental cost disadvantage by paying folks a living wage in the US to make a quality pack compared to the big names who predominately source from Vietnam or other third world countries and mark up the price substantially to make the equipment look high end. I expect that how they compete is working on a lower margin making a superior product with great customer service so they really cant afford to have frequent "sales" like the big chains can.

Worth the full price!

I'm comfortable with that concept.

stranger
10-21-2011, 00:46
I own a ULA and think they could do a few things much better...however I think their prices are fairly typical, US made or not, they are fair prices.

MuddyWaters
10-21-2011, 08:40
You will also receive outstanding customer service. When you rip it and want it fixed, or have a seam re-sewn, or want the hipbelt changed (on a fixed model), or even to have various modifications made to it, just send it in with a note and it will be done. Often with no charge.

stranger
10-23-2011, 01:42
They made me a pack with a custom belt with no pockets, unheard of with major manufacturers