PDA

View Full Version : trek : a journey of the appalachian trail

elytis
11-16-2011, 13:32
Anyone know where I can rent this movie? I am not willing to spend 21 bucks on a movie I have never seen and may not like. I have tried netflix and blockbuster and even amazon instant marketplace but I can't find it anywhere. Any help?

Papa D
11-16-2011, 13:41
You might try the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC) -- call the shop -- see if (trail name) Alpine is there - bet he'll hunt it down for you if they don't have it. Here's the # (888) 905-7238

DapperD
11-16-2011, 21:58
Anyone know where I can rent this movie? I am not willing to spend 21 bucks on a movie I have never seen and may not like. I have tried netflix and blockbuster and even amazon instant marketplace but I can't find it anywhere. Any help?Try your local library. It's very possible they will have it among other documentaries you can borrow.

Janeway
11-16-2011, 22:55
My local library didn't have it, so I got it on the Interlibrary Loan request. There are libraries from all around the country that participate and for $5 (to cover postage...it used to be free) you can get materials sent to your local branch. Since I couldn't rent it anywhere, I figured it was cheaper than $21 or whatever. It was definitely worth it--one of the better AT videos. I love the beginning showing them slogging through shin high mud (Vermont, maybe?).

DapperD
11-16-2011, 23:17
My local library didn't have it, so I got it on the Interlibrary Loan request. There are libraries from all around the country that participate and for $5 (to cover postage...it used to be free) you can get materials sent to your local branch. Since I couldn't rent it anywhere, I figured it was cheaper than $21 or whatever. It was definitely worth it--one of the better AT videos. I love the beginning showing them slogging through shin high mud (Vermont, maybe?).Yeah I also thought it was an excellent AT video. And if people are not so sure they would want to purchase it, they can first view some selected scenes which have been up on you tube for awhile:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnaoC0OX4QY