PDA

View Full Version : Dog ate hammock

lkaluzi
12-08-2011, 09:12
So my friend's puppy ripped my hammock into shreds last night. It was a hennessey ultralite asymetrical backpacker. So now my friend is going to buy me a new one but i'm not sure I want to go with the same model. I'm not sure I liked that you entered the hammock from the bottom, and I definentaly didn't like the tiny rain fly that came with it. What hammock would you buy for under $200 that weighs around the same (but probably more because of a bigger tarp)?

Six-Six
12-08-2011, 09:26
Just my opinion: You are about to get a $200 'gift certificate' to buy a new hammock. You already know what you like and don't like. Instead of shopping for what fits into the same price range, find the one you really like and has the features you really want. Then kick in the extra money yourself (if you are able to of course). You will enjoy hammocking more and have the hammock that you really wanted and needed in the first place. Then a year from now you won't be saying 'I like my new hammock, but.......' Again, just my opinion.

Spogatz
12-08-2011, 10:46
Why don't you up your game and go with a WB blackbird hammock?

jlo
12-08-2011, 10:52
I spent my summer in an ENO hammock and loved it! You have to get the fly, bug net and straps separate, but altogether it costsa bout $150 for teh doublenest (which is a few ounces heavier, but mucy roomier).

rjjones
12-08-2011, 20:16
I'm with Six.Take the two hundred and look to see what you would realy like.Theres alot out there.Can you say Cuben{well cuben may be a little much,pretty pricey}

One Half
12-08-2011, 20:18
Just my opinion: You are about to get a $200 'gift certificate' to buy a new hammock. You already know what you like and don't like. Instead of shopping for what fits into the same price range, find the one you really like and has the features you really want. Then kick in the extra money yourself (if you are able to of course). You will enjoy hammocking more and have the hammock that you really wanted and needed in the first place. Then a year from now you won't be saying 'I like my new hammock, but.......' Again, just my opinion.

+1

good advice.

msupple
12-09-2011, 00:21
www.hammockforums.net (http://www.hammockforums.net) The Motherlode of info. Practically no one is buying a bottom entry hammock these days. Ther are plenty of other choices in your price range. I'd be looking at either a Switchback or a Warbonnett Blackbird. If you are not in a hurry PM Papasmurf over there and get a really light weight rig with both a mosquito net and upper weathershield built in custom built to your specs.