PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks large blast food bag sealing methods

B-Rabbit
11-23-2011, 11:14
I just received one of these food bags made by ZPacks. When I cinched the draw string I noticed there was still an opening at the top of the bag. This bag not being a roll top anyone got suggestions of how to hang it to keep your food dry??

Spokes
11-23-2011, 11:19
Hmmmmm, I always use a 20L Sea-to-Summit Ultralight bag with a bottom strap and hang it upside down with a D-ring.

You could try twisting the top of the bag then wrapping and cinching a slip knot around the "neck" of the twist with the drawstring to close up that hole then hang it. I assume most of your food will be re-packaged in ziplocks anyway.

B-Rabbit
11-23-2011, 11:21
Yeah, guess I should have done more research... No under straps on this one to hang it upside down..

Spokes
11-23-2011, 11:26
Yeah, guess I should have done more research... No under straps on this one to hang it upside down..

Yep, more and more sack manufacturer's are cutting corners to save every freaking penny they can. Bummer.

Try the wrap and cinch method mentioned. It may get you by.

Cheers!

10-K
11-23-2011, 11:34
I sleep with my food so I don't have a problem with it getting wet but I normally carry at least one trash bag (like a 30 gallon) to keep wet clothes or whatever in.

When I've had to hang my food I put my food bag inside the trash bag and twist it shut and run my cord through the little doodads that you pull to close the bag.

BTW, I use the ZPacks food bag too.

B-Rabbit
11-23-2011, 11:56
Yeah, Im sure I can rig something up. Guess these bags are great and "bomb proof"...as long as it's not raining.