PDA

View Full Version : GOD!!! This is soooo frustrating!!!!

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 16:12
For the 3 weeks I have been home from the hospital I have been going thru piles of bureaucratic red tape from my employer to be able to go back just to doing "light duty".
1)They wouldn't allow unwritten permission from the hospital, it had to be on paper. This delayed any decision making until 2 weeks later.
2) With permission from the hospital, the written/signed paperwork was completed at my employer's place b/c they allowed me to do the physical tests in our therapy dept instead of waiting to go to Great falls hospital. But it took 5 days to get there and when I raised a concern about it to the therapy dept head honcho, he was nice enough to retrieve it from the mail room and wwalk it over to the clinic himself so that it would be signed. BUT.......then the next day, not all the correct forms had been sent over. So yet another delay...............
3) On my own, in order to build up a positive wall to support my ability to go back to full labor capacity, without an order from the employer I went and had my vision checked for driving(required for my job) with one eye. I was fully passed and gave the paperwork to Human Resources. I even went so far as to say that the doctor had approved of my ability to drive and that it had been written on the form.
4) Went to 3 appts yesterday, the first for an updated brain CT--I passed. Then went to 2nd doctor to have an updated physical condition/coordination testing completed.....again I passed with flying colors!! And was approved to work up to 8 hours per day. Took in paperwork today and was told 2 things: They had lost or misplaced the eye doctors paperwork!!!---they had the original. And that nobody had/has talked to anybody about when I will even begin light duty.

So here it is Thur, 3 weeks after I was given prior permission by the Great Falls doctor to go back to work. I have done EVERYTHING my workplace has asked me to, and even more!! And yet I am still waiting for them to even call me to come to the office to discuss what I will be doing, let alone driving. As of next Monday I have only 5 days of vacation pay to be paid to me and then the hospital is legally obligated to keep my job for me for only 5 more weeks.

I am becoming disillusioned, frustrated, disappointed, depressed, and have no idea how to proceed except to wait.

Any advice from anybody out there would be appreciated.

BTW, there are no administrations nor businesses, or other offices that can help me. I have asked and been told that to truly assist me I have to be unemployed for 2--6 months(seriously), depending on which group helps me.

IrishBASTARD
10-20-2011, 16:17
For the 3 weeks I have been home from the hospital I have been going thru piles of bureaucratic red tape from my employer to be able to go back just to doing "light duty".
1)They wouldn't allow unwritten permission from the hospital, it had to be on paper. This delayed any decision making until 2 weeks later.
2) With permission from the hospital, the written/signed paperwork was completed at my employer's place b/c they allowed me to do the physical tests in our therapy dept instead of waiting to go to Great falls hospital. But it took 5 days to get there and when I raised a concern about it to the therapy dept head honcho, he was nice enough to retrieve it from the mail room and wwalk it over to the clinic himself so that it would be signed. BUT.......then the next day, not all the correct forms had been sent over. So yet another delay...............
3) On my own, in order to build up a positive wall to support my ability to go back to full labor capacity, without an order from the employer I went and had my vision checked for driving(required for my job) with one eye. I was fully passed and gave the paperwork to Human Resources. I even went so far as to say that the doctor had approved of my ability to drive and that it had been written on the form.
4) Went to 3 appts yesterday, the first for an updated brain CT--I passed. Then went to 2nd doctor to have an updated physical condition/coordination testing completed.....again I passed with flying colors!! And was approved to work up to 8 hours per day. Took in paperwork today and was told 2 things: They had lost or misplaced the eye doctors paperwork!!!---they had the original. And that nobody had/has talked to anybody about when I will even begin light duty.

So here it is Thur, 3 weeks after I was given prior permission by the Great Falls doctor to go back to work. I have done EVERYTHING my workplace has asked me to, and even more!! And yet I am still waiting for them to even call me to come to the office to discuss what I will be doing, let alone driving. As of next Monday I have only 5 days of vacation pay to be paid to me and then the hospital is legally obligated to keep my job for me for only 5 more weeks.

