PDA

View Full Version : Google Offers $15 for $25 REI

blackbird04217
11-03-2011, 13:39
https://www.google.com/offers/home?x=MQAAAGwxWBxFCxkAQVG1Gm9sLtQj1ro27LxoNS5Iudm Pikdo7zfJF9_TVDtRV10BULTStbR3qiDUTRP5Qi5B0ZQm-uY#!details/68921397252fe74d/TZCFCGIEJYVXVF33 (https://www.google.com/offers/home?x=MQAAAGwxWBxFCxkAQVG1Gm9sLtQj1ro27LxoNS5Iudm Pikdo7zfJF9_TVDtRV10BULTStbR3qiDUTRP5Qi5B0ZQm-uY#%21details/68921397252fe74d/TZCFCGIEJYVXVF33)

Figured I'd link it; $10 off for someone who might want it.

PapaGarrettP
11-03-2011, 13:54
You beat me to posting it, blackbird! Awesome deal -- free money, if you buy gear from REI. I wonder if the dividend will be on the whole $25?

tridavis
11-03-2011, 14:44
Thanks man. Am going to get some supplies for a week long trip.

bobqzzi
11-03-2011, 16:33
Thank you very much!

atmilkman
11-03-2011, 17:17
Got it. Like PappaG says free money.

Rain Man
11-03-2011, 17:22
Got it. Like PappaG says free money.

No such thing as a free lunch. You have to agree to let Google do a credit check on you, in order for them to take your money! Every credit check can lower your credit score, costing you money.

A credit check to buy piddling amounts of goods? Talk about audacity! These big corporations know no limit to their audacity.

Rain Man

atmilkman
11-03-2011, 17:53
No such thing as a free lunch. You have to agree to let Google do a credit check on you, in order for them to take your money! Every credit check can lower your credit score, costing you money.

A credit check to buy piddling amounts of goods? Talk about audacity! These big corporations know no limit to their audacity.

Rain Man

It's also a way of REI working in conjunction with Google to lure people to their business. They are slick.

blackbird04217
11-03-2011, 19:37

Rain Man

I actually haven't bought into this yet as I am not sure I'd use it in time; very bad procrastinator- and by spending the $15 I'm really lining myself up to spend at least another $5+ just so I could get the $10 value. That said I've been seriously wondering what trick is up the sleeve; advertising is my answer; because nothing is truly free. That said, I can't see anywhere here where you agree to let google do a credit check on you - maybe I haven't gone far enough into things; but I haven't seen anything about any credit checks. Even still, it is "hard" credit checks that can [when done often over short time] lower your credit score. A single one-off credit check not too often, *usually*, won't effect anything, nor will "soft" credit checks.

Still I am curious where you found they ask you to agree for a credit check.

tridavis
11-03-2011, 20:34

Rain Man

Okay, how do they do a credit check without the proper info??? I filled the info out and it was not even basic info. Just an email, and cc info to pay for it.

Rain Man
11-03-2011, 20:46
Still I am curious where you found they ask you to agree for a credit check.

Read the "Terms of Service," which Google convenient checked the default box for you.

Rain Man