PDA

View Full Version : Please , Try to know me for better understanding:

Kookork
10-24-2011, 00:35
Please , take time to know me:

I am undoubtedly a novice when it comes to hiking trails in North America. I never hiked an inch of any of the Triple Crown but I am definitely not a greenhorn considering my other continents hiking.

It is not fair if I express anything about AT or talk about other hikers achievements when I have not been there and have not done that but I find writing about hiking irresistible when I believe I have something to share.

I am a hiker now but I did not start as a hiker. I used to hunt back home for years and fish trout in raging mountainous rivers. I used to climb steep mountains for hunting wild goats. I used to rock climb just to explore new untouched territories.

I am agoraphobic and I am scared of deep caves.

I have been in such a remote wilderness alone that I was lucky to watch how a group of wild dogs try to catch a piglet when the mother is defending them for an hour.

I have been chased by a pack of wolf back home and have been in many major disasters like earthquakes as a medical doctor and have seen bloody heart breaking scenes in battles. I wish I have not experienced all of them but I did. That is the reason that I dont panic. I never did in my whole life even in most extreme situations.

I have lost two of my best friends to climbing in their prime time. I still fish but never for fun just for its meat but I inevitably use my years of hunting and fishing experiences in my hiking.

In my hunting era, it was absurd to hike without an intention to hunt now it is meaningless to carry anything sharper than the lens of camera to hunt. I still carry the same keen eyes of a hunter as a hiker though.

I have no problem in any stream to fish and take care of my needs in emergencies no matter what.

So right here right now, I apologize for any unsolicited advice of mine and I am truly sorry if you find my opinions offensive for a guy who his longest thru hiking here in North America is not more than 600 miles. I take my hat off for any soul that has done a major thru hike no matter what.

I cannot even understand the dedication that a Triple Crown recipient has put to hiking, I can just admire them.

And by the way, I always hike with my dog. I am not a solo hiker but soloish hiker.

Thank you for giving your precious time to know me.

Hikerhead
10-24-2011, 08:13
I don't always filter my water, but when I do, I use Aqua Mira.

Take good care, my friends.

Lone Wolf
10-24-2011, 08:24

I am undoubtedly a novice when it comes to hiking trails in North America. I never hiked an inch of any of the Triple Crown but I am definitely not a greenhorn considering my other continents hiking.

It is not fair if I express anything about AT or talk about other hikers achievements when I have not been there and have not done that but I find writing about hiking irresistible when I believe I have something to share.

I am a hiker now but I did not start as a hiker. I used to hunt back home for years and fish trout in raging mountainous rivers. I used to climb steep mountains for hunting wild goats. I used to rock climb just to explore new untouched territories.

I have been in such a remote wilderness alone that I was lucky to watch how a group of wild dogs try to catch a piglet when the mother is defending them for an hour.

I have been chased by a pack of wolf back home and have been in many major disasters like earthquakes as a medical doctor and have seen bloody heart breaking scenes in battles. I wish I have not experienced all of them but I did. That is the reason that I dont panic. I never did in my whole life even in most extreme situations.

I have lost two of my best friends to climbing in their prime time. I still fish but never for fun just for its meat but I inevitably use my years of hunting and fishing experiences in my hiking.

In my hunting era, it was absurd to hike without an intention to hunt now it is meaningless to carry anything sharper than the lens of camera to hunt. I still carry the same keen eyes of a hunter as a hiker though.

I have no problem in any stream to fish and take care of my needs in emergencies no matter what.

So right here right now, I apologize for any unsolicited advice of mine and I am truly sorry if you find my opinions offensive for a guy who his longest thru hiking here in North America is not more than 600 miles. I take my hat off for any soul that has done a major thru hike no matter what.

I cannot even understand the dedication that a Triple Crown recipient has put to hiking, I can just admire them.

And by the way, I always hike with my dog. I am not a solo hiker but soloish hiker.

huh.........?

4eyedbuzzard
10-24-2011, 08:47
You might want to try posting less wordy, less rambling threads.

Pedaling Fool
10-24-2011, 08:56

What continents have you hiked?

You're a medical doctor? And you've been chased by a pack of wolves? And you've been in battle....

RITBlake
10-24-2011, 09:03

Best start to a thread ever

Mags
10-24-2011, 09:03

You're a medical doctor? And you've been chased by a pack of wolves? And you've been in battle....

:)

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0906/most-interesting-man-in-the-world-demotivational-poster-1245215361.jpg

BobTheBuilder
10-24-2011, 09:10
I still fish but never for fun just for its meat...
That is kind of hard to believe.

scope
10-24-2011, 09:23
"KooKoo", otherwise known as the continental, goat hunting, agoraphobic, wolfbait, doctor, war veteran, non-hobby fisherman, photographer, soloish hiker.

SnakeSession
10-24-2011, 09:49
Dude just chill and enjoy hiking.

Gray Blazer
10-24-2011, 10:07
Good to know ya.

Pages
10-24-2011, 10:43
i have no idea why you are getting a number of more or less "negative" comments to your post, other than this is "whiteblaze." sometimes that is explanation enough. at any rate thanks for the intro, kookork. nice to meet you.

TV

Tinker
10-24-2011, 11:14

I am trying to understand you that I might know you. You don't make it easy! Do you know Matthewski?

4eyedbuzzard
10-24-2011, 11:31
i have no idea why you are getting a number of more or less "negative" comments to your post, other than this is "whiteblaze." sometimes that is explanation enough. at any rate thanks for the intro, kookork. nice to meet you.

TVI wasn't trying to be negative, just suggesting that kookork perhaps post just one or two cohesive thoughts at a time, so that his posts are easier to read / comprehend. It's difficult to reply to a post that spans a dozen different topics.

Hey kookork :welcome

Gray Blazer
10-24-2011, 11:34
I wasn't trying to be negative, just suggesting that kookork perhaps post just one or two cohesive thoughts at a time, so that his posts are easier to read / comprehend. It's difficult to reply to a post that spans a dozen different topics.