I am becoming disillusioned, frustrated, disappointed, depressed, and have no idea how to proceed except to wait.

Any advice from anybody out there would be appreciated.

BTW, there are no administrations nor businesses, or other offices that can help me. I have asked and been told that to truly assist me I have to be unemployed for 2--6 months(seriously), depending on which group helps me. Whining and moaning aside...be THANKFUL you have a job. People starving in the STREETS who would kill to do any kind of work...perhaps hire an attorney and gripe to him instead of said forum.

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 16:29
I was only griping to the forum b/c I thoght maybe someone could give me some useful advice. Ya never know right? I am a backpacker with 1000's of miles of experience on the trails around the country, I was only hoping for some help and was venting alittle. Besides, compared to what some people gripe sometimes about on all the forums, this was important to me. So thanks for caring about about the life of another trail person--no sarcasm intended.

BobTheBuilder
10-20-2011, 16:33
I feel your frustration, but a little perspective might help.

If your injury was work related, it is to their benefit to get you back on light duty ASAP to reduce the days of their OSHA recordables, and to get you off of a worker's comp claim, which will save them money on worker's comp insurance.

If the injury was not work related, your employer is probably scared to death that "light duty" could cause you to reinjure whatever it is you have damaged, and then it becomes an OSHA recordable and worker's comp case, costing them a ton of money. Also, they don't want to get sued. This is a somewhat litigious society.

I'm not trying to be unfeeling or unsypathetic, but if they take you back too soon, they are putting themselves at risk. Maybe seeing their position will help you find a way to get past the hurdles that have been placed in front of you. I hope it works out, regardless.

strollingalong
10-20-2011, 18:13
Whining and moaning aside...be THANKFUL you have a job. People starving in the STREETS who would kill to do any kind of work...perhaps hire an attorney and gripe to him instead of said forum.

Your name should really be FauxIrishDOUCHE

Tinker
10-20-2011, 18:39
I asked God to give me more sympathy and understanding for the sick and disabled. The last year I have been more sick than ever and I've had several bouts with "pseudo gout" which have left me, essentially, disabled, though only momentarily. I feel for you. I understand what it is to hurt and to be frustrated and out of work. I have no answers for you but to ask the Lord what it is that He is trying to teach you. Be patient, and understand that others, for the most part, only have their own best interests in mind. I cannot fix what is wrong, but I can help you bear your burdens with prayer, and that I will do. God bless you. Be patient, don't lose hope.

IrishBASTARD
10-20-2011, 18:41
Your name should really be FauxIrishDOUCHE Making fun of my cultural heritage aside...which is a hateful and ignorant. The problem you have is simple hire an attorney if you can find evidence this occured at work...due to no fault of your own. They will place you on light duty regardless to try and make you quit...its a process thats used in PA. The longer you hold out without said attorney...the more it drives you to emotional stress and your breaking point. I had to drop Grad school because an at work injury I slipped on a floor they were waxing in the firm I interned for...no sign no NOTHING. Went to an ER. that night Dr's excuse THE WHOLE NINE YARDS...they fired me the next day. Saying I was drunk and never saw the sign...well I was friends with the secuirty guard in the lobby jackpot video evidence. They put me on light duty I hired an attorney...I was told I couldnt work or go to school until litagation was up IT TOOK A YEAR TO THE DAY TO END. They thought I would quit instead I got a dr's excuse to golf swim play tennis and hike...no problems but they lost it PLEASE they NEVER lost it they tossed it. They will make every excuse in the book to force you out aka light duty. Hire a lawyer who's speciality is at work injuries make sure not just a goof...their out there too. But let me warn you it will be depressing to no end...this is just the start. GOOD LUCK

Ladytrekker
10-20-2011, 18:43
Workers Comp is the word never said in the work force. I fell in biohazardous waste and severly tore my complete hamstring and you would have thought I had the plague the way I was treated because it was a workers comp claim. So I did all my appts. and rehab etc. Came back to work and two years later still have trouble with my leg but if I was to say it still hurts I would probably be in the next layoff. I would go to the WC office of my workplace and refuse to leave (be nice) until I had all the paperwork and info I needed to return to work. If you need signatures offer to take the paperwork to the Dr to get signed. Yes it should be the responsibility of your employer but it goes thru so many people it just gets tangled up in the web of bureaucracy.

