PDA

View Full Version : Pasta w/gravy recipes?

Different Socks
11-26-2011, 19:53
I have an opportunity to get some $1.19 gravy mixes that I can split into 4 cups a serving. I was gong to get some for instant taters, but I was wondering if anyone has a pasta with gravy recipes. The gravy flavors are: pork, chicken, turkey, peppered, beef and a few others.

STINGER1
11-26-2011, 20:28
This year I ate a lot of ramen w gravy meals on the cdt. Just boiled the ramen w a bit more water then dump in gravy, stir and eat. Great(cheap) hot lunch or dinner. Usually got McCormick gravy packets or similar. 2 ramen for every gravy pack.

LIhikers
11-26-2011, 20:43
And for a whole other taste, dump a packet of cup-a-soup mix in with your noodles.
Just like the gravy but different in taste.

One Half
11-26-2011, 21:24
i cook hamburg with onions and mushrooms and add brown gravy and serve with pasta when i am at home. if you dehydrate your own hamburger, onions and mushrooms this would be an easy trail meal. you can do the same or similar with chicken and gravy. they also make instant pesto mixes for pasta which is good with chicken. you just need to bring a little olive oil for it.

daddytwosticks
11-27-2011, 16:30
Dehydrated home=made spaggetti sauce...just dump a teaspoon of this powder into almost drained plain ramen noodles and stir. :)