Hey kookork :welcome

You are so abusive! (not)

slamajama
10-24-2011, 11:37
"KooKoo", otherwise known as the continental, goat hunting, agoraphobic, wolfbait, doctor, war veteran, non-hobby fisherman, photographer, soloish hiker.
*milk and cereal through the nose*..lol Kookoo welcome to our hiking community, hopefully we will meet on the trail to swap wolf chasing stories

BobTheBuilder
10-24-2011, 11:49
OK, I was a bit negative. I apologize. After consideration, I recognize that it is obviously written from a cultural perspective that is not North American.

Please tell us more about where you come from. It might help fill out the introduction.

Tinker
10-24-2011, 12:36
Quote from OP: "I am agoraphobic and I am scared of deep caves". So you are afraid both of open (agoraphobic) and closed (claustrophobic - as in caves) spaces?

Is there somewhere in between where you feel comfortable, or are you trying to tell us that you are internally conflicted, a walking contradiction?

clsvideo
10-24-2011, 12:36

Yeah, is your name Forest Gump?

rhjanes
10-24-2011, 12:40
I'm wondering if there is a question in this or just a.......
I take it you are NOT a tent camper then? Since they are man-made caves....

Blissful
10-24-2011, 13:02

Absolutely no reason to equate section hiking and/or mileage status with some lower status in life...or on this forum....

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 13:21
are you a good witch or a bad witch?
whats your base weight?

BobTheBuilder
10-24-2011, 13:35
I thought agoraphobic was fear of wool, but maybe that's angoraphobic.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 15:39
You might want to try posting less wordy, less rambling threads.

I dd not expect this from YOU sir. I wrote this introduction trying to say that if you find my threads Ramblig just hang on maybe after all they are not just rambling and . please give me the benefit of doubt that this guy has some experinces to back his claims up. Is it that difficult?
English is my second language, persian first. I started talking English 5 years ago so sometimes it is extremly difficult to convay my thoughts in shorter terms. In my original language I am like an eagle compare to a crow in English.

Still ,I prefer to call you a friend and ask you to point out which thread or part of it seems rambling to you.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:13

I am Iranian and I used to be a medical doctor back home and I am eligible to practice medicine in UK.

I dont expect you guys to know but our country was in an eight years old war with Iraq ending up more than 2 millions dead casualities from both sides. Who do you think took care of war patients and victims of war? .

Doctors like me ,We were young and FORCED to go to war for our duty. Dont get me wrong, I was not a volunteer, it is mandatory to work in army for any male in Iran for two years.If during that two years your country is in a war then you find yourself saving lives in battle fields. So no I am not a veteran or a blood thirsty Rambo. But have been in a actively fighting army for two years.
The rest is easier to mention: I used to hunt for wild boar back home and in a winter when I was alone chasing wild boar's footprints I came upon a pack of wolves which were hungry enough to chase me as a pray. To my surprise they needed more than one gunshot to be convinced that I am not a good food.

Iran might look like a dessert to you but it is not all sand. I love you to look at this youTube video that is about the area that I come from. If you dont say to your friend what they are watching they might think it is part of Sierra mountains.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlLukAUrCF0

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:16
Thank you , you made my day

ekeverette
10-24-2011, 16:16
judging by the time the op wrote this thread...... just maybe he had been comsuming spirits..... don't know... kinda sounds like me on thoughs particular nights!

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:20
:)

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0906/most-interesting-man-in-the-world-demotivational-poster-1245215361.jpg

I liked our humour. I must say though I irresistably hate this guy in the add.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:22
Absolutely no reason to equate section hiking and/or mileage status with some lower status in life...or on this forum....
Sorry I realy dont get your point. If possible explain more.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:28
when did I claim I am a photographer bro? or war veteran? war veteran seems to be used too frequently here in the USA. I have been in batles as a medic but war veteran? far from it. Nice to have you here.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:30
are you a good witch or a bad witch?
whats your base weight?
Good witch? or bad?
I have no clue what you are talking about , enlighten me please.
same for base weight.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:37
That is kind of hard to believe.

10 years ago I was the operating manager of the first Catch and Release trout fishing project in my country Iran. It was when everybdy said you are not going to make it but we made it . I was honored by the Nature Ministry of my country by a plaque in my name for the efforts we put in that project. so there is a chance that a guy who spent his time and money to bring the concept of catch and release for the first time in his country just fish when he needs, huh?

Kookork
10-24-2011, 16:39
judging by the time the op wrote this thread...... just maybe he had been comsuming spirits..... don't know... kinda sounds like me on thoughs particular nights!
Who knows maybe one day we will meet somewhere and make good friends. it happens

Jan LiteShoe
10-24-2011, 16:44
Who knows maybe one day we will meet somewhere and make good friends. it happens
Welcome to White Blaze, Kookork.
Don't take comments here too much seriously. When people meet on the trail or camping, the barriers tend to drop away.

Jan LiteShoe
10-24-2011, 16:49
Good witch? or bad?
same for base weight.
The former is a cultural reference, but I don't get where he's going either.

Base weight is the weight of your hiking gear, without food and water. Gear is a popular topic among hikers, and paring it down lighter and lighter to have enjoyable hike with all the essentials for seasonally-appropriate safety is considered good and enjoyable sport for non-hiking times. ;-0

58starter
10-24-2011, 16:52
Thanks for posting so I can read what all the regulars have to say about it. If you have the time and the money I say just go for it and hike the AT

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 16:52
Good witch? or bad?
same for base weight.
Welcome to whiteblaze.
The first is a reference to the movie the wizard of oz, the second a reference to one of the things we spend our time arguing about here on WB.the first I wrote in response to your biography, which contained a lot of info but none involving witchcraft.AS you get to know some of the personalities here, you'll find sarcasm, irony, bitterness, frustration, in addition to the entire gamut of human emotion.occassionally, you'll also recieve caring accurate , and sometimes contradictory responses to your queries.
as someone above wrote,most hikers arent as antagonistic on the trail.we all share a love of the trail, whether you're a thru hker, section hiker, day hiker.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 17:01
The former is a cultural reference, but I don't get where he's going either.