And you know in todays time adequate is the new excellence most companies don't strive for excellence anymore they are perfectly OK with adequacy.

Tinker
10-20-2011, 18:56
I have also suffered a torn hamstring (in a water skiing accident). I went back to work, against my doctor's orders, in two weeks. That was two years ago. I still feel twinges of pain from time to time. Beurocracy stinks. It minimizes the individual in favor of categorizing and dealing with problems "en masse".

hikerboy57
10-20-2011, 20:20
Workers Comp is the word never said in the work force. I fell in biohazardous waste and severly tore my complete hamstring and you would have thought I had the plague the way I was treated because it was a workers comp claim. So I did all my appts. and rehab etc. Came back to work and two years later still have trouble with my leg but if I was to say it still hurts I would probably be in the next layoff. I would go to the WC office of my workplace and refuse to leave (be nice) until I had all the paperwork and info I needed to return to work. If you need signatures offer to take the paperwork to the Dr to get signed. Yes it should be the responsibility of your employer but it goes thru so many people it just gets tangled up in the web of bureaucracy.

And you know in todays time adequate is the new excellence most companies don't strive for excellence anymore they are perfectly OK with adequacy.
I would disagree. companies that strive for nhothing more than adequacy dont last very long in todays economy.The truly great companies not only strive for excellence, but commit themselves to outstanding customer service, as well as committing to their employees. The 2 biggest assets in any company are its employees and its customers.
As to the OP, I agree with tinker. to everything there is a season, and everything in life that happens has purpose. I have found everything in life has meaning and some of the biggest challenges Ive faced have taught me my most valuable lessons.my ex-wife , for instance has taught me patiience , understanding and compassion.some of who I had thought were "enemies" became my greatest teachers.
everything changes, nothing is static, and the reason you are going through what you are going through may reveal itself many years from now, but I believe it has meaning.and finally 4 simple words="this too shall pass.
good luck.
good luck.

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 20:31
Thanks for all the responses. It is now after 6pm and I got no call from the HR or my boss as to when there would be a time and day for me to meet with them for getting back to work. I will wait until tomorrow 3pm before I go back up there to ask about a Monday meeting. Again, every work day that passes is one less day they are legally binded to put me to work.
BTW, this was not a work injury, and I stated in the OP, I have provided them with ALL NECESSARY paperwork and some extras!! For all the running around I have done, the appts I went to, the paperwork filled out by doctors and myself, you'd think they would be careful about not misplacing or losing anything in my folder. I mean come on, the first sheet to have a really big influence for me to get back to work was not even in my folder?!! Coincidence or I am just unlucky?

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 20:35
Thanks for all the responses. It is now after 6pm and I got no call from the HR or my boss as to when there would be a time and day for me to meet with them for getting back to work. I will wait until tomorrow 3pm before I go back up there to ask about a Monday meeting. Again, every work day that passes is one less day they are legally binded to put me to work.
BTW, this was not a work injury, and I stated in the OP, I have provided them with ALL NECESSARY paperwork and some extras!! For all the running around I have done, the appts I went to, the paperwork filled out by doctors and myself, you'd think they would be careful about not misplacing or losing anything in my folder. I mean come on, the first sheet to have a really big influence for me to get back to work was not even in my folder?!! Coincidence or I am just unlucky?
And all the my employer had to do after I had been discharged by the hospital was to call and request a written/filled out form stating that I could do light duty. In other words, if they had done it this way I would have been working 2 weeks ago!!

