PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Kestrel 58 - how do you???

theoilman
10-29-2011, 11:51
How do you reach the side water bottle pockets when on the go? I have found I can get a bottle out of the pocket but how do you get it back in with the pack on your back while on the go? (I am not as young or flexible as many here on WB, 64, 6', 185.)

lunatic
10-31-2011, 09:43
Unfortunately, you don't get to them on the go unless you are super flexible (youth aside)! This is one of the few drawbacks of several Osprey packs.

Nutbrown
10-31-2011, 13:52
get a resevoir and slide is in the pouch in the pack. Tube mounts on the shoulder. There are 1 and 2 Lt bottle bags now. I like that they roll into nothing when done.

theoilman
10-31-2011, 20:02
I have found I can get a bottle out on the go, and today walking I was able to get it started back in, though I couldn't get it all the way in.
I had considered the reservoir/bladder, but I am not a straw or tube drinker, it's just not my thing.
Thanks.

Papa D
10-31-2011, 22:32
I have a 60 liter Osprey Pack - about the same - I can reach back and get my Gatoraid bottle out fine (side one) - my Nalgene bottle (side 2) is harder and I have to take my pack off. I carry the Nalgene in the cold to make a nighttime hot water bottle - Gatoraid bottles slide in and out fine.

ekeverette
11-01-2011, 07:54
i have a osprey 70... and i put mine in the side part of the bottle holder, not the top. i can get mine in and out with little trouble.