PDA

View Full Version : Tents - Specifically Mountain Hardwear

Cookerhiker
10-25-2011, 21:13
I'm currently negotiating with Mountain Hardwear re. my tent warranty and they've offered me big discounts on a few tents, namely Sprite 1 and Lightpath 2. Has anyone had any experience with these two? I'm leaning to the Sprite.

The issue under warranty is a hole in the floor of my Mountain Hardwear PCT 2. There's also a hole in the fly but MH says that UV damage and thus not covered under warranty.

fireneck
10-26-2011, 02:08
I will have a Sprite 1 on Nov. 29th (my birthday) and can give you a full review then, if you don't mind a the wait. I've only seen one review of the Sprite 1 on youtube... it was done by a real young kid, it's worth a watch if you are thinking of buying one. Check it out here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9cbed8zsIo).

rpenczek
10-27-2011, 11:30
I own and use a Lightpath III that I received as a replacement for a deffective fly on a no longer produced MH tent. I only use this tent when I am sharing space with another adult, otherwise, I use my Tarptent Rainbow. The Lighpath III is my third MH tent, and each have proven to be totally and completely weatherproof. Other than the fly defect on the one tent, I have not had troubles and MH took care of me ASAP on the one issue (the tent they replaced was 5 years old). Anyway, the Lightpath III is comfortable, roomy, and a decent weight for the size (three person).

The materials are the exact same on both tents you mention, but, as you know, the Lightpath II is one pound more in weight. I would go with the Lighpath II and trade the one pound for the extra space (and ability to share with a friend), but you must choose based on your style of hiking/camping.

Cookerhiker
10-27-2011, 11:46
Rpenczek, thanks so much for your very helpful reply.