MuddyWaters
10-20-2011, 21:48
Once upon a time, I ruptured my right bicep (pulled distal tendon attachment away from bone). Had surgery to reattach it. After 3 days I went to work (office ). Pretty useless trying to type with only left hand when you are right handed. Work sent me home until I was released with a definite restriction. "Cannot use right hand/arm" is too vague. At 6 weeks I got a 2 lb restriction, that they could deal with and allowed me to come back. They also did not want to be responsible for encouraging me to drive when I technically couldnt use but one arm.

All I needed, period, was a note from doctor saying I was cleared to return to work with 2 lb restriction for right arm. That gradually increased to 20 lbs over several months, then no restrictions at 6 months (fully healed).

This was a major fortune 500 company. Your situation sounds unkosher to me. Somethings going on.

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 22:03
Once upon a time, I ruptured my right bicep (pulled distal tendon attachment away from bone). Had surgery to reattach it. After 3 days I went to work (office ). Pretty useless trying to type with only left hand when you are right handed. Work sent me home until I was released with a definite restriction. "Cannot use right hand/arm" is too vague. At 6 weeks I got a 2 lb restriction, that they could deal with and allowed me to come back. They also did not want to be responsible for encouraging me to drive when I technically couldnt use but one arm.

All I needed, period, was a note from doctor saying I was cleared to return to work with 2 lb restriction for right arm. That gradually increased to 20 lbs over several months, then no restrictions at 6 months (fully healed).

This was a major fortune 500 company. Your situation sounds unkosher to me. Somethings going on.

Muddy,
My work place knew that I had gotten hurt rather seriously, but as I stated before, when my sister and I told my boss that I had been discharged b/c I passed all required mental and physical tests, my boss said they still needed it in writing. I had a 2nd part time job and was back to work about a week later. But except for giving out the paperwork, the primary job didn't or hasn't done anything to expedite my getting back to light duty.....I did everything. And now that they have everything they requested from me(except for the sheet they claimed was misplaced or lost), I have to wait 4 more days to even know whether I will be called in to discuss when I will be working and what I'll be doing.
Gotta tell ya, if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow 3pm, I will have to go there and nicely ask what is going on, even if it means going over to the eye doc and asking him to write out another form stating that I can see well enough to drive.

clipless
10-20-2011, 22:03
Is work at your company slow? If so they may not be bringing you back as they can't use you right now..light duty or otherwise.

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 22:15
State or federal law says they have to keep my job for me for 12 weeks. As of next Monday that will mean they have only 5 weeks left. I worked at a hospital in the supply area. generally we were busy enough supplying everybody(hospital, care center, 2 clinics, eye doc and cancer center) that there would occasionally be slow periods, but they didn't last long.
Plus they have told me several times they want to get me back to work.

MuddyWaters
10-20-2011, 22:55
What is your eye issue? If you dont mind my asking. I saw mention of vision with one eye back in the thread.

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 23:48
Injury to head was also a blow to nerve above eye that controls opening of eye lid, tracking and dilation. The last two will take up to a year to recover, but the eye lid is slowly opening already. Have use of eye but since I used contacts, vision is blurry b/c I suffer from slight dilation of that until it heals. Both doctors I saw yesterday said I am in the upper percentile for full eye use within 1 year. Great new for me!

Different Socks
10-20-2011, 23:51
Injury to head was also a blow to nerve above eye that controls opening of eye lid, tracking and dilation. The last two will take up to a year to recover, but the eye lid is slowly opening already. Have use of eye but since I used contacts, vision is blurry b/c I suffer from slight dilation of that until it heals. Both doctors I saw yesterday said I am in the upper percentile for full eye use within 1 year. Great new for me!

BTW, I was wearing helmet, 5 layers on top, 2 below, steel toed boots and gloves. Due to collision with deer and unknown ideas of how I crashed to the pavement, no one has any definite theories how exactly I was injured---But all those clothes and safety gear saved my life!!

