PDA

View Full Version : Boots, Shoes, & Camp shoes

hikerjohnd
03-03-2005, 16:40
So with all the discussions about the supremecy of leather over trail runners and the ease of trail runners over leather, as a new trail runner wearer, I am wondering who wears trail runner type shoes and still uses camp shoes? images/smilies/think.gif I am trying to decide if my Crocs are going to stay home now that I have a much lighter shoe.

Footslogger
03-03-2005, 16:48
I am wondering who wears trail runner type shoes and still uses camp shoes? =========================================
I do ...and my personal choice of camp shoes are the Waldies. As light as they are, I still like untying and pulling off the trail shoes at the end of a long day. I like the feeling of a coolmax liner sock and my Waldies as I set up my tent, make dinner and get ready for a good night's rest.

'Slogger
AT 2003

anneandbenhike
03-03-2005, 16:54
Amen to Footslogger...I wear trail runners all day and LOVE to put my Waldies on at the end of the day. There is not a lighter pair of "comfi" shoes, and I can walk to the spring for water in them, air out my feet in them, and if I ever want to take a baggie bath, then I can wear them on my feet to keep from getting muddy. Wouldn't leave home without them! :)

chris
03-03-2005, 17:03
I don't. The runners are comfortable enough for me that I don't need a second pair of shoes at the end of the day. If I'm in camp for a while, I tend to go around barefoot anyways.

erichlf
03-03-2005, 17:08
I don't. The runners are comfortable enough for me that I don't need a second pair of shoes at the end of the day. If I'm in camp for a while, I tend to go around barefoot anyways. Barefoot is so much nicer anyway.

Mags
03-03-2005, 18:05
Don't forget a pair of Crocs weighs 12oz for their most popular model (and are bulky). Just something to think about.

If you want a pair of lightweight campshoes try using the facrtory inserts you discard anyway.

Nice, light (1-1.5 oz!), cheap, and DIY:

http://trailquest.net/sandals.html

Several people on the PCT wore them in 2002 with great
success. Even saw them used in town.

As with Chris, I no longer use camp shoes.

As always, YMMV.