Base weight is the weight of your hiking gear, without food and water. Gear is a popular topic among hikers, and paring it down lighter and lighter to have enjoyable hike with all the essentials for seasonally-appropriate safety is considered good and enjoyable sport for non-hiking times. ;-0
Thank you for the reply. My backpack is a Ibex 80 liter that is about mre than 7 pounds by itself. I need to purchase light gears to decreae my pack weight from 50 to 30 to 35 ponds that is possible. I am the type of guy that hikes with no stove or a very small alcohol one just for making tea. I love to search internet for gears but financial is not in my side so I hike with my not light gears like 2 person Lightning Sierra Tent and my heavy backpack for now. I have no doubt that light and ultralight is the way of hiking for my age (44 years old) but takes time to purchase every thing.

Sierra Echo
10-24-2011, 17:02
I like deep caves.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 17:04
[QUOTE=hikerboy57;1211551]Welcome to whiteblaze.
The first is a reference to the movie the wizard of oz, the second a reference to one of the things we spend our time arguing about here on WB.the first I wrote in response to your biography, which contained a lot of info but none involving witchcraft.AS you get to know some of the personalities here, you'll find sarcasm, irony, bitterness, frustration, in addition to the entire gamut of human emotion.occassionally, you'll also recieve caring accurate , and sometimes contradictory responses to your queries.
as someone above wrote,most hikers arent as antagonistic on the trail.we all share a love of the trail, whether you're a thru hker, section hiker, day hiker.[/QUOTE
You know it takes time to know what is happening in a forum and hikers like you can help tro make this time much shorter, seriously thank you

Kookork
10-24-2011, 17:06
Welcome to whiteblaze.
as someone above wrote,most hikers arent as antagonistic on the trail.we all share a love of the trail, whether you're a thru hker, section hiker, day hiker.
I gotta watch the Wizard of oz. there are too many references in society about this movie and I never watched it

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 17:15
I gotta watch the Wizard of oz. there are too many references in society about this movie and I never watched itjust remember to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.(you'll understand after you watch ther movie).also, given a choice between trail runners and ruby red slippers, go with the trail runners.The AT is our yellow brick road.

tscoffey
10-24-2011, 17:15
امیدوارم شما می توانید یک کپی از جادوگر شهر از با زیرنویس فارسی پیدا کنید.

(Translated from English to Persian using Google. I hope ti worked)

Hoofit
10-24-2011, 17:21
For a Persian cat, your English may not be purrfect but nonetheless it is very good, especially after only five years
Happy hiking , see you down the trail
I too have some plaque but that's another matter
I have never hunted wild boar but have been forunate enough to have been hunted down by several wild women...
I need to get out of here and go hike a mountain!

ChinMusic
10-24-2011, 17:27
Welcome to WB from me as well.

Along with some good information, expect some comments requiring thick skin. It goes with the territory. Your English is pretty good, probably good enough to pass as a first language. You are leagues ahead of Matty. Either that or Matty is leagues ahead of us. Inside joke. Your English was good enough that many took jabs at you (including me), jabs which probably went over your head.

We are a harmless, good-natured group. Hang in there.

Papa D
10-24-2011, 17:30
"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. See, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Clint Eastwood quote - I know it is ridiculous but so is this post

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 17:32
id like to compliment you on you'r use of punctuation;

Cookerhiker
10-24-2011, 17:39
Welcome to WB and I hope you make friends here, contribute to the discussions (you already have, I've noticed), and learn some things like we all do.

....I dont expect you guys to know but our country was in an eight years old war with Iraq ending up more than 2 millions dead casualities from both sides. Who do you think took care of war patients and victims of war?......

Don't expect that all of us guys are so insular and provincial that we don't know some things about the world at large. I for one am very well aware of the Iran/Iraq 1980s war. That's all I will say now. If you're not aware, please be advised that WhiteBlaze policies prohibit political discussions. The point is we're not all clueless.

ChinMusic
10-24-2011, 17:41
The point is we're not all clueless.

Speak for yourself........

Kookork
10-24-2011, 17:52

TV
Nice to meet you too.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 17:59
For a Persian cat, your English may not be purrfect but nonetheless it is very good, especially after only five years
Happy hiking , see you down the trail
I too have some plaque but that's another matter
I have never hunted wild boar but have been forunate enough to have been hunted down by several wild women...
I need to get out of here and go hike a mountain!

You gave those wild possibly beautiful women the chance to shoot at you,right? I quit being shot or blessed by women 5 years ago giving my mostly self inflicted wounds time to heal. They healed gradually. now I will wait for the right woman at the right time.

ChinMusic
10-24-2011, 18:03
I have been forunate enough to have been hunted down by several wild women...

Four that wanna own ya
Two that wanna stone ya

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 18:11
cant say ive ever been shot at by wild women, but my ex wife ripped my heart out.:mad:

SassyWindsor
10-24-2011, 18:17
"Stay thirsty my friend" a drink may help clear up some of the bs.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 18:20
Welcome to WB and I hope you make friends here, contribute to the discussions (you already have, I've noticed), and learn some things like we all do.

Don't expect that all of us guys are so insular and provincial that we don't know some things about the world at large. I for one am very well aware of the Iran/Iraq 1980s war. That's all I will say now. If you're not aware, please be advised that WhiteBlaze policies prohibit political discussions. The point is we're not all clueless.

I did not find my tone offensive in quoted part but if it conveyed any offense that is not my intention. I have no political subject to discuss here in this forum. There are political forums for people that are interested but sir it seems you get offended too soon or too easily, That is not my problem. I said "I don't expect" I did not say " you do not know" . Or you are clueless . From all good and bad and great comments in last 24 hours I find your comment the most upsetting. Hope I am wrong ... I expect to find very worldly educated and wise friends here in this forum but I absolutely have no problem butting my head to people that are offensive or think they can piss me off.
Should I consier you a friend or I have to choose every single word of mine so cautiosly that wiser guys like you cannot find any excuse to attack?

