PDA

View Full Version : Duct tape fashion

Mags
03-08-2005, 12:27
Makes my repair jobs pale by comparison. :)
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/popup?id=547701

hikerjohnd
03-08-2005, 12:39
Makes my repair jobs pale by comparison. :)
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/popup?id=547701
Uh oh - now we are going to see some die hard enthusiast in duct tape drawers and shirt! :D

TDale
03-08-2005, 13:26
Nah, too heavy. That brown plastic box tape is much lighter. :D

Tractor
03-08-2005, 22:18
Used to be a segment on each Red Green Show. Hey. Whatever happened to those? Fond memories.

"And if the ladies don't find you handsome, at least they can find you handy"
Red Green

TDale
03-08-2005, 23:10
I can still catch Red Green down here in GA somtimes, on satellite. Funny stuff.

Lugnut
03-09-2005, 00:16
We have three PBS stations here and I get to watch several Red Green shows each week; one of the few advantages of living where it snows way too much. After Al Bundy, he's my biggest hero. :D

Brock
03-09-2005, 12:04
I was thinking too about how proud Red would be....

http://www.redgreen.com/

I live in Cincinnati, and it is on tv (PBS) all the time. I don't really care for it though.

Mags
03-09-2005, 12:26
When I was at the tail end of my PCT hike in 2002, was in a hotel room in Washington state not very far from the Canadian border.

I knew the end of the trek was near. Was seeing CBC on the TV, saw weather reports for Vancouver (in celcius), reports about parliament, saw spellings such as "colour", and of course saw Canada's duct tape expert: Red Green.

Great show.

oyvay
03-09-2005, 15:13
Oh yeah the show is alive, well and still broadcast over the CBC and some USA PBS stations. My sister got tickets to taping of a show for her husband. He even got to be one of the "club" members you see at the end (backs only), because he was wearing a plaid flannel shirt. There's some good Red Green movies out too.

Kerosene
03-09-2005, 16:40
The name of the starter for the TPC Las Colinas golf course in Dallas is named "Red Green". I just met him last week!

TDale
03-09-2005, 16:54
If you didn't know, 3m is making clear duct tape. Interesting clothing possibilites there.

Lugnut
03-09-2005, 19:24
There's some good Red Green movies out too.

The only Red Green movie that I know of is: "Duct Tape Forever". I wouldn't say it's really good but I enjoyed it a lot. My standards are lower for comedy shows I guess.

Jester2000
03-09-2005, 22:48
I won the (only, I think) Trail Days Hiker Fashion Show in 2001 wearing a complete duct tape outfit consisiting of a red, two pocket collared shirt, a baseball cap, shorts and sandals. But now I'm on to wallets and purses.

I currently have a whole mess of colors, made by different companies: silver, black, red, clear, blue, yellow, tan, brown, dark green, lime green, pink, purple, and bright orange. There may be others in my house. I haven't done an inventory lately.

I have too much time on my hands.

Jester2000
03-09-2005, 22:49
And white! How could I forget white?!?

DuctTape
03-10-2005, 05:27
Okay, everybody doesn't all have to try to talk to me at once... one at a time now....

squirrel bait
03-10-2005, 08:56
I can never find "Red Green" here on the outer banks. I enjoyed them back in Iowa. One of my favorites, the one where they duct taped chairs to the power lines supports so everyone would have an unobstructed view of the boat race. Does the non silver duct tape work as well as the silver? How about the clear?

Jester2000
03-18-2005, 17:11
I've found that all of the 3M tapes work equally well, meaning black, red, white, clear, and silver (regular).

The Duck Tape Company (I think that's what it's called) tape seems weaker to me and I only use it for decoration. Maybe it's because their tape is made out of ducks.

Red works very well for putting up red blazes.

Slimer
03-18-2005, 17:58
I remember watching the Red Green show, and it sure brings back some memories! He once used duct-tape to build a house, but I always got a big kick out of the guests on his show..........some real characters.

Youngblood
03-18-2005, 18:25
I can never find "Red Green" here on the outer banks. I enjoyed them back in Iowa. One of my favorites, the one where they duct taped chairs to the power lines supports so everyone would have an unobstructed view of the boat race. Does the non silver duct tape work as well as the silver? How about the clear?3M advertises that their transparent duct tape lasts 6X longer... and they charge more for it so it must be true. :) http://www.3m.com/us/office/scotch/transducttape/lasts6x.jhtml .