PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Recreation Survey

nearperfectwrists
10-31-2011, 09:39
Hey-

My friend and I are doing a survey for one of our college classes analyzing the correlations between people who participate in outdoor sports and their involvement in environmental awareness. If you guys could take just five minutes to fill it out it would be such a huge help! We need as much data as we can and the more people who fill it out, the better. Thanks so much!

nearperfectwrists
10-31-2011, 09:42
Also! It's all anonymous so your identity won't be revealed to us and all of the information gathered will be destroyed after the completion of the survey!

Kerosene
10-31-2011, 09:45
So where is your survey?

Tinker
10-31-2011, 10:17
Environmental Awareness does not automatically denote active participation in the preservation of the environment. Aside from all of the petroleum-based hiking gear I use, I try to burn as little fuel as possible in my car (though a long drive to a trailhead would be considered hypocritical to a rabid environmentalist). My car gets 40 mpg. It's a Toyota Echo with over 200,000 miles on it and it has a standard transmission to squeeze that extra 2 mpg out of the 1.5l engine. I recycle as much as my local trash collectors will take (they won't take any plastic numbered higher than 2 for some reason - $$$$$$$$ maybe? ;)). I most often use an alcohol burning stove (mostly because it's lighter and simpler, but it gives me the warm fuzzies knowing that alcohol doesn't have to be obtained by drilling a mile through rock and all the energy and fuel that takes). Mostly, I do the above because I have made the choice not to chase money and therefore have little, so I have to watch what I spend.
Should we all be cash poor? It would hurt our consumerist economy, besides, many of my fellow Americans (US citizens, at least, not necessarily those in SA or Canada) wouldn't dream of DOING WITHOUT (God forbid!) all the creature comforts we take for granted. God bless the USA and help those who take its blessings for granted.
Boy! am I in a strange mood today!!!! :sun Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

Here's MY link, where's YOURS (that's right, I'm shouting! now BE HAPPY!!!!).

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=ren+and+stimpy+happy+happy+joy+joy

4eyedbuzzard
10-31-2011, 10:19
So where is your survey?
I'm thinking you have to email or PM the OP with an email address.

To the OP: Most people doing a survey post a link to a survey site. Makes it easier for those surveyed, you get more participants, and the anonymity is better assured

4eyedbuzzard
10-31-2011, 10:27
... My car gets 40 mpg. It's a Toyota Echo with over 200,000 miles on it and it has a standard transmission to squeeze that extra 2 mpg out of the 1.5l engine...
Boy! am I in a strange mood today!!!! :sun Happy, happy, joy, joy!!
Yes, but have you considered the extra energy consumed moving your leg and arm to shift? And the energy consumed producing and packaging the food to fuel those movements? And what of clutch dust? Is their an offset - less brake dust due to downshifting and engine braking?

Tinker
10-31-2011, 10:43
Yes, but have you considered the extra energy consumed moving your leg and arm to shift? And the energy consumed producing and packaging the food to fuel those movements? And what of clutch dust? Is their an offset - less brake dust due to downshifting and engine braking?
You have way too much time and not enough important things to do. :)

4eyedbuzzard
10-31-2011, 10:45
You have way too much time and not enough important things to do. :)Nah, I was just in a strange mood. :D

Tinker
10-31-2011, 10:48
I feel your pain...................

And once again..................http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=ren+and+stimpy+happy+happy+joy+joy (click on uncut version). :p

inavacuum
10-31-2011, 11:28
Sorry for the confusion guys!!!

Here is the link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dC1YOHJJdHM4WUVkSnloQzdwdjVaamc6MQ#gid=0

4eyedbuzzard
10-31-2011, 11:34
Sorry for the confusion guys!!!

Here is the link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dC1YOHJJdHM4WUVkSnloQzdwdjVaamc6MQ#gid=0

That's okay. You're obviously in a vacuum or something.

G.G.
10-31-2011, 11:46
Done. Good luck on your project.

mgeiger
10-31-2011, 13:06
Done. Can you share results when you're done?

nearperfectwrists
10-31-2011, 13:39
Of course! We have to make an infographic based on our research. We'll post it when it's all done. Sorry about the confusion- it was way early and I totally spaced on putting the link to the survey in my post.