Kookork
10-24-2011, 18:26
"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. See, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

Clint Eastwood quote - I know it is ridiculous but so is this post

Clint Eastwood would never say that again if he knew one day you are giong to use it so untimely.

hikerboy57
10-24-2011, 18:31
dont take offense. Like myself and others here, we're not hiking right now,and when we're off trail, we carry around a little anger.You'll find cookerhiker a pretty darn good source of information. Iam, however ,a little surprised with all you've lived through, that your skin isn't a little thicker.we stay away from politics here, but I already know most of the WB community is pretty well informed when it comes to history and current events.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 18:32
Welcome to White Blaze, Kookork.
Don't take comments here too much seriously. When people meet on the trail or camping, the barriers tend to drop away.

I call it a good practical advice and thank you. I like to be the same here and on trail and I honestly am the same but It is understandable to find sweet hikers a little bit bitter when just discuss bout hiking and not really hike. Hope it was not so

swamprat
10-24-2011, 19:21
I gotta call "BS". Your original post is so gramatically correct compared to the latter post. Are you an actor?

Kookork
10-24-2011, 20:06
I gotta call "BS". Your original post is so gramatically correct compared to the latter post. Are you an actor?

I wrote the original one on WORD program and corrected spelling and gramatical mistakes by it, but the answers are the result of typing directly on Reply to thread. Bro put that sceptic magnifier aside and just focus on content. I have no extra finger in my hands nor fire comes out of my breath. I guaranty you I can write Grammatically correct with or without word when I am the mood.
I have muscle to back my claims up to myself. Others can take a guess about it and I have no problem with that. they guess, I live.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 20:22
dont take offense. Like myself and others here, we're not hiking right now,and when we're off trail, we carry around a little anger.You'll find cookerhiker a pretty darn good source of information. Iam, however ,a little surprised with all you've lived through, that your skin isn't a little thicker.we stay away from politics here, but I already know most of the WB community is pretty well informed when it comes to history and current events.

we have a saying in Persian that says like this: If somebody claims that can jump for example 5 feet in New Hampshire he should be able to jump at least 4 feet here in Oregon. If we have a great temper while on trail, then is it absurd to expect good temper here? I am not sayin, I am just sayin...

But overally great advice from you and much respect for you

Cookerhiker
10-24-2011, 20:38
I did not find my tone offensive in quoted part but if it conveyed any offense that is not my intention. I have no political subject to discuss here in this forum. There are political forums for people that are interested but sir it seems you get offended too soon or too easily, That is not my problem. I said "I don't expect" I did not say " you do not know" . Or you are clueless . From all good and bad and great comments in last 24 hours I find your comment the most upsetting. Hope I am wrong ... I expect to find very worldly educated and wise friends here in this forum but I absolutely have no problem butting my head to people that are offensive or think they can piss me off.
Should I consier you a friend or I have to choose every single word of mine so cautiosly that wiser guys like you cannot find any excuse to attack?

Well the only reason for my reference to WB's policy on politics was that you're new to WB and perhaps weren't aware of it. And certainly, I don't consider your simple statement of fact - that there was an Iran/Iraq war - as a political statement. You were telling us more about yourself, your background - that's OK.

I know that Americans are notorious for not knowing what goes on in other nations, that foreigners often know much more about US happenings than Americans know about others. I just wanted to convey that this stereotype doesn't apply to all of us; some of us do keep up with current events around the world.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 21:39
Well the only reason for my reference to WB's policy on politics was that you're new to WB and perhaps weren't aware of it. And certainly, I don't consider your simple statement of fact - that there was an Iran/Iraq war - as a political statement. You were telling us more about yourself, your background - that's OK.

I know that Americans are notorious for not knowing what goes on in other nations, that foreigners often know much more about US happenings than Americans know about others. I just wanted to convey that this stereotype doesn't apply to all of us; some of us do keep up with current events around the world.

I love your nice tone much more now. But honestly even many middle eastern do not know that Iran/Iraq war was that bloody.

When I was around 17 years old, by luck I found a report from an Iranian Guy who made a 4 days hiking trip in Yosemitee National Park in Hippie era (if I spelled hippie right). I fell in love with the story the moment I read it and told to myself: You are going to make this happen before 40. I was just a few years wrong. so what many of the North American hikers take for granted has been the dream of mine for most of my life. Now I am so close to fulfil one of the sweatest dream of mine.
Sir I respect and love and appreciate the freedom and humanity of North American people and I admire a nation who has not one but 3 long distant trail open to public. Certainly this civilization has been made by American people like you.

ChinMusic
10-24-2011, 21:44
Sir I respect and love and appreciate the freedom and humanity of North American people and I admire a nation who has not one but 3 long distant trail open to public. Certainly this civilization has been made by American people like you.

Just be careful near our mountainous borders.

You know, slip, fall, that sort of thing..........;)

Kookork
10-24-2011, 22:08
Just be careful near our mountainous borders.

You know, slip, fall, that sort of thing..........;)

Oh absolutely sir. I am a good chance for you guys to know an egotistic middle eastern mentality ;)better.
I am here to say we were all disgusted about what happened to American Hikers in Iran and it was not our decision but goverment and I am here to show you behind this egotistic somehow ambitious Canadian/persian hiker is a very humble guy who is just enjoying this chance of life in this body in this moments.

Miami Joe
10-24-2011, 22:18
Best post EVER! Kookork, you can hike with me ANY DAY, my friend. Always good to have a field medic/fisherman/story teller on the trail. We'd make a great team--Miami Jew and Persian/Canadian! Saw your comment about the iran/iraq war. One of my best friend's father fought for Iran as a figter pilot against Iraq and then fled to the US after the extremist takeover. He had to spend his family's fortune just to get his son and wife out of the country.

Wise Old Owl
10-24-2011, 22:55

no that was the "Should I put my Dentures inside the bear vault"

can we put that to a vote?

