PDA

View Full Version : Temps right now in Georgia elevation?

BlakeGrice
11-18-2011, 00:53
Leave Tuesday for springer. 4 nights. I'm only 1.5 hours from it and the temps here have been warm. What can I expect next week? Night especially

Bianchi Veloce
11-18-2011, 01:08
Here are a couple of links.

Springer Mountain http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Springer-Mountain/forecasts/1153

Tray Mountain http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Tray-Mountain/forecasts/1350

daddytwosticks
11-18-2011, 08:10
It is in the low 20's this morning in the valleys of western NC. Have a great hike. :)

generoll
11-18-2011, 08:55
it was 24 in Hiawassee this morning. Assuming a standard lapse rate of 3 degrees per 1000 feet I'd say Springer was in the teens this AM.

FatMan
11-18-2011, 09:09
I would be prepared for teens, but I don't think you will need it. We will be warming up over the next 5 days with some rain expected tues and wed. Then I am guessing some nice hiking weather to follow. You will likely be in some rain early on though.

If I remember I will update on Sunday/Monday. Enjoy your hike.

FatMan
11-21-2011, 08:53
The weather outlook for next week is unseasonably warm and seasonably wet. I doubt you will see any freezing temps at night. Highs will be in the upper 50s and might even get into the 60s. Thursday and Friday should be fantastic with plenty of sunshine. Expect to be in the clouds on Tues and wet. Wed will be clearing and decent. Then some rain "may" come back in on the weekend and it will remain unseasonably warm. The rain will depend on how much of a southern wind we get. This is kind of like hitting the jackpot for a Thanksgiving Week hike. Enjoy your hike.

PS, I would still be prepared for colder weather. Conditions up here are often hard to predict. The weather forecast for this weekend was cloudy and no rain. Guess what, we had rain starting Saturday night and were in the clouds since. If not familiar with "in the clouds" it means you are literally at an elevation that puts you in the cloud with it looking like fog with a constant mist hanging in the air.