PDA

View Full Version : Shallow hips sockets?

rjjones
11-06-2011, 10:54
Hadsome hip pain this year and got a hip x-ray.Report said "shallow hip sockets"?Anyone herd of this before or have the same thing and knows how to hike thru this seamingly odd ailgement?

moytoy
11-06-2011, 11:07
It's call hip dysplasia I believe. I don't have it (as far as I know) and I'm not qualified to give medical advice but you can try using trekking poles to help releave stress on your hip and walk slower.

Kerosene
11-06-2011, 14:05
I'm surprised that the doctor would not have suggested a physical therapy regimen to help strengthen core and leg muscles in at attempt to relieve some of the pain. I've had sporadic, but never debilitating, pain in my hip sockets at the start of some hikes. I wouldn't be surprised if my aches are due to overly taut hip flexors as I have a desk job. Ask your doctor about the potential of PT, and if you don't like the answer then get a second opinion.

rjjones
11-06-2011, 18:13
Actually,i am haveing work done for my back.Core strengtening,streatching,massage.I havent hiked for 3-4 weeks and its feeling a little better.I go back to my doctor on monday and i'm sure he will have something for me.I guess i'm trying to get someone else who has this to respond and say its not a problem.Wishfull thinking??But thanks for the info,Bob