BobTheBuilder
10-24-2011, 23:04
You are Persian, Kookork. Are you Muslim?

Kookork
10-24-2011, 23:13
Best post EVER! Kookork, you can hike with me ANY DAY, my friend. Always good to have a field medic/fisherman/story teller on the trail. We'd make a great team--Miami Jew and Persian/Canadian! Saw your comment about the iran/iraq war. One of my best friend's father fought for Iran as a figter pilot against Iraq and then fled to the US after the extremist takeover. He had to spend his family's fortune just to get his son and wife out of the country.
THANK YOU very much Miami Joe. WE may walk one day and get to know each other. Middle easterns are good story tellers. It is in our blood. If you live in Florida you have seen many exiled Iranian and people searching for a better life there.

The irony of Iran/Iraq war hit me years later when I needed a credit card to book a ticket in London and from all of my friends from all around the world( living in a hustle made of ten different nations, medical doctors ) the guy who finally offered me his credit card was from Iraq. We made a deep almost sacred friendship.

Kookork
10-24-2011, 23:23
You are Persian, Kookork. Are you Muslim?

by tradition yes but by mentality far from it. I deeply believe in reincarnation. Most of my friends here are Jews and I have been in complete Canadian society almost from arival. In Islam it is strictly forbiden to converge to another religion but even if it was not : did I find in my search of religion something that much appealing to me to follow it . A BIG NO. I feel more secure in Jewish Community and Christians also but I never found any meaning difference in the most religions around. Thay all are not made for me, that is their common problem.

Pedaling Fool
10-25-2011, 09:05
I am Iranian and I used to be a medical doctor back home and I am eligible to practice medicine in UK.

I dont expect you guys to know but our country was in an eight years old war with Iraq ending up more than 2 millions dead casualities from both sides. Who do you think took care of war patients and victims of war? .

Doctors like me ,We were young and FORCED to go to war for our duty. Dont get me wrong, I was not a volunteer, it is mandatory to work in army for any male in Iran for two years.If during that two years your country is in a war then you find yourself saving lives in battle fields. So no I am not a veteran or a blood thirsty Rambo. But have been in a actively fighting army for two years.
The rest is easier to mention: I used to hunt for wild boar back home and in a winter when I was alone chasing wild boar's footprints I came upon a pack of wolves which were hungry enough to chase me as a pray. To my surprise they needed more than one gunshot to be convinced that I am not a good food.

Iran might look like a dessert to you but it is not all sand. I love you to look at this youTube video that is about the area that I come from. If you dont say to your friend what they are watching they might think it is part of Sierra mountains.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlLukAUrCF0
Talk about putting the horse before the cart. This is your title: Please , "Try to know me for better understanding". Don't you think it would have been helpful to tell us where you're from. Without a foundation, nothing in your opening post makes sense.

If you are from Iran, then welcome to North America, but I'm not ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, in other words I'm still skeptical, but always willing to be proved wrong.

bpitt
10-25-2011, 09:12
Kookork, don't take the blowhards here too seriously. I mean, at some point on the trail, we all crap in the woods.

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 09:19
Talk about putting the horse before the cart. This is your title: Please , "Try to know me for better understanding". Don't you think it would have been helpful to tell us where you're from. Without a foundation, nothing in your opening post makes sense.

If you are from Iran, then welcome to North America, but I'm not ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, in other words I'm still skeptical, but always willing to be proved wrong. maybe you missed the first sentence of the OP.

Pedaling Fool
10-25-2011, 09:41

maybe you missed the first sentence of the OP.
No, I did not miss the first sentence.

WingedMonkey
10-25-2011, 10:04
--Miami Jew and Persian/Canadian!

A Miami Jew is more rare on the trail than a Canadian Persian.

:sun

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 10:15
No, I did not miss the first sentence.My bad, john. It wasnt until the followup we found out a bit more info.

scope
10-25-2011, 11:56
Clint Eastwood would never say that again if he knew one day you are giong to use it so untimely.

Oh, KooKoo, your English is killin' me!!! :)

Look, you sound like you're posting in earnest, so apologies for some of our "retorts" to your posts, on this thread and otherwise. Try to take it in as learning experience, and not that you're not an experienced person and hiker, but that your communication is probably not coming across as well as you intend it to.

Kookork
10-25-2011, 13:00
You wrote You are always willing to be proved wrong. It is all I needed to hear. Time is a good help in our sides.
Gibran Khalil Gibran once tried to mention some of the nations like English, french.Italian,German and some other cultures in one or two sentences. For Iranian he told: They are sarcastic.

As an Iranian I came to this bitter conclusion that he is rightand we are a sarcastic nation in general and what being sceptic and sarastic has brought to our nation and country? made it miserable for all of us.So you wana be a sarcastic skeptical nation , be my guest.

I am mostly like you .I am not willing to give many the benefit of doubt but I am Iranian by culture .You are not.

Anyway. Nice to see you

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 13:08
we are also sarcastic skeptics, but we still live in the greatest country in the world.We just approach sarcastic skepticism from a free-societal capitalist point of view.
To know us is to love us.

ChinMusic
10-25-2011, 13:50
we are also sarcastic skeptics, but we still live in the greatest country in the world.We just approach sarcastic skepticism from a free-societal capitalist point of view.

We are also humble........:D

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 14:00
[QUOTE=ChinMusic;1211842]We are also humble........:D[/QUOTE yes, that too.

Gray Blazer
10-25-2011, 14:20
We are also humble........:D

I am the humblest of the humble.

Kookork
10-25-2011, 14:26
You wrote You are always willing to be proved wrong. It is all I needed to hear. Time is a good help in our sides.
Gibran Khalil Gibran once tried to mention some of the nations like English, french.Italian,German and some other cultures in one or two sentences. For Iranian he told: They are sarcastic.

As an Iranian I came to this bitter conclusion that he is rightand we are a sarcastic nation in general and what being sceptic and sarastic has brought to our nation and country? made it miserable for all of us.So you wana be a sarcastic skeptical nation , be my guest.

