PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Ranch Packs

ncwild
11-25-2011, 18:01
Interested in a Mystery Ranch G6000 backpack for extended trips (14-20 days). I am confused as to which frame to get with the pack, either the "NICE" frame or the "Guide" frame. I realized there is a weight difference, not only in the pack itself, but the frames as well. I currently have a ULA P-1 and will continue to use this for three season, but want a strong pack to haul 60-80 Lbs in the winter including a winter "bombproof tent". My guess is that most would go with the "Guide" frame, but would like some input for anyone that has used this pack. I know that "Tipi Walter" uses this pack, but I have not seen what type of frame he chose. Thanks.

FamilyGuy
11-25-2011, 18:37
I would go for the Nice frame because it is both modular (you can change out the main bag) and rated to over 100lb loads. I have a MR Trance and even with that suspension, I don't notice any sagging at 45lbs. Great packs.

No Belay
11-27-2011, 21:13
F G..... I was surprised to hear you bragging on any pack besides your McHale. You converted me.

TaTonka

FamilyGuy
11-27-2011, 23:54
F G..... I was surprised to hear you bragging on any pack besides your McHale. You converted me.

TaTonka

He didn't ask about Mchale....:D

If one can afford it, it is the ultimate way to go. I still like MR for the value equation in a load hauler, however. And made in the USA like Mchale isn't a bad thing either.

ncwild
11-28-2011, 08:05
Thanks for the info., not seeing many used ones out there (?).