PDA

View Full Version : A.T. Cookie suggestions?

Lauriep
11-30-2011, 09:29
Anyone have ideas for an A.T.-related cookie shape?

I just ordered a cookie-cutter kit so I could have something fun and different for ATC's open house Saturday. I'm looking for a design suggestion of something that would be simple to make but clearly identifiable with the Trail.

I've thought an outhouse-shaped sugar cookie would be cute, but would that gross people out?

Laurie P.

Blissful
11-30-2011, 09:39
Ha ha outhouse cookie. Fun! :) I just think too the standard AT symbol with the T connected to the A everyone recognizes. I have this great cookie cutter in the shape of a moose I could have lent you. I also have one that looks like a cabin / shelter. :)

Wish I was there, I'll be heading to NY to help out my parents. Have a great time!~

hikerboy57
11-30-2011, 09:40
rectanglular brownies with a white frosting blaze!!

Lone Wolf
11-30-2011, 10:45
mouse shaped

Gray Blazer
11-30-2011, 10:54
Lone Wolf shaped

orions_knight
11-30-2011, 11:57
just use the typical xmas tree cutter and frost the AT symbol in. ??

Ktaadn
11-30-2011, 11:57
I like the classic AT symbol idea. You could also go with a hiking boot, bear paw, or simple recangle with white frosting. I like the outhouse idea too.

hikerboy57
11-30-2011, 12:06
cookies.............mmmmmmmhttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPacJfMe6cmKbEqhgOMEBW3A8JsgkGc coif9guf1cbhmgsyWiH1g

Lauriep
11-30-2011, 12:15
Thanks for all the great ideas!

I'll have to go with one of the simpler ideas--using the cookie cutter kit is proving more difficult than I thought.

Maybe next year we'll have to hold an A.T. cookie contest!

- Laurie

Blissful
12-01-2011, 15:01
Now there's a good idea, Laurie. :)

shelterbuilder
12-01-2011, 20:01
Laurie, try this link: http://www.cheapcookiecutters.com/collections/tool-cookie-cutters .We're considering some "special" sugar cookies for the Rausch Gap Shelter Restoration Project....

Rain Man
12-01-2011, 23:54
I've thought an outhouse-shaped sugar cookie would be cute, but would that gross people out?

Heavens, no.

Rain:sunMan

Lauriep
12-02-2011, 13:36
OK Blissful, game on for next December!

Here's my first, puffy, lop-sided attempt ("TigerBomb" made the cookie cutter, I made the cookie dough). I'm sure (well, at least I hope) the cookies at the end of the batch will look a little better...

ShelterBuilder--CheapCookieCutters.com is precisely where I got my kit. Making cookie cutters is harder than it looks! Maybe with some practice...

Laurie

Spokes
12-02-2011, 17:35
In a pinch just use a standard Christmas tree cookie cutter then pipe green icing to form the AT logo right on the cookie tree shape!

shelterbuilder
12-02-2011, 21:50

ShelterBuilder--CheapCookieCutters.com is precisely where I got my kit. Making cookie cutters is harder than it looks! Maybe with some practice...

Laurie

You need to find someone who "works" in sheet metal, and who has access to a small brake (to put a safety edge on the pieces), some jewelry-making hand tools (to make the bends in the pieces), a small low-power spot-welder (to put the pieces together) and a small quantity of 26 or 28 Ga. stainless steel. That person should be able to visualize ow to put your "custom" cookie-cutter together.

Or - you could take a pine tree or Christmas tree cookie-cutter and straighten the "sides" of the tree to form the sides of the "A" in the symbol, and just cut out a small triangle from the middle (to form the "hole" in the "A").

Or - cut out the standard Christmas tree form, then trim off the "branches" to form straight sides, etc.

BYOC (Bake Your Own Cookie) !!!