PDA

View Full Version : Greasy Creek Friendly

The Cleaner
11-05-2011, 23:45
I'm heading out on 11-11-11 southbound from 19E going to Erwin and maybe further.I've searched and cannot find a phone# or E-mail for the hostel @ Greasy Creek Gap.Is it open at this time?I thought I might stop by just for a meal even if I don't stay.Thanks for info if posted.BTW any WBers want to start Fri. or meet up down the trail:welcome If so PM me with you plans....:sun

Linesman
11-06-2011, 14:19
I see the phone number 828 688 9948 in my Companion. Do stop by for at least a meal, Connie makes a mean frozen pizza.

The Cleaner
11-06-2011, 14:26
I see the phone number 828 688 9948 in my Companion. Do stop by for at least a meal, Connie makes a mean frozen pizza. Thanks very much,I was just wondering if she's open this time of the year.....I'll call and find out....

Rain Man
11-06-2011, 19:21
I agree that the Greasy Creek Friendly is worth the stop. Connie, or "CC" or "Ceacy," is a really sweet hostess. If you call far enough ahead, she'll shop for you. She did for me and my daughter. We resupplied there with exactly what we liked, as a result. Also, as it was an off-season, we had a choice of the bunkhouse or spare room in the house. We stayed in the house. Cozy and hospitable, though a rustic mountain holler kinda place (fine by me). Never heard a peep out of the neighbor; only thing was his dogs barked a bit as we hiked by on the mountain road, but that's nothing unusual.

Rain:sunMan

Blissful
11-06-2011, 19:31
Connie is very friendly, but when I was there last year all I heard were stories about the whacked out, mad next door neighbor. He did zoom around at 4 AM on his four wheeler (I was out in the bunkhouse as the rooms were full). She stands in the window and waves at him. Would make for an interesting novel.

wornoutboots
11-07-2011, 23:06
I stayed there a few weeks ago & everything was Great! not a peep out of the neighbor & I even had a venison Steak & bake potaoes & an AMAZING salad for dinner + a hearty breakfast, I also stayed in the house, quiet & comfy. CC is a Wonderful host & she does hold packages for hikers if that helps. Follow the Green Lizards on the rocks to find her place, it's a neat & mysterious type of trek down a few old jeep roads to her place