I am mostly like you .I am not willing to give many the benefit of doubt, but I am Iranian by culture .You are not.

And about my English:

Years before when I was a child, an Iranian/American famous cardiologist came for a family visit to Iran. We children used to look at him like a hero. About English language he said: You are not fluent in English until you see your dreams in English.

Years passed. I immigrated to Canada. Living purely with English friends I was pissed off why I never dreamt English.

This spring in a rainy morning I was smilling in my tent and my dog who knows by no mens I am a morning person looked at me like: What the hell is wrong with you? I told him: What do you know? I had my first English dream!!!

Anyway. Nice to see you

ChinMusic
10-25-2011, 14:34
This spring in a rainy morning I was smilling in my tent and my dog who knows by no mens I am a morning person looked at me like: What the hell is wrong with you? I told him: What do you know? I had my first English dream!!!

You would have really pissed off the dog if you had told him the dream was in color......

Kookork
10-25-2011, 14:52
we are also sarcastic skeptics, but we still live in the greatest country in the world.We just approach sarcastic skepticism from
a free-societal capitalist point of view.
To know us is to love us.
That is why I am here, to know you to love you,fair enough?

Pedaling Fool
10-25-2011, 14:54
You wrote You are always willing to be proved wrong. It is all I needed to hear. Time is a good help in our sides.I'm wrong all the time, I'm kind of use to it:D Time will tell.

ChinMusic
10-25-2011, 15:10
I'm wrong all the time....

No you're not, oh wait.......

hikerboy57
10-25-2011, 15:16
I think we've all been wrong here at some point,otherwise we'd all be ultra- lite- winter- speed- hammockers.I know Ive been wrong once(or twice?)

scope
10-25-2011, 15:28
...To know us is to love us.

You know, we could say that about any group of people... and I'm sayin' it about KooKoo as I'm getting to know him (it is a him, right?)... and you know I mean KooKoo affectionately, and also because its the French pronunciation of Kookork (since you're living in Canada).

Wise Old Owl
10-25-2011, 21:20
A Miami Jew is more rare on the trail than a Canadian Persian

Allow me to paraphrase "a fake gold coin that continues to circulate":confused:

Wise Old Owl
10-25-2011, 21:47
Soheil, Your achievements are grand - but this is a social group. Most here, although being on the eastern shore are a tad cliquish, one only needs to be supportive, helpful, and friendly. Acceptance is earned, not requested - your approach is awkward, but keep in mind we are all here to exchange idea's and socialize and with good reason because we have a common interest. So go with peace, a friend request is coming....

Kookork
10-25-2011, 22:29
Quote from OP: "I am agoraphobic and I am scared of deep caves". So you are afraid both of open (agoraphobic) and closed (claustrophobic - as in caves) spaces?

Agoraphobia: Fear of open spaces or fearof being in crowded public places.
Clausterophobia:Fear of confined spaces

I thrive in open spaces so if i say I am agoraphobic is because of crowded places like rock music shows.
The correct term to use about just fear of crowds is Demophobia but it is not that common in normal life use
I am a clausterohobic also and that is why you dont find me deep in caves. a few hundreds inside caves I have no problem but deep NO.

Is there somewhere in between where you feel comfortable, or are you trying to tell us that you are internally conflicted, a walking contradiction?

so you ask is there a place in between I feel comfortable? Oh absolutely yes. Wherevere there is no sarcastic negative hiker around,,, I feel great!!!

ChinMusic
10-25-2011, 22:56
Wherevere there is no sarcastic negative hiker around,,, I feel great!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sarcasm is not to be equated with negativism. Sure the subsets may overlap but they are not the same thing. One can be negative with or without being sarcastic. Now, sarchasm is my favorite form of posting, sometimes written to just entertain myself................

Miami Joe
10-26-2011, 00:22
Allow me to paraphrase "a fake gold coin that continues to circulate":confused:

Seriously?

Kookork
10-26-2011, 01:01
You know, we could say that about any group of people... and I'm sayin' it about KooKoo as I'm getting to know him (it is a him, right?)... and you know I mean KooKoo affectionately, and also because its the French pronunciation of Kookork (since you're living in Canada).

You know Kookork is the name of a rare middle eastern mountain partrige .So using kookoo is not far from the original name.They are both birds but real spelling is cuckoo I guess.

You call me kookoo, it sounds nice.

Kookork
10-26-2011, 01:24
Soheil, Your achievements are grand - but this is a social group. Most here, although being on the eastern shore are a tad cliquish, one only needs to be supportive, helpful, and friendly. Acceptance is earned, not requested - your approach is awkward, but keep in mind we are all here to exchange idea's and socialize and with good reason because we have a common interest. So go with peace, a friend request is coming....

My dear friend now:

I love to think my approach is unconventional . Even I am ok with eccentric but awkward? I have some issues with that term.

You are absolutely right that acceptance is earned and not requested. I am not requesting I am just trying to push it faster.
It is like there is a fire Baptism here and I want to cross the firegate faster to shorten the time.!!!

One thing is for sure in my summary. I am not conventional and I am ok with it. I am sarcastic and I am not ok with it. I answer a slap in the face by a kick in the groin and I am more than ok with it. I never start to fight or attack or at least I think I am like that.

I focus on intentions and not the words. I am sometimes too focused on reading between the lines that I forget to read the lines!!!! and I am NOT ok with it.

stranger
10-26-2011, 02:09
Good work everyone...let's keep this going!

Doc Mike
10-26-2011, 08:57
This has to be the most wacked out post yet. I can't blieve all of you who are answering/conversing with an obvious troll. I guess to much time in front of the computer can do this to you. How many of you would have guessed that Kookork is a made up character from another member of this board................

scope
10-26-2011, 11:07
This has to be the most wacked out post yet. I can't blieve all of you who are answering/conversing with an obvious troll. I guess to much time in front of the computer can do this to you. How many of you would have guessed that Kookork is a made up character from another member of this board................

