PDA

View Full Version : Electronic mouse repellant?

Newb
11-07-2011, 13:00
Anyone ever use one of those little electronic sonic repellers to keep mice away in shelters?

Slo-go'en
11-07-2011, 13:31
No, but it might work. With the cold weather setting in, I was getting fustrated with the mice getting into my attic and having a party over my head while I was trying to sleep. I finally put one of these ultrasonic things up in the area where I figured they were getting in there and haven't had a problem since. However, the one I have also makes an auditable wobbling noise with is quite annoying, but is suppost to keep larger critters away.

I might pick up a pair of the little wall socket plug in ones and see if it can be made battery operated without too much trouble and how much auditable noise it makes. Wall-mart here has a set for like $10.00 so not a lot to loose.

Spokes
11-07-2011, 16:04
From the Victor Rodent Repellent (http://www.victorpest.com/advice/all-about/victor-repellents/types-of-repellents) webpage:

"The most common mouse repellent mistake is using the devices alone to control an established infestation. Traps and rodenticides as well as sanitation and exclusion effort should be used in conjunction with ultrasonic repellents. In fact, ultrasonic mice repellent products can be used as a herding tool to force rodents into areas equipped traps and baits".

Last thing we need is a mouse "herding tool" in a shelter.

I say don't waste your money.