Whiskyjo
10-21-2011, 00:11
I feel for you. My wife while hiking the Smokies last spring fell and broke her leg. She being a nurse where she was treated loaded her down with a s--t load of paperwork just to be put on FMLA and they took first her twenty one days of sick days she had built up and also twenty three days of her vacation before she got permision to go back with a bootcast on. I made many trips to all the offices to turn in her permission slips from her Ortho to go back under light duty in her case is eight hours of a twelve hour shift. First day back at work they tell her she can,t wear the cast and to go back home the second day the doctor said she could go back only to be turned away again so back and forth two weeks before they agreed to let her come back to work. It does get frustrating but in time it works out. Oh and we just got a bill from the hospital yesterday for sixteen dollars and some odd cents the problem there is it was for my Mother that passed away almost three years ago.We are just glad they treat people first and paperwork second.

Different Socks
10-23-2011, 00:05
Talked with Hr and was told decision will be made Monday and they will call me. I hope so!!! Unfortunately for me that is another day lost to work and bureaucracy.
On the good side, I stopped by the DMV and found out that if i do not use my CDL for driving at the job, then all I need is the medical claerance papers from an eye doc and reg med doc. I have already had all that done , so it will be interesting to see what reasons what my employer uses to keep me from doing the entirety of my job(which requires some driving).

modiyooch
10-23-2011, 16:40
Time off from work for whatever reason = Road Trip for me.

I hope you make copies of all paperwork during this time.

Good Luck

Different Socks
10-24-2011, 19:42
Talked with Hr and was told decision will be made Monday and they will call me. I hope so!!! Unfortunately for me that is another day lost to work and bureaucracy.
On the good side, I stopped by the DMV and found out that if i do not use my CDL for driving at the job, then all I need is the medical claerance papers from an eye doc and reg med doc. I have already had all that done , so it will be interesting to see what reasons what my employer uses to keep me from doing the entirety of my job(which requires some driving).

It is now 5:40pm, Monday. No calls, no emails, no knocks at my door from my boss, the lady in charge of HR, no nothing. Another day has gone by and still no answer as to when I go back to work on "light duty".

When do I have a right to be angry and ask what is going on??!!

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 19:54
You're already angry. Is it possible to go there and confront them in person(unarmed, of course)?
I f that doesnt work, then you have 2 choices, hire an attorney, who may be able to get some action(the downside to this is they may not want you as an employee if you threaten legal action), or you can look for some other way to earn a living. In my own life, Ive found that life events have always pushed me in the right direction. When I finally made up my mind I had to leave a job, I invariably found something better than the last job.It may even take a litlle thinking "outside the box" if you have marketable skills> if you were happy in your job, by all means, keep pursuing it, otherwise, maybe all this is telling you you need to move on.Its kind of like quitting smoking,making the decision to quit is the toughest part(i havent decided yet).but sometimes you get so caught up in the stability of just having a job,and become afraid of the unknown. there is a world of opportunity out there, even in the toughest of times.
i understand your frustration, but im sure you'll find a solution..
Best of luck.

Different Socks
10-25-2011, 15:39
After no response yesterday from my employer, I went there this morning to ask my boss what exactly was going on. he said there had been a 4pm meeting on Monday, but apparently I was not informed of this. The ending news was that though I can legally drive, the higherups(including the president of the hospital) stated that if I wanted my job back i would have to take a driving test.
I wasn't happy about it, but I went down to DMV to get the manual and scheduled my first attempt for tomorrow at 2pm. I've read all but the last 5-7 pages of the manual and began prepping my car for the test. All that's left is remving the kayak from the roof, and making sure i have clear views out the back, plus a wipe down of the dash and maybe wash the car tomorrow.
Any tips out there on what I should worry about? Ya, know, maybe specific things I could be flunked for?

