03-08-2005, 17:27
tired of reading shhhh

Brushy Sage
03-08-2005, 17:43
So, did you have a good day?

Nightwalker
03-08-2005, 22:09
So, did you have a good day?
Not who you asked, but I had a great day. My dad and I got a lot of work done. Much more than we expected.

I've only got a little more to buy for this year's hike. I realized after last year that too much planning sucks, so I'm only planning a little ahead at a time. I'm not stressing at all. I'm feeling extremely mellow. One more 6-day workout/warmup hike. 18 days from today. This is gonna be pretty darned cool.

hikerjohnd
03-08-2005, 22:18
I too had a nice evening. I am a volunteer for the Veterans Oral History Project and I interviewed a man who was a medic in the Pacific during WWII. Very interesting story. I can't wait to go back and talk with him again!

Brushy Sage
03-09-2005, 10:48
I've been doing oral history interviews with people in western North Carolina in connection with a book I hope to write. One man is a young organic farmer from Spring Creek, not far from Max Patch Mtn. He was an AT thru hiker from Alabama. When he came through Hot Springs, he did some farm work for Elmer, and grew to like the area. After his hike, he searched for land in the Hot Springs area, bought a farm in Spring Creek, and now sells locally grown produce at the farmers markets in Asheville and Mars Hill.