PDA

View Full Version : LightHeart Gear Sale

HeartFire
11-14-2011, 07:24
Just want to let you all know, we are having a sale at LightHeart Gear.
Now thru Christmas, the Standard Solo's and the Duo's are on sale. This includes the wedge tents.
:sun
Solo's normally cost $245.00 - on sale now for $199.00
Duo's normally cost $295.00 - on sale now for $245.00

Not on sale are cuben fiber tents and SoLong 6 tent's (sorry)
www.lightheartgear.com (http://www.lightheartgear.com)

Thanks, Judy aka HeartFire of LightHeart Gear
p.s. I was told by the moderators that I can advertise the sale here

skinewmexico
11-14-2011, 11:33
Nice deal!

steveinator
11-14-2011, 14:23
The SoLong isn't on sale? :-(

Nick&Bruce
11-14-2011, 23:28
I ordered a Duo last week after debating between that and the SoLong 6. I can't wait to get it!

Razor
11-15-2011, 20:44
That just means you have to sew that much more, Judy! By the way the duo performed extradinary during our JMT hike . It was a jewel.

tuswm
12-31-2011, 20:59
I have a hard time visualizing the differences between the wedge and awning. does anyone have pictures side by side? I am interested in a non sol solo shelter in the 1 LB range. I dont like dealing with saturated sil in the winter. I mostly only have time to go out during the winter.

HeartFire
12-31-2011, 22:44
Tuswm,
I dont have side by side pictures of a wedge and awning, but if you look at the website,http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=10&zenid=2240de2aea8ab3fc043d3746d71d8b45
there are I think some fairly good photos of both. Do you mean that you are interested in a non SIL (silnylon) solo shelter? (you are interested in cuben fiber?) - if it's cuben fiber you are interested in then it's a moot point, I can't do a wedge in cuben. Feel free to email or pm me with any questions.
Judy - LightHeart Gear

leaftye
12-31-2011, 23:22
I've been wondering what the difference is for a long time. Is the Wedge just an Awning with a zipper?

HeartFire
12-31-2011, 23:44
I've been wondering what the difference is for a long time. Is the Wedge just an Awning with a zipper?
The wedge is essentially an "after market" modification put into the tents that were manufactured and are in stock, it converts the fly to an awning. The awning tents are "made from scratch" as an awning - and yes, the wedge essentially is an awning with a zippered section.

tuswm
01-01-2012, 17:00
Tuswm,
I dont have side by side pictures of a wedge and awning, but if you look at the website,http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=&products_id=10&zenid=2240de2aea8ab3fc043d3746d71d8b45
there are I think some fairly good photos of both. Do you mean that you are interested in a non SIL (silnylon) solo shelter? (you are interested in cuben fiber?) - if it's cuben fiber you are interested in then it's a moot point, I can't do a wedge in cuben. Feel free to email or pm me with any questions.
Judy - LightHeart Gear

I have a while to look at tents. I plan on doing three months on the PCT in 2013. I want a solo shelter in the 1 - 1+ lb range. I have never seen a cuben fiber tent in person but I am interested in the way people describe being able to just shake the water off like a sheet of plastic. But I am also interested in spinnaker fabric, like the gossamer gear "the one". It looks like an interesting tent. too bad there isnt somewhere I could go to see them side by side in person.

Thanks for the replies.
TusWM

Brouche
01-01-2012, 17:25
I have a while to look at tents. I plan on doing three months on the PCT in 2013. I want a solo shelter in the 1 - 1+ lb range. I have never seen a cuben fiber tent in person but I am interested in the way people describe being able to just shake the water off like a sheet of plastic. But I am also interested in spinnaker fabric, like the gossamer gear "the one". It looks like an interesting tent. too bad there isnt somewhere I could go to see them side by side in person.

Thanks for the replies.
TusWM

If you have time to wait, you could always go to Trail Days. Most manufacturers have tents for you to see in person.