PDA

View Full Version : Bearpaw Lair Reviews

KMACK
11-17-2011, 20:46
Like the title says...looking for reviews on the Bearpaw Lair, with or with out the netting.

MuddyWaters
11-19-2011, 16:34
I dont have any experience, theres a couple of people on backpackinglight.com that have them. Doorway is a bit low, price is good though.

Bearpaw has good prices, very quick work. A few have complained about shoddy looking sewing, but Ive seen that from all cottage mfgs, the items are hand sewn, not mass produced. Somewhat a case of expectations sometimes I think. I could say the same about the sewing of ULA packs if you turn them inside out, lots of room for improvement in neatness. But obviously perfectly functional.

What HAS kept me away from bearpaw are the pictures of the gear. If you cant achieve a taut pitch for the online catalog picture, then it probably cannot be done. Leads me to believe the sewn lines of shelters are a bit imprecise, and thats why the non-taut corners, etc in pics. Even with Sil, which stretches. Not an issue with a net inner, and thats what he sells a lot of to very satisfied customers.