Well, then, somebody other than all of us REALLY has too much time on their hands!

Personally, I agree with what you think is obvious, but I also think most folks here are showing a great deal more sensitivity for what could be than they are ever given credit for. (as a whole, myself maybe not included)

hikerboy57
10-26-2011, 11:12
This has to be the most wacked out post yet. I can't blieve all of you who are answering/conversing with an obvious troll. I guess to much time in front of the computer can do this to you. How many of you would have guessed that Kookork is a made up character from another member of this board................interesting you should add to the conversation to suggest the whole thread is bogus. If what you say is true(and I dont believe it is), the poster has created quite a character, complete with misunderstandings of common american idoms and culture. in any case, its almost like a train wreck you cannot look away from.and you're participating too. to add a new level of intrigue!

hobby
10-26-2011, 11:30
I think we've all been wrong here at some point,otherwise we'd all be ultra- lite- winter- speed- hammockers.I know Ive been wrong once(or twice?)

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken

Kookork
10-26-2011, 14:51

I have no clue why you are jealous and what achievement of mine!!!! in this site made your ... start to burn but obviously you are jealous so for your jealousy I recommend you to pay a visit to Iamjealous.com and ask for advice. Trust Me, You will enjoy your life after tackling your jealousy issue.
You wrote and I quote: kookork is a made up character of another member of this board.
Some posts make me laugh despite the intention of the poster and your post put a long lasting smile on my face. Conspiracy?
Seriously?
Is this all you had to bring?
Have you looked at your birth certificate in last 30 years? You are 46 years old for god sake!!!!
but don’t worry I am here to help:
Forget about Iamjealous.com and pay a visit to IamanIdiot.com and remember please don’t push the button that says “I need help” push the one that says” I need Serious help”

Blissful
10-26-2011, 15:00
Maybe we can get back to hiking ideas and helps on this forum - this is what the General forum is for. When it deteriorates to name calling, time to move on or close the thread.

Doc Mike
10-26-2011, 15:26
I have no clue why you are jealous and what achievement of mine!!!! in this site made your ... start to burn but obviously you are jealous so for your jealousy I recommend you to pay a visit to Iamjealous.com and ask for advice. Trust Me, You will enjoy your life after tackling your jealousy issue.
You wrote and I quote: kookork is a made up character of another member of this board.
Some posts make me laugh despite the intention of the poster and your post put a long lasting smile on my face. Conspiracy?
Seriously?
Is this all you had to bring?
Have you looked at your birth certificate in last 30 years? You are 46 years old for god sake!!!!
but don’t worry I am here to help:
Forget about Iamjealous.com and pay a visit to IamanIdiot.com and remember please don’t push the button that says “I need help” push the one that says” I need Serious help”

See I can call myself names on here.....stay tuned

Kookork
10-26-2011, 17:29
interesting you should add to the conversation to suggest the whole thread is bogus. If what you say is true(and I dont believe it is), the poster has created quite a character, complete with misunderstandings of common american idoms and culture. in any case, its almost like a train wreck you cannot look away from.and you're participating too. to add a new level of intrigue!
You write and I quote: the poster has created quite a character, complete with misunderstandings of common american idoms and culture.
Once in this thread I mentioned that I have been in North America just for 5 years so it is quite possible that I have some misunderstanding about American Culture. There are people born and raised here and still don't have a good grsp of it just like you.

After all I have been In Canada and not USA but misunderstanding about common American Idioms?
Where did I use an American Idioms first and If so enlighten me about how you find it wrong?
In Iran if foreigners use one of our Idioms rightfully or wrongfully we just encourage them since It is a good sign that they are trying to adapt to the culture.
Anyway, Since I might be wrong I will wait for your answer about my question but if you were wrong Then I have a website recommendation for you to visit!!.

ChinMusic
10-26-2011, 17:35
In Iran if foreigners use one of our Idioms rightfully or wrongfully we just encourage them since It is a good sign that they are trying to adapt to the culture.
Anyway, Since I might be wrong I will wait for your answer about my question but if you were wrong Then I have a website recommendation for you to visit!!.

You're dong great. I think the fact that your English is so close to being spot on, it makes the little mistakes stand out. The reader takes you the wrong way instead of just realizing the wording is due to it being a second language.

hikerboy57
10-26-2011, 17:36
You write and I quote: the poster has created quite a character, complete with misunderstandings of common american idoms and culture.
Once in this thread I mentioned that I have been in North America just for 5 years so it is quite possible that I have some misunderstanding about American Culture. There are people born and raised here and still don't have a good grsp of it just like you.

After all I have been In Canada and not USA but misunderstanding about common American Idioms?
Where did I use an American Idioms first and If so enlighten me about how you find it wrong?
Anyway, Since I might be wrong I will wait for your answer about my question but if you were wrong Then I have a website recommendation for you to visit!!.Kookurk, i was referrring to the poster who claimed you were not who you say you were.My point was that someone had to go to great length to invent a character that used WORD for his first post, but then ran the gamut of grammatical errors, and an unfamiliarity with some things american, such as the wizard of Oz.Personally, I dont and havent doubted any of your claims, and it wasnt your use of idioms, rather your misinterpretation of our use of them..
I do agree, however, with blissful in terms of maybe this thread has run its course.although it doesnt seem like it sometimes, we're all here to help and to be helped. and i think you are too.now whats your base weight?

Kookork
10-26-2011, 18:06
You're dong great. I think the fact that your English is so close to being spot on, it makes the little mistakes stand out. The reader takes you the wrong way instead of just realizing the wording is due to it being a second language.

I call your post a constructive approach .

Is it that difficult for some of us(when we call ourselves HIKERS!!) to be nice? both on and off trail?

nufsaid
10-26-2011, 18:10
I answer a slap in the face by a kick in the groin and I am more than ok with it.

I focus on intentions and not the words. I am sometimes too focused on reading between the lines that I forget to read the lines!!!! and I am NOT ok with it.

