PDA

View Full Version : Portland Screening of 2000 Miles to Maine March 19th

Mausalot
03-01-2005, 12:16
Free Screenings of 2000 Miles to Maine: Adventures on the Appalachian Trail

As part of the South Portland Public Library’s One/Community One book Program centered around A Walk in the Woods and the Appalachian Trail, I will be on hand for the screening of my film at 6:30 on Saturday March 19th. The screening will take place in Jewett Auditorium at Southern Maine Community College, 2 Fort Road, South Portland.

Anyone in the area should check out all of the events in March at
There will be another screening in New York City at EMS on Broadway (just south of Houston Street) on March 24th at 7pm.

Finally, a May Trail Days screening at 1pm Rock School Auditorium

About the Movie

Douglas Morse, the director of 2000 Miles to Maine, was inspired by Bryson’s book to head to the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail in Georgia. Morse and producer Heide Estes became fascinated with all of the hikers they met in just the first few miles. Troy was leaving the trail after his second attempt, and Jack, a veteran thru-hiker was stuck with an angry dog. Other favorite characters include ‘Malice in Wonderland’ and his brother ‘Kentucky,’ who are the Cheech and Chong of the A.T.
On the first day out, the filmmakers meet Chad, an easy going guy in excellent shape who is tempted to walk off the trail after just a few days. As Chad struggles with his journey north, he becomes the audience’s eyes and ears on the way to Mount Katahdin, more than 2000 miles from Springer Mountain in Georgia

Mausalot
03-01-2005, 12:24
Here is the proper link for the website (http://www.southportlandlibrary.com/OCOB.php)for the library (and can someone tell me how to edit my posts. I can't find the button)

Freeze
03-01-2005, 21:25
I met kentucky at traildays 2004, and he had no idea he was in the film.

Freeze
03-01-2005, 21:28
Great film by the way. I've watched the dvd so many times, it won't play through anymore.

Mausalot
03-02-2005, 21:50
If yer erious about this, drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a new disk.

Glad you enjoy it!!!

D