PDA

View Full Version : Water situation between Davenport Gap and Erwin, TN

Transient Being
11-06-2011, 13:51
Looking to do this section in a week or two, anyone know where the water is? Thanks.

Transient Being
11-09-2011, 16:52
bump******

The Cleaner
11-09-2011, 19:28
On 10-17 the spring at Little Laurel Shelter was almost dry.Since then there hasn't been a lot of rain in this area and I would expect to find maybe the same situation till it rains several inches which is not forecast.I got reports from other hikers that Spring Mtn. shelter was not flowing too good either.Maybe a call to the outfitters in Hot Springs could give a more recent report of water conditions.Anyway a recent post said that there is good water at Jerry's Cabin shelter....

gpburdelljr
11-09-2011, 20:20
I often see questions about trail water conditions on Whiteblaze. The USGS has a website that will give you an idea of streamflow conditions, but unfortunately not spring conditions.
http://waterwatch.usgs.gov/new/index.php?r=ga&id=pa07d&sid=w__map%7Cm__pa07d_nwc
Select the state you want and it will give you an graphical representation, by hydrologic unit, for the last seven days compared to historical flows for the time of year. On the left you can also select a 14 day or 28 day period. The legend is on the bottom of the map.

Transient Being
11-09-2011, 23:32
thanks guys. Think I'm gonna call Curtis at Standing Bear (located near Davenport Gap) So if anybody else needs the info. let me know. Preciate the knowledge guys.