PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ridge Gap Upper Hightower Rd Ga. question

jimtabor
11-28-2011, 17:41
I was told there is posts about getting to the state line NC/GA. but was unable to find any . Maybe I was looking in the wrong places. So my question does the AT cross Upper Hightower Rd near Blue Ridge Gap. And what type of road is it paved or dirt ? Sorry if this is a repeat of older posts. Thanks for your help.

Ron Haven
11-28-2011, 19:06
I was told there is posts about getting to the state line NC/GA. but was unable to find any . Maybe I was looking in the wrong places. So my question does the AT cross Upper Hightower Rd near Blue Ridge Gap. And what type of road is it paved or dirt ? Sorry if this is a repeat of older posts. Thanks for your help.I take a 2 wheel drive van but it is rough but passable when it isn't raining. When it is real wet I recommend 4X4 - also it is possible to get to Bly Gap but I don't recommend it.

Razor
11-28-2011, 21:04
If you are being shuttled , get them to drop you off where the payment ends. It is a 3/4 mile walk up to the gap and saves a bunch of wear on a regular car. This is a good start /stop for a hike but it is much better if someone is knowledgeable about the area and has been there before.