PDA

View Full Version : Fbi clears papa smurf and other hikers

TD55
10-26-2011, 23:17
According to The Nelson County Times FBI spokesperson Dee Rybiski has stated that none of the hikers mentioned in in the Scott Lilly investigation release are suspects or persons of interest. They have all been contacted and spoken to.
Guess the pitch forks and torchs can be put away.

jeramie75
10-27-2011, 15:02
Was the the official cause of death ever declared?

WingedMonkey
10-27-2011, 15:09
Must be a new record that the FBI received so many false reports from a web site that they actually had to put an end to rumors.

IrishBASTARD
10-27-2011, 15:54
In other words they did not have enough information to charge them...regardless Papa's actions at other events did not make him an innocent. Regardless if they were involved or not the FBI is not the best policing force...remember their biggest Director was a drag queen.

Nutbrown
10-27-2011, 16:01
Nothin wrong with drag queens.

beakerman
10-27-2011, 16:31
In other words they did not have enough information to charge them...regardless Papa's actions at other events did not make him an innocent. Regardless if they were involved or not the FBI is not the best policing force...remember their biggest Director was a drag queen.

so what are you trying to say...he should be railroaded for something he didn't do because you and some others have issues with him? That's what it sounds like. So much for due process..if you're a crazy living inthe woods you must be the killer....excellent reasoning. (need sartalics installed) Yes it is true I don't know what he did to you with your "run in" with him and honestly I don't really care--even if it came to throwing punches--that's a far cry form murder.

beakerman
10-27-2011, 16:31
oh and I agree with nutbrown..nothing wrong with drag queens...I just don't want to date one.

Sierra Echo
10-27-2011, 16:36
oh and I agree with nutbrown..nothing wrong with drag queens...I just don't want to date one.

Goodness!!! I'm glad you said something. I was thinking about asking you out!

TD55
10-27-2011, 16:46
The person that was railroaded was never accused of an actual act of violence or theft. He was accused of being "creepy" and strange and having some alcohol and war veteran issues. Other than that the only thing he did was have a dispute with a service provider who did a cyber bully act on him with a one sided story of a dispute.

Pedaling Fool
10-27-2011, 17:13
The FBI does have a police force, but they're not a "policing force". And actually the FBI is a worldclass organization, but even the best of the best don't solve all cases. If you think about it solving crimes is a tough thing to do, it's only through the systematic application of lessons learned over the years and science, to say the least...

But even with all that if there is no (or very little) evidence (not saying that's the case here, just don't know) what can you do. This happened outdoors and the scene was exposed to the elements. Imagine 100 years ago it was easy to get away with murder, through lessons learned and science it's harder to get away with it, but still many do get away with murder, about 6,000 a year just in the U.S. http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2010/may/24/unsolved-homicides/

Personally I'm impressed with how many they do solve, and that's all thanks to many very professional people that are doing a job in which the bad guy, by nature, has the advantage, but that has been and still is changing.

Pedaling Fool
10-27-2011, 17:16
I don't argue that this papa smurf guy is an ass hole, but he really shouldn't be discussed anymore WRT this case.

TD55
10-27-2011, 17:30
I never said he must be the killer did I...dont put words into my mouth. WIthout information anyone is innocent..due process please. We hunt our own people and charge them...DUE PROCESS doesnt exist. The PATRIOT ACT has cancelled that out...instead of whining read up on the removal of civil rights offered to Americans. I was saying he is unstable from what I had read...therefore might have become violent. Also reading he had to be calmed down by one of his own...he doesnt belong in the woods but in a home. He to me is either a liar...saying he was a Marine VERY FEW marines ever talk of service to anyone but fellow Marines. He seemed to brag and brag about his adventures...people who brag are usually liars looking for attention. But please feel free to look up the PATRIOT ACT...it will sho you "due process" doesnt exist in the real world anymore. No I never said anything was wrong but Hoover...was a sadistic monster regardless if he liked dresses or not.

Nobody ever said he bragged about his war exploits. The only one to mention that he was a decorated combat Marine was me. He does not brag or talk about his actions during the war. He doesn't have to. He shows a DD214 that gives his unit and time of service to a fellow nam vet and thats enough.
You should learn to know what you are talking about before slandering a person, especialy when you are slandering a guy that gave his blood and youth so you could have the right slander if that is your thing, weakness, hang-up or whatever.

Sarcasm the elf
10-27-2011, 17:52
No offense intended to anyone, but I think that a lot of the posts in these multiple threads/discussions have clearly crossed the line from legitimate discussions about trail safety concerns to gossiping about individual hikers.

TD55
10-27-2011, 18:00
No offense intended to anyone, but I think that a lot of the posts in these multiple threads/discussions have clearly crossed the line from legitimate discussions about trail safety concerns to gossiping about individual hikers.

I qgree. It's to bad that kind of thinking wasn't implemented when this guy was being gossiped about and slandered. It seems fair that now that he has been cleared some effort should be made to recognize his unfair treatment and to set the record straight.

Kookork
10-27-2011, 18:08
so what are you trying to say...he should be railroaded for something he didn't do because you and some others have issues with him? That's what it sounds like. So much for due process..if you're a crazy living inthe woods you must be the killer....excellent reasoning. (need sartalics installed) Yes it is true I don't know what he did to you with your "run in" with him and honestly I don't really care--even if it came to throwing punches--that's a far cry form murder.

I have never met Papa smurf but I followed the story carefully.

If suddenly you have heard that there has been a murder case in AT(God Forbid) I bet he was the first person to come to your mind, why ? because he is a bully, not because he is a murderer. He paid the price for being a bully not being a Vietnam War veteran.
Vietnam war veterans do not force people to feed them but there is chance he has been in the war and for the sake of his barvery he should be evaluated and treated respectully but not in the woods with a bunchof innocent hikers.

If he has been in the war and if he has PTSD then goverment should take care o his issues and not the hikers that are spending all of their savings to do a hike and enjoy a few days or weeks or months.

He was questioned and released. they did not question others beause they are not neither eccentric nor bully.

kanga
10-27-2011, 18:19
Nobody ever said he bragged about his war exploits. The only one to mention that he was a decorated combat Marine was me. He does not brag or talk about his actions during the war. He doesn't have to. He shows a DD214 that gives his unit and time of service to a fellow nam vet and thats enough.
You should learn to know what you are talking about before slandering a person, especialy when you are slandering a guy that gave his blood and youth so you could have the right slander if that is your thing, weakness, hang-up or whatever.
bull****. i said it.

TD55
10-27-2011, 18:19
Geez, it never ends. In Kookorks last sentence he claims this guy was picked up and released and that none of the other hikers were questioned. All of the hikers were questioned, none was up and "released". All the Papa Smurfs were questioned and it is not clear that the one in question here was even in the area or the one the FBI sought. Your post is just full of made up BS. Perhaps that makes you not feel quilty for having slandered and innocent person. Why not just man up.
"

TD55
10-27-2011, 18:22
bull****. i said it.

He told you he was a nam vet. Did he tell you a specific war story or incident?

kanga
10-27-2011, 18:23
he told us all several. in fact, his drunk, angry ass was just stumbling around cornering people telling them how badass he thinks he is.

TD55
10-27-2011, 18:26
Get it straight. He was accused of bragging about his war exploits and telling war stories. Thats not the same as telling peo;le you are a bad ass or that you are a vet. He has been accused of telling war stories. Did he tell you one?

WingedMonkey
10-27-2011, 18:27
Wow!!!! a stumbling drunk at a hiker feed...how unusual.

:rolleyes:

TD55
10-27-2011, 18:36
Well, pm me one and I'll tell you if it's true or not.