PDA

View Full Version : Foot size help

strollingalong
11-21-2011, 11:41
In a nutshell.... I need trail runners, I live in Mexico, there are no trail runners in Mexico, won't be leaving Mexico until 2 days before I start the AT, therefore I need to buy online (AGHHH) , how do I increase my chances of a decent fit? any measuring hints?

or wear running shoes for first few days and buy on the trail? haha that sounds stupid

kreate
11-21-2011, 12:00
Honestly, regular running shoes should be just fine. its all about fit and if your feet are hamburger because you started out in a pair of shoes that caused blisters it wont matter what kind of tread you have.
just my 2c
-kreate

Pages
11-21-2011, 12:19
strollingalong,

i bought my trail runners - salamon xa comps, which i love - 1/2 size bigger than normal. next time i will get them a FULL size bigger to accommodate foot swelling and a better insole.

TV

Feral Bill
11-21-2011, 12:51
I assume that there are shoe stores in Mexico.:) Get measured as for any other shoes, then order accordingly. If they use European sizing get a conversion chart on line. Buy from a source who takes returns, like REI or LL Bean. If all else fails, buy when you get here and hope for the best, You can change later if you need to.

Echraide
11-21-2011, 23:22
My New Balance trail runners are true to fit. You might want to buy a 1/2 size larger or wider than your usual size. I get them online from New Balance Web Express, very reliable and fast shipping. You want to break in any & all hiking shoes before you get on the trail.