PDA

View Full Version : Hostel owners about to lose house

Lion King
11-13-2011, 13:47
Dear hikers, I am posting this and asking you to help a family that has helped hikers for over ten years.

Including feeding them dinner and breakfast every day, driving them to and from the trail head, allowing them to stay at their home for days on end and never asking for a donation.

and as some of us know there are hikers who will use that for weeks if allowed to and never leave a penny,as well as one who stay and leave more then their share, but this family is two months behind on their mortgage and need our help.

They dont know I am doing this and I will not publicly say who it is, but if you have any interest in helping these folks out contact me at

dmonkeyprod (At) msn-dot-com

thanks.
LK

Wise Old Owl
11-13-2011, 16:44
Sorry to hear about John this way, Lion King, It's a good thing you are doing- but I think you should tell them..

Lion King
11-13-2011, 17:01
John? Not sure which John that is, so that means there are two families who need the people that they helped.

Wise Old Owl
11-13-2011, 17:14
No I thought you were talking about Hikers Welcome Hostel My apologies.

Lion King
11-13-2011, 17:15
Nah, Im pretty sure Packrat is A-ok

Slo-go'en
11-13-2011, 17:21
Sorry to hear that about anyone and maybe with sufficent donations it would hlep them in the short run. But if there is no long term solution, it would be like pissing into a leaking bucket.

Lion King
11-16-2011, 17:07
wow.

Not a single response.

Lone Wolf
11-16-2011, 18:32
wow.

Not a single response.they shoulda charged for their services maybe?

kayak karl
11-16-2011, 18:40
we are all hurtin' now. what makes these people that can't run a business special??

dmax
11-16-2011, 20:37
If they are running a business then they need to charge. If that doesn't work out then they need to find a real paying job, unfortunately.

It would also help to know what establishment you are referring to. There are some hostels that I feel that should have shut their doors years ago.

Hoofit
11-16-2011, 21:01
I'll take some cash if you're giving it away.......

kayak karl
11-16-2011, 21:16
funny how the tides have changed. last time i got blasted all the way to facebook.
if somebody don't pay them.
they should post "i was stupid and got ripped off, if you are stupid too, BEWARE"

Lion King
11-17-2011, 16:01
they are not a business, they are good people who help a lot of people out. they dont have a set price for anything they give it all out of the goodness of their hearts and have a donation only system.

They have real jobs, but they take hiker season to help the people who need them, and there are a lot of hikers who are there for days on end, go buy beer everyday, eat all their food etc... but wont leave a dime or lift a finger to help.

One of their jobs starts back in August but this year, due to the economy and by no fault of their own, it ended with no warning, if not for that they would not be in this situation and would be fine and be able to assist hundreds of hikers again next year, now probably not.

you can stuff your cynical comments in your boat

Wuff
11-17-2011, 16:04
Its so easy to be cold-hearted when you're staring at a computer screen, eh Lion King? I don't have funds to donate, but I hope they can keep doing what they love and feel passionate about.

Roland
11-17-2011, 16:44
wow.

Not a single response.

You're asking this forum to make mortgage payments of an undisclosed amount, for an unknown party, in an unknown town and state, (on your word that they are good people) and you're surprised we're not lining-up with our checkbooks?

There are more than a million US homes in foreclosure. They all would have liked a hand-out. If you're serious about helping your friends, Lion King, you're gonna have to make a better effort than that.

BTW, how much cash have you sent them? How much more do they need?

Lion King
11-17-2011, 16:53
You're asking this forum to make mortgage payments of an undisclosed amount, for an unknown party, in an unknown town and state, (on your word that they are good people) and you're surprised we're not lining-up with our checkbooks?

There are more than a million US homes in foreclosure. They all would have liked a hand-out. If you're serious about helping your friends, Lion King, you're gonna have to make a better effort than that.

BTW, how much cash have you sent them? How much more do they need?

If you'd learn to read you'd see on the original post to email me if you want to help.

The couple that have, have all that info now.

I am aware of how bad things are for others, I was basically homeless this year for 3 months. Dont help, dont even respond. if you want to help, follow instructions, if you want to be this way save it for some other thread where the nameless faceless idiots like to fight over stupid things that have no mater with complete strangers who have nothing better to do then congratulate themselves on being inconsiderate.

bamboo bob
11-17-2011, 20:34
Why the guessing game man, who are you talking about?

Lone Wolf
11-17-2011, 21:22
They have real jobs, but they take hiker season to help the people who need them, and there are a lot of hikers who are there for days on end, go buy beer everyday, eat all their food etc... but wont leave a dime or lift a finger to help no sympathy. hikers don't need help or need to be fed. they're on vacation for chrisake

sir limpsalot
11-23-2011, 20:55
no sympathy. hikers don't need help or need to be fed. they're on vacation for chrisake
yes...
and no........
the plea to help has a good source of credibility. it can be ignored, or looked into at one's discretion. it could well be a good thing to do..we are constantly hit with people asking for money; it's easy to get calloused. my only observation would be not to dump on someone associated with the good of the trail. move on if it's not your thing.

Del Q
11-23-2011, 22:01
Different spin, lets talk equity and debt, I am forced to work by numbers, what are we speaking about here?

Completely upside down or salvage-able?

PorkchopBob
11-23-2011, 22:04
Helping others is a way of helping our selves. Even a quiet prayer can make a difference. Good luck saving the hostel.

wornoutboots
11-23-2011, 22:08
if you want my help, here's what I can offer, I am a Real Estate Broker & I suggest they immediately place their home on the mkt as a short sale with a Broker. List it high & this will hold the bank at bay for 6-18 months, sometimes longer, this way they can live there rent free & only pay the utilities & that will give them some time to sock some $$ away to restart the next chapter of life. Wishin them the Best!!