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 16:11
After no response yesterday from my employer, I went there this morning to ask my boss what exactly was going on. he said there had been a 4pm meeting on Monday, but apparently I was not informed of this. The ending news was that though I can legally drive, the higherups(including the president of the hospital) stated that if I wanted my job back i would have to take a driving test.
I wasn't happy about it, but I went down to DMV to get the manual and scheduled my first attempt for tomorrow at 2pm. I've read all but the last 5-7 pages of the manual and began prepping my car for the test. All that's left is remving the kayak from the roof, and making sure i have clear views out the back, plus a wipe down of the dash and maybe wash the car tomorrow.
Any tips out there on what I should worry about? Ya, know, maybe specific things I could be flunked for?mostly stuoid stuff, like coming to a full stop and waiting 3 seconds at a stop sign, or flashing red light.when making a left turn, make sure you pull into the left lane on a 4lanehwy or better.hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2 o clock position.its usually the little things people fail.and if at the very end the teter asks you to pull over, make sure you use your turn signal.and breathe. if you're relaxed, you'll pass.
Good luck.

handlebar
10-25-2011, 20:20
It certainly seems to me that your employer has been giving you the "run-around". If, indeed, Montana employment law requires them to return you to employment, than you should document all the hurdles your employer has asked you to jump over to enable your return to work---with a view that a lawyer may have to be consulted.

I suspect you'll be fine and pass the driving test tomorrow. Get a letter or other notification attesting to that fact----in fact, write the letter yourself and take it to the test with you asking the officer that conducts the test to sign it. It could simply say: "On October 26, 2011, Different Socks passed the State of Montana driving test." Make two copies of the document and ask the officer to sign both---that way you'll have two originals.

Tonight make a simple factual list in chronological sequence of the items you have been asked to provide, the dates you were asked to provide them, and the dates you provided them. If you have been asked for items more than one time, be sure the second time refers back to the date the item was first delivered. Do not speculate on why an item was required a second time. Take one of the copies of the certified driver's test results indicating you passed to your boss tomorrow and ask him the date and time you should report to work. I expect he will not give you a date and time. Ask him when you can expect to hear from him the date at time you should report to work. Add these items to your chronological list. If he fails to give you a date/time or if the date/time when you will be informed of your report-to-work date is beyond this coming Friday, then tell him the delay in providing a report-to-work date is unsatisfactory and tell him you plan to take this issue up with the HR Department. Invite your supervisor to come to the HR Department with you.

Then go to the HR Department. Ask to speak to the head of HR. Tell him/her you are dissatisfied with the way your return to work has been handled. Show, but do not give him/her, your chronological list and the driver's test results. Ask him/her for a specific date and time when you should report to work. If he/she fails to give you a specific date/time tell him/her you will be taking the issue up with the president since, as it was last reported to you, it was the president's decision to require the driver's test and no other requirements were communicated. Offer to have the head of HR and your manager accompany you.

Go to the office of the president of the hospital, tell his secretary you wish to speak with him regarding returning to work. Tell him/her you do not have an appointment and offer to wait the rest of the day, if necessary, to see him. Tell the secretary you feel you have been getting the "run-around" from the institution regarding your return to work. Ask him/her relay a copy of your list to the president and ask to speak to him since it was reported to you it was his decision that, in addition to all the other items you've been asked to provide and have provided, he specifically required that you take and pass the driver's test. Ask the secretary to also tell the president, that your supervisor and the head of HR were unable to provide you with a specific date and time at which you are to report to work nor a date and time when they would give you a report-to-work date. The president, HR, and/or your boss will have a witness (probably someone from HR) present. If you have a voice recorder function on your cell phone, turn it on before any of these interactions. If your boss, or the president, or the HR people raise any additional requirements, ask them calmly to put together a complete, written list of the items they require before your return to work. Offer to wait until is is done then take it with you. After you receive the list, ask them if there will be any further delay once you have fulfilled their additional requirements. Record their answer together with the date and time on your list.

