PDA

View Full Version : Water Update: Jerry's Cabin

doritotex
11-08-2011, 17:53
I know everyone is always wondering about water. I was at Jerry's Cabin yesterday on an in and out day hike via the Fork Ridge Trail. The piped spring was running great, the best that I have seen it in a while! I was expecting it to be low, but water there is good!
It was my first time on the Fork Ridge, a 2040 foot elevation gain in 2 miles, a nice short workout! I was surprised how nice and well maintained the trail was. Straight up with hardley any switchbacks, but a great trail!

10-K
11-08-2011, 18:10
I know everyone is always wondering about water. I was at Jerry's Cabin yesterday on an in and out day hike via the Fork Ridge Trail. The piped spring was running great, the best that I have seen it in a while! I was expecting it to be low, but water there is good!
It was my first time on the Fork Ridge, a 2040 foot elevation gain in 2 miles, a nice short workout! I was surprised how nice and well maintained the trail was. Straight up with hardley any switchbacks, but a great trail!

Last time I went up the Fork Ridge Trail there was a 12-18" of snow the last half mile or so. It was a tough slog!

A nice loop is to hike up the Fork Ridge Trail, make a left on the AT heading south and hike back down the Jerry Miller Trail. It's around 10 miles and includes the nice ridge walk between JC Shelter and LL Shelter.