PDA

View Full Version : Looking for March NOBO Partner/ Group

sterling98
11-26-2011, 14:43
Hey, I'm planning a NOBO thru-hike this March. I'm a teenage girl from VA and would love to hike with one or more other girls. I would prefer someone in VA or a neighboring states so we could go on a few hikes to get to know each other first. I need to get the AT done by the end of August so I need someone who can do 12-15 miles per day. I rather be sure to have someone to start out with than have to find a partner along the trail. I'm also looking to go with someone who is committed to doing the whole trail.

Thanks

George
11-28-2011, 13:32
if it is practical for you to hike the trail then it is just as practical to start at springer without a set partner, the chance of staying with an advertised for partner is slim to none, if you want to hike with a partner/group and are willing to be versatile to do so (adjust your pace to come to an agreement) it is no problem to find partners on the trail, but it looks like your proposed time slot would have a better chance of success if you were willing to be mostly solo(groups/partnerships tend to move slower than solos )

takethisbread
11-28-2011, 13:55
Hey, I'm planning a NOBO thru-hike this March. I'm a teenage girl from VA and would love to hike with one or more other girls. I would prefer someone in VA or a neighboring states so we could go on a few hikes to get to know each other first. I need to get the AT done by the end of August so I need someone who can do 12-15 miles per day. I rather be sure to have someone to start out with than have to find a partner along the trail. I'm also looking to go with someone who is committed to doing the whole trail.ThanksBeing a teenage girl is certainly a concern that many hikers don't think about. But a mid march start will give you plenty of opportunities to naturally hike with a young lady who you jive with socially and pace wise. Fear not, there will be 20-30 people leaving every day from springer around that time. In there you will find a few young women. A forced situation is a bad idea, as it's been posted so many times before. Good luck and don't stress. It'll be safe, and you will find a crew to hike with right away.