PDA

View Full Version : Shock-corded pole storage

hikerjohnd
03-07-2005, 00:50
I recently unpacked a tent that has been stored for about 4 years (actually an OR Bivy) and I noticed the shock corded poles seem loose. So, I was wondering if it would be better to store shock corded poles assembled? Does it matter? Thanks for the input!

Peaks
03-07-2005, 11:15
I'm sure that it's probably better not to store the poles collapsed. But, I keep my poles collapsed, and have not had problems.

Contact the manufacturer about repair or replacement

Footslogger
03-07-2005, 11:17
I recently unpacked a tent that has been stored for about 4 years (actually an OR Bivy) and I noticed the shock corded poles seem loose. So, I was wondering if it would be better to store shock corded poles assembled? Does it matter? Thanks for the input!=============================
I agree with Peaks ...that's it's probably better not to store them folded up but I'll betcha most hikers do. Good news is that you can tighten the shock cord yourself and/or it's fairly easy to re-string them if necessary. I've had to do that once or twice myself.

'Slogger
AT 2003

Rain Man
03-07-2005, 11:45
.... Good news is that you can tighten the shock cord yourself and/or it's fairly easy to re-string them if necessary. I've had to do that once or twice myself.

Same here. I found it wasn't that big a chore. Many outfitters sell the cord for just this purpose.

Rain :sun Man

max patch
03-07-2005, 12:06
never mind