PDA

View Full Version : External water bottle pocket for ULA Circuit?

JRR
10-17-2011, 16:40
Has anyone rigged up a water bottle holder for a ULA Circuit? Once I put a bottle in the standard pockets, I can't reach them without removing the pack, which is annoying. Looking for something lightweight. Oh yeah, I don't do bladders. :-)

Thanks.

Abner
10-17-2011, 17:13
What I do is shift my Circuit to one shoulder after unbuckling the waist strap. Then I swivel the pack further to that side, the shoulder side, and grab the water bottle. With some practice I can actually get the water bottle back to the same side pocket without taking the pack off. Not perfect, but so far my best solution. I am like you, so far I am not a water bladder kind of hiker.

tiptoe
10-17-2011, 17:18

My 2011 Circuit came with water bottle holders (the little yellow cords) that attach to the straps, so they're right in front of you. This is a little odd at first, but nice in that the weight of the water counterbalances to some extent the weight on your back. And you can certainly see exactly how much water you have left.

tiptoe
10-17-2011, 17:19
(I'd delete this if I could. Help pls, mods)

Sailing_Faith
10-17-2011, 17:56
(I'd delete this if I could. Help pls, mods)

A day does not pass when I do not say that at least once... :)

Ladytrekker
10-17-2011, 18:14
My circuit has loops on the front shoulders for water bottles which I use a bladder but then I like to keep a bottle of something like gatoraid or anything with electrolytes on the front so when I need a boost.

Hosaphone
10-18-2011, 00:59
I just got my circuit in the mail today! Woot! At first I was bummed because I thought the pockets would be easier to reach. However, I've discovered that the trick is to not grab the bottle like you think you should. You want to kind of slide your hand down the front of the pocket and cup the water bottle in your hand from the bottom. I find that with this method I can access the pockets very easily.

English Stu
11-02-2011, 09:47
Using the loops on the straps and a small carabiner I added an umbrella cover to accept a 500ml bottle.

JaxHiker
11-02-2011, 15:10
Hmm, what bottles do you guys use? I just got a Circuit and didn't have any problem at all grabbing my Gatorade bottle. Only surprise I had was that the pockets are open in front. I usually toss my trail mix in a small ziploc in the pocket and it almost fell out (unbeknownst to me) because there's a gaping hole in the pocket.