PDA

View Full Version : Where is antigravitygear?

Connie
03-01-2005, 14:52
I tried antigravitygear.com and nobody was home. Is everything okay?

I like antigravitygear. I like antigravity gear stuff.

TDale
03-01-2005, 15:01
Came right up for me. Looks like they updated the site. Maybe you just hit them at downtime.

http://www.antigravitygear.com/

Connie
03-01-2005, 15:40
I still do not get them. Do I need javascript? This old browser doesn't have javascript.

Do I need to accept more cookies?

The Cheat
03-01-2005, 16:10
I still do not get them. Do I need javascript? This old browser doesn't have javascript.

Do I need to accept more cookies?
I shut down all my scripting, cookies, etc... and it still works.

Clear your cache, that might fix it.

If that doesn't work, are you using AOL? If so, they have their own cache, you will need to temporarily dial into a different phone number so you won't hit a cached copy of the site.

Connie
03-01-2005, 17:13
I cleaned the cache, using Tracks Eraser Pro. Full of stuff.

I still do not get in.

I have a new trialware Kerio firewall. I disabled it. Not getting in.

I have Ad Shield pop-up blocker. I disabled it. Not getting in.

I will run Spybot Search& Destroy.

I will have to get back to this to do that.

Thank you, for all help.

If I can't get in. Reluctantly, it goes off my website.

I do not link to websites that have excessive popups, and other bad things.

I will have to get back to this, this afternoon and evening.

baseballswthrt
03-01-2005, 17:27

I still do not get in.

Thank you, for all help.

And you use AOL???? LOL! It comes up for me. I used to have trouble with AOL. Once I got rid of it, I could do anything I wanted on the 'net. I am married to a computer geek and he is fussy about pop up, cookies, etc. Once I got rid of AOL, I got less spam and less viruses.

The Cheat
03-01-2005, 17:36

I still do not get in.

Thank you, for all help.

I think removing the link might be a bit presumptive. As you've seen, the problem was not being caused by any of your software detecting malware, etc... and I can assure you if there were any excessive popups or other bad things I would know as I am also very careful about such things. Since you've tried just about everything on your PC, I would tend to think your ISP is at fault. They might have messed up their DNS server or they've cached a bad page.

I looked into the dns server information on antigravitygear.com and it looks like some dns servers have an old ip for them, or maybe the port number is incorrect. Perhaps they just changed ip addresses and it hasn't been updated everywhere.

Let us know if you have any success. :-?

The Cheat
03-01-2005, 17:37
And you use AOL???? LOL! It comes up for me. I used to have trouble with AOL. Once I got rid of it, I could do anything I wanted on the 'net. I am married to a computer geek and he is fussy about pop up, cookies, etc. Once I got rid of AOL, I got less spam and less viruses.

AOL _is_ a virus! :datz

TDale
03-01-2005, 17:42
I looked into the dns server information on antigravitygear.com and it looks like some dns servers have an old ip for them, or maybe the port number is incorrect. Perhaps they just changed ip addresses and it hasn't been updated everywhere. :-?
That problem has been running around the internet for a while. Good catch.

Doctari
03-01-2005, 17:47
Im at the public library, it came up just fine for me. Old, very abused, off brand computer with limited RAM & etc. Cookies get removed once a year weather they need to or not :)

I can offer no suggestions, sorry.

Doctari.

Mags
03-01-2005, 18:00
That problem has been running around the internet for a while. Good catch.

Yep..it can take 24-72 hrs for most ISPs to have their cache updated with the new info .In some instances, the cache can be flushed to speed up the process. Larger ISPs (such as AOL) tend to take longer to have their cache updated.

Computer geek tips of the day since we are on this topic:

1) You may want to consdier getting a less restrictive and problematic ISP than AOL. Not only is it more expensive, but the customer service can be lousy. Too many problems with AOL interacting with the internet as a whole. Many non-standard way of doing things. Etc.

2) If you are Windows user, stop using Internet Explorer...now! Switch to Mozilla Firefox.

Smaller, lighter, user friendly, will import your user settings from IE. Has tabbed browsing, built in pop-up blockers, some other goodies AND (my favorite part), you are less likely to get spyware as Firefox is not integrated into Windows like IE. It also runs on Macs and Linux. www.mozilla.org

3) If you are a Windows user and have been using IE, you are probably infected with Spyware. Download Spybot S&D and Ad-aware. Running both of these programs tends to clean out the system.

4) Finally I never cared for Norton and Mcaffee for virus-checking. Resource hogs, expensive, and eventually you have to pay to update your subscription. Does not catch Spyware. A great little FREE virus checker is AntiVir (for windows).
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download955.html

The interface ain't pretty but it is easy to use, does not hog up system resources and is beig updated. The personal edition is free. The company hopes you like it so much, you'll get it for business.

That is how I set up all my friends' and family members' machines. Why? Because if I do these steps they are less likely to call me up! :D

Back to my hiker trash mode.

MisterSweetie
03-01-2005, 18:44
Great suggestions Mags. I love FireFox. They just released v1.0.1, so if you're using and haven't updated lately, do so.

Connie
03-01-2005, 20:20
Newest Spybot Search and Destroy says nope, no spyware, malware, or other known nasties.

Everything is squeeky clean.

I just did a "factory image" refresh yesterday, or so.

I am trying out Kerio, because it is "smaller" and I have a small notebook computer.

I have F-Prot for Windows: I am not turning THAT off.

I don't have A O double LL. How'd that start? :rolleyes:

I am online on highspeed wireless at a coffeeshop.

I have MSIE6 (ugh) Netscrape, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera and Arachne DOS browser.

I do think it extreme to pull a link, especially so, when I admire their store so much.

I haven't been able to get in for quite a few days, since the broken link meister reported a bad link.

I couldn't believe it.

I have been going back, and back, and back. AND BACK.

Finally, I turned to my friends here: whazzup!

I wonder if the high speed zrnetservice wireless service has a "cache" ..spose so.. I have sent a text message to the owner-tech support-chief cook and bottle washer's cellphone.

hikerjohnd
03-01-2005, 20:21
I used the link from your website and got in - the problem seems to be on your system... Don't cut off a quality store - people can still get tehre from your site!!!:sun

Connie
03-01-2005, 20:46
so far ..I can't get there from here :rolleyes:

Well, you guys can get there. And, you can get there from my website.

I guess that's all that matters, for now. I want to buy something!

hikerjohnd
03-01-2005, 20:47
so far ..I can't get there from here :rolleyes:

Well, you guys can get there. And, you can get there from my website.

I guess that's all that matters, for now. I want to buy something!
Just send me your money...:D

Connie
03-01-2005, 20:50
..only if you are the antigravitygear-guy, or his mother ;)

hikerjohnd
03-01-2005, 20:51
..only if you are the antigravitygear-guy, or his mother ;)
you can't blame a guy for trying! :D