PDA

View Full Version : Don Raines shuttle service

Majortrauma
11-16-2011, 11:46
I want to pass on an absolutely great experience with Don Raines. (540) 921-7433 The guy is a rock star and I can not recommend his shuttle service highly enough.
His motto is "Hiker friendly shuttle service, anytime, anywhere" is 100% accurate and his rates are VERY hiker friendly.
I had to arrange for him to pick me up much sooner than expected and he was on-site in very short time to get me. No complaints or even a hint of being annoyed that it was such short notice. And the man is a total gentleman, a real class act.
I'm sure there are other shuttle services out there in that area but I can't imagine how they could be better than Don's.
Thanks again Don and Semper fi!!

Ron Haven
11-16-2011, 12:03
I want to pass on an absolutely great experience with Don Raines. (540) 921-7433 The guy is a rock star and I can not recommend his shuttle service highly enough.
His motto is "Hiker friendly shuttle service, anytime, anywhere" is 100% accurate and his rates are VERY hiker friendly.
I had to arrange for him to pick me up much sooner than expected and he was on-site in very short time to get me. No complaints or even a hint of being annoyed that it was such short notice. And the man is a total gentleman, a real class act.
I'm sure there are other shuttle services out there in that area but I can't imagine how they could be better than Don's.
Thanks again Don and Semper fi!!give me his info and I will load it to other sites, thanks

Rain Man
11-16-2011, 12:21
I "second" the vote on Don "Ratface" Raines being a very helpful, friendly source of trail and town info in the Pearisburg area, in addition to being a handy shuttler.

You've got his phone number. His email is [email protected]. Plus, he's a member of WB.

Rain:sunMan

Majortrauma
11-16-2011, 13:27
His ph# is in my original post.
Thanks

Captain Blue
11-16-2011, 14:02
I used Don last month for a shuttle and had a similar great experience. I was about an hour late getting to Pearisburg. He was flexible enough to still do my shuttle that day. A big thank you to Don!

Del Q
11-16-2011, 20:48
Agreed, he is super. Helped me out in Pearisburg, in exchange I put his business cards, in zip lock bags, into shelters as far south as they lasted.

Really nice and dedicated man...........I paid him graciously. I was SOBO into Pearisburg, got caught out near dark, was going FAST for my age and capabilities, he met me ON THE TRAIL 100 yards or so from the parking lot and heading my way. Morning shuttle equally great.

ratfaceraines
11-17-2011, 14:49
as i've shared with many of the hikers i've shuttled, i enjoy being a small part in the hiker community. i look forward to meeting hikers. i appreciate those hikers that took the time(in particular-major trauma,usmc, ret.) to post blogs. i hope as time goes on i become better informed, more proficient and beneficial for the hiking experience. thank you all, again--look forward to meeting those i've not met, and meeting again those i have met. a.a.(anytime----anywhere), don r.

ratfaceraines
11-17-2011, 14:57
major, thanks alot for your blog entry(means alot coming from a marine)....you are a class act!!! people such as yourself make it that much more enjoyable for me. i hope to see you again, soon. don