Be cautious about kicking in the groin if there is a chance you are imagining the slap in the face. Not likely to end well.

Kookork
10-26-2011, 18:41
Kookurk, i was referrring to the poster who claimed you were not who you say you were.My point was that someone had to go to great length to invent a character that used WORD for his first post, but then ran the gamut of grammatical errors, and an unfamiliarity with some things american, such as the wizard of Oz.Personally, I dont and havent doubted any of your claims, and it wasnt your use of idioms, rather your misinterpretation of our use of them..
I do agree, however, with blissful in terms of maybe this thread has run its course.although it doesnt seem like it sometimes, we're all here to help and to be helped. and i think you are too.now whats your base weight?

So bro you know how to use a smooth approach. I am happy. I am here to hike AT and make friends along the way.
It is meaningless to find myself just in two positions here, either I am defending or I am offending.

I look back to my intention for being here and start to scratch my head.

Anyway, Base weight of mine if I am right should be something like this: Backpack 8 pounds, sleeping bag summer 2 pounds winter 3.5 sleeping pad: I tossed it the last hiking it was a self inflatable thermarest which by the end of the last hike was punctured from 30 different places now I use noninfalatable which is a pound.

Tent: It is a 2 person Lightning Sierra design that is about 4.5 pounds with its tarp if not more.

So I have carried totall of about 17 pounds.It is ridicilously heavy but It is what it is. For AT thru-hike I need to purchase almost everything again. I havent carried or used water filter or water tablets in my whole hiking life( I used them while in army ). The days that I have experinced gastrointestinal problems due to untreated water in my North American experiences? Zero( so far of coarse!!!).

hikerboy57
10-26-2011, 19:34
you've definitely made some friends here. see you on the trail.

ChinMusic
10-26-2011, 19:39
I call your post a constructive approach .

I pace myself.

Kookork
10-27-2011, 01:10
See I can call myself names on here.....stay tuned

Oh, dont hesitate to call yourself whatever you want . Who is going to stop you ?

Kookork
10-27-2011, 01:13
Be cautious about kicking in the groin if there is a chance you are imagining the slap in the face. Not likely to end well.
You have a point but a what a guy will do to answer to a groin kick when his answer to slap in the face is a kick to groin? Moral equation says better to think twice but anyway, your point taken and thank you.

Doc Mike
10-27-2011, 03:27
Ok for those of you a little slow. I made up Kookork, He is a demented figment of my imagination. I will continue to entertain in 2 persons. baha baha hahahahahahaha

moytoy
10-27-2011, 06:36
Bear Scat...

daddytwosticks
10-27-2011, 07:20
Whiteblaze is cyberspace...an anonymous hole. When you are out on the trail, you are a hiker. Any hiker I meet is my friend and gets the benefit of the doubt. :)

scope
10-27-2011, 11:18
Ok for those of you a little slow. I made up Kookork, He is a demented figment of my imagination. I will continue to entertain in 2 persons. baha baha hahahahahahaha

You know, there's medication out there that can help you? :-?

ChinMusic
10-27-2011, 11:27
Ok for those of you a little slow. I made up Doc Mike, He is a demented figment of my imagination. I will continue to entertain in 3 persons. baha baha hahahahahahaha

sbhikes
10-27-2011, 12:21
I'm really confused. It seems either there have been a few new people to join whiteblaze or else there are some new matty-like characters on whiteblaze. Or both. Anyway, the biggest mistake you can make is to think that anybody on an internet forum actually wants to get to know you.

hikerboy57
10-27-2011, 13:15
Ok for those of you a little slow. I made up Chin Music, He is a demented figment of my imagination. I will continue to entertain in 3 persons. baha baha hahahahahahaha.

Gray Blazer
10-27-2011, 15:15
Anyway, the biggest mistake you can make is to think that anybody on an internet forum actually wants to get to know you.

Thank you. Be careful who you meet out in the woods from WB or any other internet forum.

Nutbrown
10-27-2011, 16:24
and I can NEVER get back those minutes of reading this post!

Kookork
10-27-2011, 17:14
I'm really confused. It seems either there have been a few new people to join whiteblaze or else there are some new matty-like characters on whiteblaze. Or both. Anyway, the biggest mistake you can make is to think that anybody on an internet forum actually wants to get to know you.

If you pay attention to the title of this thread it says: Please, Try to know me for better uderstanding . so it shows you that I am aware that people are not here to know me or anybody else. They are here for different reasons and it is not my business to ask their reason but I prefer to be an open book and ask my fellow hikers to know me better. It is hard to find mistakes of a closed book Open it and ask others to read and they show you some mistakes that you never could have ever imagined.

But , for the part that people are not here to know me, you are right but I dont think it is the biggest mistake. It is just a remote possibility that some are here to know others. BIGgest mistake should be at least BIG.

Kookork
10-27-2011, 17:16
and I can NEVER get back those minutes of reading this post!

Considering there was no gun behind your head to force you to read why didn't you stop earlier?

Kookork
10-27-2011, 17:29

Dude, You threw a jab, I kicked you in the groin. Now you are threwing another half baked JAB again?

What should I do with you ? Mental maturity does not necessarily come as fast as physical one, you better know it ( it is not too late for you man, you can do it. Dont do it for me!!!, Do it for the sake of others).

I dont answer your jabs not because I feel pitty for you(Honestly ,I do ) but because kicking you again neither gives me joy nor is fair.

Cookerhiker
10-28-2011, 08:38
Ok for those of you a little slow. I made up Chin Music, He is a demented figment of my imagination. I will continue to entertain in 3 persons. baha baha hahahahahahaha.

Is that all because you still haven't gotten over being hit by a pitch in Little League?:D

hikerboy57
10-28-2011, 08:45
if you see a thru hiker wearing a batting helmet, you'll know why.

Nutbrown
10-28-2011, 09:51
Considering there was no gun behind your head to force you to read why didn't you stop earlier?

Quit being so grumpy dude, I was only joking.