This is not rocket science. There is absolutely no reason why the HR department should not have given you a complete list of what was required of you when you first inquired about returning to work. I suspect the hospital has hired someone to replace you and does not have a budget to pay both of you. I suspect they don't want you back and are dragging their feet. I suggest that if they add further burdens, you schedule an initial consultation with a lawyer who specializes in Montana labor law. If there is an employee handbook and you have a copy at home, take it to the lawyer with you. If MT law requires your employer to return you to work after a non work-related injury, then you may have a case to sue for reinstatement, lost wages, and reasonable attorney's fees. However, if you pursue such an action, you will definitely be persona non grata and you may be sure that your employer will be looking for a reason to terminate you. It will be an unpleasant place to work.

Regardless of what happens, at your age, it is difficult to find new employment especially in the current economy. Nonetheless, it is easier to get another job, if you are already working, rather than are unemployed or on medical leave. After you return to work you might want to quietly search for another position.

Different Socks
10-26-2011, 12:49
Well as it turns out, the DMV doesn't provide any immediate proof that I passed, so I will need to call the central office in Helena, provide them with a fax umber of my boss(or HR)and they will fax proof by the end of the day that I did pass. As for not starting me by the next day or even Monday, I would have to agree that some different action would be warranted. However, I do know that someone else wasn't/hasn't been hired to replace me.
So I agree that it will be interesting how they respond to my passing grade.
As for things that I am trying to memorize to pass the driving test:
LOOK AROUND & BE AWARE!!
SEATBELT
TURN SIGNALS
WATCH SPEED!!
HANDS ON WHEEL
CHECK MIRRORS!!

The test is only 15 min long cuz he schedules a new test every 20 min. Will 15 min feel like an eternity? Plus I am a bit worried about how well I will hear. I may have to turn my aids up all the way!

hikerboy57
10-26-2011, 12:55
just remeber to breathe, and you'll be fine. I had to retake my drivers test a few years back, and I was just as nervous.You would think that with over 35 yrs of driving experience, Id have more confidence.I did fine, but att the end , the instructor asked me to make a left turn at the next light, and then pull over.I signalled, made the left, pulled over to the right, and he told me I didnt signalright when I pulled over, then he looked at me, smiles and said I did just fine.

Different Socks
10-27-2011, 14:56
Well after a 10-12 min driving test I failed 2 things: The first was not stopping at a stop sign instead of a crosswalk line b/c the sign had been placed in front of a fire hydrant thereby was set into the cement about 10-12 feet in front of the cross walk.
Second mistake was enlightening. After I properly did parallel parking, when i checked to leave, I didn't look straight to my left. When I asked why that had to be done, he said it is b/c someone may be driving onto the street across from me. BUT..............

I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!

Boss had proof faxed to him this morning and I should be back to work by tomorrow or Monday latest. And no light duty!!! Yeah!!!

hikerboy57
10-27-2011, 15:09
Well after a 10-12 min driving test I failed 2 things: The first was not stopping at a stop sign instead of a crosswalk line b/c the sign had been placed in front of a fire hydrant thereby was set into the cement about 10-12 feet in front of the cross walk.
Second mistake was enlightening. After I properly did parallel parking, when i checked to leave, I didn't look straight to my left. When I asked why that had to be done, he said it is b/c someone may be driving onto the street across from me. BUT..............

I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!! I PASSED!!

Boss had proof faxed to him this morning and I should be back to work by tomorrow or Monday latest. And no light duty!!! Yeah!!!Congratulations!!

sonic
10-27-2011, 16:37
Good for you. :banana(not that I like the dancing banana much, but I thought this warrented one!) I wish you all the best on your first days back to work.

Different Socks
10-27-2011, 20:59
Good for you. :banana(not that I like the dancing banana much, but I thought this warrented one!) I wish you all the best on your first days back to work.

Thanks!!!;)