PDA

View Full Version : MH Pinole 20F vs Kelty Cosmic Down 20F

Dawkinsjh
10-16-2011, 23:31
Title pretty much says it all... What would you recommend for a person who wont be doing anything more than a one week hike in temperatures definitely not much, if any, below 20 Degrees. It's okay if the temperature is not 100% accurate. I'm looking more towards value. Like... pack size, weight, quality, and expected lifetime. I'm extremely limited by cost so I cant afford a higher end bag. I'd love your opinions on this and any other suggestions of other bags. I understand one is synthetic and one is down. I just want to know what YOU would choose and why. Thanks all :)

Buffalo Skipper
10-17-2011, 10:07
Both appear, in my opinion, to be reasonable bags. The Pinole weighs roughly 1/2 pound more, depending on size, but costs a several dollars less. Assuming the bag quality (for sleeping) is equal, my vote would be to spend the extra $25ish and get the lighter bag. Carrying 1/2 lb less will be better on your back during the day.

My 2¢.

skinewmexico
10-17-2011, 21:44
Good review on the Cosmic on BPL.

XrayDuke
10-17-2011, 21:51
I have the Cosmic and at 30 degrees have to unzip to vent. I sleep warm but it is a great bag for the price.